What's new

MarshMello steps up to the plate.......

Marshmello

Yesterday brought me the news that I had been waiting for as I was determined to be 100% Disabled by the SSA. I knew that I was disabled but trying to get Uncle Sam to agree that you are disabled is another ball of wax altogether.
I called and set up my appointment for tomorrow with Green Mountain Care and I have no doubt that I will be qualified under Colorado guidelines.
So.....after more than a year of plotting and planning, I am ready to start the process of growing my own medicine.:woohoo:
I have been dreaming of the day and I can't believe that it is finally here.
The following is my layout and how I have planned initially....I also have a couple of friends that have some knowledge to help as well.

The room is a walk in closet and measures appx. 5'x8.5' and the ceiling is just over 7'. I will be replacing the door with one that will be deadbolted shut and security will also be very good as I have an intruder alarm already in place at my home, not to mention a couple nice doggies. :joint:

I plan on putting a 3x3 Ebb & Flow table, as low as possible in order to leave max headspace. I will run a 600w HPS with an air-cooled hood.
I am also seriously considering a light mover with possibly 2x6oo's.(thoughts?)
I haven't decided if I will split the room in order to have a veg/mother area or just make another cabinet which I will probably do. The ventilation will be more than adequate with both fresh & exhaust, smell not really being too much of a concern.

After watching and reading many techniques, I have decided to grow in CoCo and I feel that is the best way for me to go at this juncture.
I will use the GH 3pt.
I need some batteries for my camera and I want to throw up some pix of the room...hopefully I get the batteries before I start so I can have some before and after pix.

My friends have clones waiting for my table to get set-up and if I can have things fall into place, my table should be feeding some ladies by this weekend.:yeahthats:canabis: :friends:

l_6d5ff748e78f493b8bf0b4d269de1018.jpg

MtnKuSh

good to here dude.. let us know if ya have any questions so we can help ya get this grow started. goodluck and keep us posted :rasta:

E

EllieGrows

The ventilation will be more than adequate with both fresh & exhaust, smell not really being too much of a concern

Believe me if you are planning on 1200 watts, smell is going to be a concern, scrub that shit or the whole neighborhood will know. Especially if you are planning on venting outside. When I first got my med card, I didn't think security was a big deal, but it is! Robbery is a real concern, and you want to be prepared for the inlaws/family and all other visitors. Scrub that shit. Scrub that shit.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
MM congrats on getting over that long drawn out SS disability process but may I recomend you keep records of all your future doctor visits, prescriptions, medical problems, etc. as they, the Feds, will show back up, i mean contact you, every once in awhile wanting to make sure you really are disabled and you need to be as preparred as you can be..and keep seeing your physicians a few times a year, records my friend. Good luck on your script..hope you get it..DD

Marshmello

Thank-You guys for the posts and I will try and keep this updated daily.
I'm not sweating the posting here at all anymore and I have always just read and lurked for the past 18mos.
Those days are over, not to say I'm gonna try and go all "Tony Montana" on the CO MMJ Scene. I just don't have to be so fuggin' paranoid about getting in trouble for using a Superior MEDICINE.
I'll be legal in less than 24hrs and I couldn't be happier than knowing I can Legally use a medicine that is 100% Better IMO than all of the shit I have been pumped full of over the last couple years.

Marshmello

Believe me if you are planning on 1200 watts, smell is going to be a concern, scrub that shit or the whole neighborhood will know. Especially if you are planning on venting outside. When I first got my med card, I didn't think security was a big deal, but it is! Robbery is a real concern, and you want to be prepared for the inlaws/family and all other visitors. Scrub that shit. Scrub that shit.

