What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass/RI/Con Growers here! ...Part II

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
I don't know about you guys, but cali buds are what keep my business going...vac sealed year old bud never compares to east coast home grown. Like the old saying goes you get what you pay for....

S

Slip Kid

Otto, I completely agree but you have to admit that taking pokes at cali bud is, in a diabolical way, pretty fun.:) The stuff that I ever see which is rare unless I'm with some one else makes me remember why I started growing. Mel Frank said "Your homegrown can be the best!" and my goodness was he right.:)
I have no problem with Cali bud, mexi bud, seaweed bud, it has no effect on me unless I smoke it by mistake.:)

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
I am with you slip, what I was trying to say is "Cali bud" thats so "dank brah" doesn't come close to the home grown we grow. So since their is so much shitty cali work where I am from kids have no issue paying premium prices for killer east coast strains....If everyone on the east was growing buds and not importing the cali's I'd be in trouble, my lbs would go for what cali lbs go for now. So I am totally fine with that shit flooding the market, it makes it easy for me to sell the killa!

woops....forgot to throw a "fam" in their.....for being a stoner, stoner talk annoys me.

Last edited:

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
So i got a pic of what I think is gonna be the best plant from the recent seeds popped. It's a #1 f2. Its the closest plant I found so far that has resin production like the black goat. Not as much resin but close, plus side with this plant is that it actually has some excellent smell coming thru, unlike the black goat that was bland. I am starting to see the NL5 side of things, they don't come thru often in the seeds but they are pretty as could be when I find it...Smells like grape candy, perfume, soda something like that, she is starting to flush out and should be ready to chop in a week.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Otto nailed it. The Cali bud that comes out this way has done nothing but help things locally. I know guys that use the work to make their bones and then come knocking on my door looking for something to puff on for their head. Works for me.

NEG, check out the Pure Afghan from DNA. Say what you will about the company, some of the criticism is well earned, but that line is worth exploring if you're into Afghan smoke. I haven't found much else commercially available worth digging through yet. I kinda missed the boat on Afghan stock, the consensus appears to be that the late 80s-early 90s was the high water mark for unadulterated Afghan varieties, at least from commercial offerings.

Anyhow, the best plants had the classic Afghan aroma; musky grapefruit with floral hashy notes and a soothing body buzz from head to toe. It's like taking a warm shower while getting a hummer.

gmanwho

Veteran
The shit i've seen from the elbows an elbows flown in , CA or CO, mites an mold, occasional goodness but far inbetween. Little people know that the shit that does make it here is not the high test, that stays there, the shit they cant sell to the dispensaries makes it here!

NOt to mention the things u cant see!!!! the floramite etc and or any other chems sprayed on the plants or circulated in the rez. Anything to keep bugs at bay just to pull a harvest!! " fuckit " they say, " im not the one smoking it, its being shipped somewhere far from here!!"

Im sure not everyone is like that. But im willing to bet there alot of cash croppers not caring what you inhale.

B-safe everyone.... an otto, stellar #1....

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
Otto -- that looks like Number Eleven.. I kinda had a feeling Num Eleven was leaning towards NL5/haze side. Although, the bubba still introduces different smells.

And a big sarcastic hoooooray! My fucking mini split install job clearly sucked.... Or the flared copper lines suck.... Found a refrigerant leak & it's losing cooling ability. So, obviously, I killed power to the unit 18 hrs ago... Been running on the 250w CFLs around the room. Now tomorrow I get to learn how to evacuate the system, fix the fucking flares, and recharge it.... Hooray. Luckily I got a buddy who is an HVAC tech, but in another state.. So I'm gunna borrow his tools & he's gunna walk me thru it. I know I will get it done, I'm just pissed about these flared lines & don't think they will ever seat properly.

....wish me luck. Lol, by the end of this I will be a licensed tech.. I'm going to take a 10wk course just so I have this in my back pocket. Enough of this nonsense.

