What's new

Mars Hydro UR45 UV&IR Led Grow Light bars

shotnva777

I'm sure it's a cost thing. If you go back in this thread you'll see where I and everyone else that has these has run into the same problem and Mars is aware.
I run them in all my tents now and after extensive testing I run mine with main light schedule but for 2hrs on 1 hr off.....thats with 650w of main light. If you run less than 650w you will need to increase the off time to keep plants from growing toward add on bars excessively.
So, no one has figured out a way to run them on seperate timers? That's garbage.

I've noticed that my plants are definitely growing towards the bars, dramatically. I'm using a very expensive Fluence Spydr 2p 631w light on 100% as well, so it's not like I'm under powered. All of the lights are about 18" from the plants canopy and they love it thus far. That is with both switches on, on the 45's, on 18hrs a day, along with the main light....

I'd really like to change that, but I'm not at home to babysit them all day, so I can't even use the UV if I don't put it on the same timer as the IR. Frustrating to say the least. I'm anout to just buy a 30w driver for the IR soley.

driver77

So, no one has figured out a way to run them on seperate timers? That's garbage.

I've noticed that my plants are definitely growing towards the bars, dramatically. I'm using a very expensive Fluence Spydr 2p 631w light on 100% as well, so it's not like I'm under powered. All of the lights are about 18" from the plants canopy and they love it thus far. That is with both switches on, on the 45's, on 18hrs a day, along with the main light....

I'd really like to change that, but I'm not at home to babysit them all day, so I can't even use the UV if I don't put it on the same timer as the IR. Frustrating to say the least. I'm anout to just buy a 30w driver for the IR soley.
No, but all that you need to do is just find a way to put separate timers after the ballast...so the low voltage side. I'm sure there is someone that makes a timer for low voltage stuff, I just didn't pursue it after using them with both on....worked great and I think it adds something extra.
Let me know what they charge for them.
I have 820w available I just found 650w was the sweet spot for me in a 4x4. I think you could run those bars full time with 800w+ if your plants could tolerate the extra light...Needs to be too high above the plants for me to be able to make it work. I think you'll notice a pretty big difference with those bars...I'm sold on them.

shotnva777

No, but all that you need to do is just find a way to put separate timers after the ballast...so the low voltage side. I'm sure there is someone that makes a timer for low voltage stuff, I just didn't pursue it after using them with both on....worked great and I think it adds something extra.
Let me know what they charge for them.
I have 820w available I just found 650w was the sweet spot for me in a 4x4. I think you could run those bars full time with 800w+ if your plants could tolerate the extra light...Needs to be too high above the plants for me to be able to make it work. I think you'll notice a pretty big difference with those bars...I'm sold on them.
Yea I'm kinda leaning towards just leaving them both on as well. My plants seem to love it.

synapse57

Pro Tip: Put your UV lights on a separate KASA Wifi power strip outlet. you can set the timers that way. Meross and SmartLife smart outlets can also have timers for X-min every Y-hrs. Perfect for UV-B

UV for the trichomes. FR/IR for the bud density growth.

driver77

Pro Tip: Put your UV lights on a separate KASA Wifi power strip outlet. you can set the timers that way. Meross and SmartLife smart outlets can also have timers for X-min every Y-hrs. Perfect for UV-B

UV for the trichomes. FR/IR for the bud density growth.
We are working with the MH uv45 bars which although they have separate switches they are after the ballast so no easy way to time them separately. These bars use uva which gets the same results as uvb without the worry of damage to the plant.
So we ended up just running the uvb and ir together especially in flower and for extended periods of time...I use mine at 1 hr on 2 hrs off throughout the grow.
Mars has new bars that separate uva, ir, and far red for more control...and of course more sales lol
Yours sounds like a great timer for uvb though.

synapse57

We are working with the MH uv45 bars which although they have separate switches they are after the ballast so no easy way to time them separately. These bars use uva which gets the same results as uvb without the worry of damage to the plant.
So we ended up just running the uvb and ir together especially in flower and for extended periods of time...I use mine at 1 hr on 2 hrs off throughout the grow.
Mars has new bars that separate uva, ir, and far red for more control...and of course more sales lol
Yours sounds like a great timer for uvb though.
The proof's in the jars.. i mean.. like.. those buds get stuck to the sides of the jars. super sticky. Yeah. T5 UV-B lights are the best bang-for-buck of the lights. UVA LED's add great purple & white colors. Those FR/IR 12"x12" light panels add so much bud weight. its incredible. like. the plant that was half in that light and half not in that light. 2x-3x larger nugs.

and mandatory polarized sunglasses in the grow room.