The Light or 2 will be AirCooled hoods out of the room into the attic.
The Ventilation into & out of the room will be 5oocfm inline fans and it will also be vented to the attic and down to the other end of the house where the attic vent faces my back yard and there is no way anybody is going back there unless maybe it's that Dog Whisperer dude, and I'm still convinced the oldest one would eat that guy's leg, right off. :yoinks:

I'm seriously considering throwing some clones out back where they would be in direct sunlight all day.....any of you guys know when the "12/12" starts here in CO.?
I could even build a temporary shelter/lean-to to protect from the occasional elements. I'm home, basically 24/7 and could give them Top of the Line care.
The sun has gotta be better than a 6oo or 2, no?

*edit*
Your avatar is Great!

Last edited:

Marshmello

MM congrats on getting over that long drawn out SS disability process but may I recomend you keep records of all your future doctor visits, prescriptions, medical problems, etc. as they, the Feds, will show back up, i mean contact you, every once in awhile wanting to make sure you really are disabled and you need to be as preparred as you can be..and keep seeing your physicians a few times a year, records my friend. Good luck on your script..hope you get it..DD

Thank-You Doobie & I will.
Unfortunately, the disease I suffer from(H.S.) is an incurable, untreatable disease.

Marshmello

My buddy came by and dropped off a van load of gear! :yoinks:
I now have my 3x3, 600hps & ballast, table that will need some height adjustment work done and a simple hood. Also some duct work and fans.
I need to check on the GH Res for the table so I can maximize space usage as well. He said it was still a bit early on the clones but that he could bring them whenever.
Plastic sheeting, Mylar, pots, coco, and nutes I have been accumulating over the course of the past months and I can't believe this is actually about to happen. :woohoo:
The room is cleaned up and ready to be set-up. I had it wired with a new sub panel that has 2 breakers and more than enough to hold whatever I can run....tomorrow while I'm in Denver, I will make a trip out to the Big Tomato and pick up an air cooled hood. He also said that the bulb had some hours on it so I will probably invest in a bulb as well.
3.gif

MtnKuSh

big tomato on 6th..? i like them guys over there its the only place i use..aurora hydro is like walking distance from me but i like BT better.

Marshmello

Thanx for the Karma simple. :joint:

Yes sir, that would be the one....out on 6th.
I will be out that way in the afternoon around 230ish I'm thinkin'.

rooted

nice to meet ya mello :wave:

good luck with the doc + the grow, if ya need anything we're all here to help

as for the lights, one 600 is plenty for a 3x3 table

what kind of coco will you be using? some need to be thoroughly washed before use

for the moms, i highly recommend a seperate cab or alternate closet

:joint:

Marshmello

nice to meet ya mello :wave:

good luck with the doc + the grow, if ya need anything we're all here to help

as for the lights, one 600 is plenty for a 3x3 table

what kind of coco will you be using? some need to be thoroughly washed before use

for the moms, i highly recommend a seperate cab or alternate closet

:joint:

The Doc went fine, my disease is pretty obvious and should be listed IMO.
It is listed in the SS Index as a Rare, Incurable Disease.
Anyways, Thanks for the good vibes Bro & I send them back your way.

I thought the 6oo would be good from what I have read here.

I'm gonna use BCuzz from a Solid tip...straight out of the bag.
GH 3Part Flora Series with Floralicsious & Liquid Kool Bloom
Right off of the re-ciculate schedule from GH.

Yea...I kinda thought that was the way to go as well...I'll be making a cab or something.

I gotta get this whole numbers thing figured out and try to see what's up.
According to the guidelines, I have to pull 2 Zips off of 3 plants!
Or pay extreme mark-up because that's what the market is.:1help:

Marshmello

Yeah i've had good luck with the BigTomato they seem really friendly
& Knowledgeable IMO....My friend told me of a shop in Boulder that will match them on anything if anybody is out that way.
I'll get the shop name and post it next time we talk.

Marshmello

I don't get why the pic is not in the post but..oh well, it's a link to my IC Album.
How do you like the Bubbler I picked up in D?
I asked Mike from GrnMtn where a Head-Shop was and he referred me to Dementia on South Broadway.
The referral knocked of 20%....$25 on it.