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
So I know we've talked LEDs before.. Who's using them as supplemental? I'm about ready to ditch these 250w CFLs for 180w Haight LEDs. My buddy swiped a 350w Haight from his lab, heh, he made out like a bandit... Good thing they love him over there.. Anyways, long story short this thing is bad ass. I am thoroughly impressed with everything about it, to the point of jealousy. Now I would never wanna spend $750 each for those 350w'ers, so I'm deciding between a bunch of 90w'ers or a few 180w'ers.

If a 180w LED (roughly 600w hid?) placed over a girl in a 20gal smarty yields a QP more than the same plant with just the vert HIDs around, well then it's a no brainer.. It's worth it. So I guess that's where I'm at with this now, I don't feel these 250w CFLs are doing much so I'm gunna swap them for LEDs that will drop the power bill and hopefully make a noticeable difference in yield.

I'm taking down the conn chem today, she's the one that was in the 4kw corral, this is my biggest girl yet. She's clearly gunna smash 16oz, I'm hoping to get 24-26 off her.. I'm taking pics, no worries ;-) slip I feel like u buddy... I been cutting since 5am and it literally looks like I've gotten no where... Fist size buds top to bottom inside and out!

DZLHIT

I am betting you will notice a huge difference, switching from CFL to LED. CFL is really weak once you get 12" away from it

I would say the 180watt panel is a lot closer to a 400, but still shy. 600 would be overly generous.

It will make for a good test, and some nice pictures :)

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
Alright 180w is closer to 400w, good to know. I'm really only interested in something closer to the 600w output range... So that puts me back @ the 350w models... Which I'm guessing are closer to like 750w HID output. I was really set on these Haight solid states, but maybe ill look at kessil to see if they offer something in the 250w range.

Btw... A/C repair = easy as pie. Feels good gettin shit done right ;-) ... The baby is gunna blow colder than ever before.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
CDM, great to hear about the repair and that it was easy. Also good to know about the number 11 being similar. I can only imagine the sticky icky of a nl5 dom plant thats mixed with that bubba, beyond resinous. The bubba seems to be dominate in that cross and honestly it was probably for the better. I should probably pop some of those soon.

Chem D finished up, day 68.
picture.php

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
My breakfast. Medible Peanut Butter made with 2 1/2PS sugartrim of P98 bubbakush. Shits taste so,good! 2 spoon fills here we come :tiphat:

SvGi48f.jpg

B

BasementGrower

hahah love the peanut budder. wish i could get down to RI and get into the business somehow. i need to find a place to grow indoors ASAP even tho the outdoor season is on the move.. the indoors is were i like to be .. hate having to worry about the outdoors.. lol..

Lookin good otto .... Love that chem d funk ... .. No doubt!!

Cali buds are weak sauce around here .... Shit just don't compare ..... My guys gets them ..... Occasionally .... And it's funny ..... I tell him not even to waste my time w them junk ..... Year old crusty vac sealed buds w possible mites or other garbage sprayed on em

Good Cali ganja ..... Doesn't leave Cali and not too much of the real good shit makes it to greedy dispensaries

Got some beautiful s99 seedlings running .... 27 ...... Looking for some keepers

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
@ CDM: nice harvest indeed!! How's she smell looks dank!

TomHillHazef2 x Hammerhead (WhiteRhino x Medicine Man) 64 days
mFjKnOd.jpg

jQEw74j.jpg

rDmnetS.jpg

vRVPG0v.jpg

ZujVoyc.jpg

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
Nice NEG

GEMINI -- it's from CSG. Chem D x chem bx2 I think. It's very, very close to the D. Smell is almost completely spot on. Stanks like dirty gym socks & the smoke sends you into orbit.

Interesting .... ... I like the D ..... Power funk

Got some chem4 in the cloner tray sittin in coco .... A special kush and diesel are along for the ride too ..... Much appreciated broski .... You know who you are :tiphat:

Cracking some beans tmrw too .... (Trainwreck x princess diesel) x lucifer and p98Bubba x Cush ..... Looking forward to these ..... I'd be surprised NOT to find a gem in either of those

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts