What's new

Mars Hydro UR45 UV&IR Led Grow Light bars

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use UVA bars. I think there all UVA and 30 watts?. Mine do not have any separate on/off control. They hook into the main power for whatever led is used so it's on/off with the lights schedule. I would have to make a separate power line to control them on their own. It's been like that for years now.

Last edited:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm curious about the light strips. It's definitely something you hear alot of varying comments about how exactly to use for optimal output. Probably gonna have to try some different things with them to get it dialed in. Nice grow glad to see someone document using these in a grow.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Is the uv part on the lights both uvb and uva....as under most of the tests done the increases in the resin compounds are only seen when both are combined...From most of the scientific tests done I dont think much was seen from just uva alone... Maybe combined with other bands other benfits are going on...would be cool to see some comparison grows...its good to see mars putting some more choices out so more we can further enhance things.
with the integrated dual command (uv/ir) i can't help but turn it on and off manually..divided they would be timed automatically and autonomously..it doesn't seem like a bad idea.let's go towards automation, let's do it for real.always excellent jobs.👍👌
Thank you for your recognition. We have been committed to making planting more convenient and launched more smart products. And studies have shown that the UVA band is less harmful to plant cells than the UVB band, and can achieve similar effects.

driver77

I'm curious about the light strips. It's definitely something you hear alot of varying comments about how exactly to use for optimal output. Probably gonna have to try some different things with them to get it dialed in. Nice grow glad to see someone document using these in a grow.
I got 2 tents set up with them with similar main lights....1 tent is getting simulated sunrise/sunset so it gets higher percentages of uv/ir in the morning and night. The other is getting just timed with main light, I will try some different options on next grow. The tent with simulated sunrise/sunset is the one pictured above and plants have been under it since seedling. This is the other tent that had a grow already going, except for the 3 youngsters who have been under it for most of their lives.....I harvested one today(sorry no pics) The young girls are just starting to flower....they are wedding cake autos.
The 2 that look like hell have been through it.....please don't judge my growing skills on them :Bolt:
20230606_091000[1080].jpg

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
This is our official recommended method, but I think you may have explored a method that is more suitable for you.

Infrared (IR): 30 minutes a day, turn on the IR 15 minutes before the main light is turned on and 15 minutes after the main light is turned off every day.
Ultraviolet (UV): Use with the main light after flowering, 60-90 in the early stage, 90-120 in the middle stage, and 120 in the late stage (but pay attention to the plant buds)

driver77

Update....there is enough uv to do damage I think lol....I only run uv a few hours a day now....some older leaves were showing signs of stress. I run ir with light schedule and uv a few hours a day, a few more in the flower tent. First pic is flower tent.
20230613_073535[1106].jpg

You can see yellowing leaves on bottom of plant closest, it's not fade lol. The oldest leaves were the ones showing signs of damage, rest of plant seems fine.
20230613_073324[1107].jpg

Again you can see a yellow leave in the right rear corner plant.

Last edited:

driver77

So after some thought I think maybe the uv is fine....the plants I was concerned about older leaves turning yellow too soon to be fade......well they are all fastbuds varieties this time and I think they are just maturing that much faster. Anyhow....uv back on with light schedule. :unsure:

driver77

You did a valiant attempt👍, so would you consider tweaking UV light times next?
I look forward to an upgraded version with ability to time them independently for sure! But for now I decided to finish this run with it timed with main light. After some thought and input from others I've decided the damage I was referring to is probably not from uv.
Current schedule: back to both uv/ir on with main light

BABY Z

I look forward to an upgraded version with ability to time them independently for sure! But for now I decided to finish this run with it timed with main light. After some thought and input from others I've decided the damage I was referring to is probably not from uv.
Current schedule: back to both uv/ir on with main light
Io inizialmente proverò a fare un giro tenendole entrambe accese 18/6 e poi 12/12....per vedere come si relazionano con le piante....ho già troppi accessori da dover temporizzare,se dovessi metterle entrambe con un timer sarebbe troppo elaborioso....vedremo

driver77

Io inizialmente proverò a fare un giro tenendole entrambe accese 18/6 e poi 12/12....per vedere come si relazionano con le piante....ho già troppi accessori da dover temporizzare,se dovessi metterle entrambe con un timer sarebbe troppo elaborioso....vedremo
My thinking was the ir part could run with main light schedule, but the uv would be nice to just use a few hours a day....so only 1 more timer. But I'm back to thinking that all can be run together though. The sun has uv in it all the time......

driver77

I had a magnesium deficiency in almost all the plants. Can uv cause that???
This is off the Bruce Banner...top pic far left plant. Frosty as hell and stinks to high heaven now.
20230619_093234[1164].jpg

Last edited:

BABY Z

Early smoke test in.....definitely stronger! and aroma/taste seems better too although too early to tell for sure on that part. The plant I harvested had around 4 weeks under uv/ir, same plant grown without uv/ir is what I'm comparing to.
OK ma hai detto anche di aver esemplari sotto IR e UV per tutto il fotoperiodo giusto ? Hai qualche osservazione o suggerimento da sentirti di dirmi dato che anch'io le sto usando a fotoperiodo 18/6 fisso da ormai 2 w e non mi pare di riscontrare svantaggi o precauzioni da avere....🙂

driver77

OK but you also said you had specimens under IR and UV throughout the right photoperiod? Do you have any observations or suggestions to tell me since I am also using a photoperiod 18/6 fixed by now 2 w and I do not seem to find disadvantages or precautions to have....🙂
The plants that were started under these bars from seedling will start being ready in next week or so. I noticed they grew and matured very fast under the bars... so much so that I had to back the main light schedule down a bit to keep the plants from burning themselves up. I still run my uv/ir bars with main light schedule although I'm sure you could get by running them less. I don't see any disadvantage to running it more as far as the plants go so I just let them run. All I can tell you is they are inexpensive, and if you want to add a little extra to your grow then try these. I now have 1 tent running 18/6 for vegging and one running 12/12 for flowering both with the uv/ir bars and stand by my claims it makes weed stronger. Here's some studies to back me up. :smokeit:
uva/uvb test
Stronger weed with UV

BABY Z

The plants that were started under these bars from seedling will start being ready in next week or so. I noticed they grew and matured very fast under the bars... so much so that I had to back the main light schedule down a bit to keep the plants from burning themselves up. I still run my uv/ir bars with main light schedule although I'm sure you could get by running them less. I don't see any disadvantage to running it more as far as the plants go so I just let them run. All I can tell you is they are inexpensive, and if you want to add a little extra to your grow then try these. I now have 1 tent running 18/6 for vegging and one running 12/12 for flowering both with the uv/ir bars and stand by my claims it makes weed stronger. Here's some studies to back me up. :smokeit:
uva/uvb test
Stronger weed with UV
Sono davvero contento che tu mi abbia dato queste perle di saggezza....chi parla davvero con cognizione di causa e per esperienza diretta come te driver77 è sempre da ascoltare oltre che emulare 😉👍 grazie davvero....cercherò di tenermi sempre più informato