What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars hydro ts1000 test

Kree73

I will Get some pics as soon as I get there to check on them , should be in the next day or two. Getting harder to get out during this lockdown :tiphat:

mr.brunch how would you compare . Mars hydro led to the XB and over the SoN .
Or more so how do the LED units compare over the sodium . I have found the Led units do a good job but the plants prefer the sodium . I am sure they will grow under any lighting however the Sodium seems to be the most consistent . What do you think ?

Kree73 out

mr.brunch

Veteran
Or more so how do the LED units compare over the sodium . I have found the Led units do a good job but the plants prefer the sodium . I am sure they will grow under any lighting however the Sodium seems to be the most consistent . What do you think ?

Kree73 out

I can only speak from experience so far, but I ran the ts-1000 next to a 400w son and the ts beat it hands down. 187g from the ts, And just over 100 from the son, ... only a 150w light too.
I do love a 600w son , but I’d think if you matched the wattage with mars hydro led, you’d easily beat it.
Especially if you trained an even canopy.
Also the heat is spread out more evenly, so less chances of hotspots. :tiphat:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor

Kree73 out

SP light could work better than TS lights. Also there will be some new lights FC models, which is suitable for commercial growers.

Check more details here: https://bit.ly/30DesD0

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
That fc-4800 looks the mutts.
If you would like a nice shiny grow thread featuring That baby , I’d be more than obliged :biggrin:
:tiphat:

Yes, i suppose it will be the best seller among the three.
We didn't have a plan for review yet. Only canada have some stock now. I will see if there is a chance for this when we have enough stocks.

Kree73

I can only speak from experience so far, but I ran the ts-1000 next to a 400w son and the ts beat it hands down. 187g from the ts, And just over 100 from the son, ... only a 150w light too.
I do love a 600w son , but I’d think if you matched the wattage with mars hydro led, you’d easily beat it.
Especially if you trained an even canopy.
Also the heat is spread out more evenly, so less chances of hotspots. :tiphat:

less hotspots is always a good thing . So I have a cheap of of ebay with lots of pinholes in tent . It is 1.2x1.2x2m with an xb200 and a 400w sodium . They are units that require differing heights and raising and lowering is not only awkward but noisy ( they tend to bang into each other swinging around) . 1 side of the tent is hotter than the other but the light in the tent is also split ( distributed unevenly ) .

What I need is one or the other ... Led or sodium .
Do you think a TS model would be the way to go for me in the tent and use the xb for a nursery and get rid of the sodium completely ?

kree73 out

Kree73

The height of that tent is 140cm. :D

Thank you for that info Mars Hydro . :tiphat:

My current tent is 150 x 150 x 200 cm . It is just a little too big as it occupies more space than wanted . It came with lots of pin prick size holes and if you look closely you can see through the corners from . It was of ebay . What size light would you suggest for ( 4.5 m3) 1.5x1.5x2m ?

Kree73 out

mr.brunch

Veteran
I’d split 50cm off one side for a little veg area (ts1000) and the rest for flower (tsw2000)
Maybe.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Thank you for that info Mars Hydro . :tiphat:

My current tent is 150 x 150 x 200 cm . It is just a little too big as it occupies more space than wanted . It came with lots of pin prick size holes and if you look closely you can see through the corners from . It was of ebay . What size light would you suggest for ( 4.5 m3) 1.5x1.5x2m ?

Kree73 out

If you want to cover 1.5x1.5m perfectly, Two SP3000 or TSL2000 are enough.
Like Mr, brunch said, if the usefull space is smaller than that, TS1000 or TSW2000 is more suitable. :friends:

Kree73

I’d split 50cm off one side for a little veg area (ts1000) and the rest for flower (tsw2000)
Maybe.

Sounds good . However I am not that rich mate .
I was thinking of getting a new tent . Anyway it will prove quite tricky to accommodate a screen without getting either a specially sourced screen or finding a supplier who has already come up with the changes to the framework to accommodate a screen . I am sure a split tent has already been created .

Kree73 out:headbange

Kree73

If you want to cover 1.5x1.5m perfectly, Two SP3000 or TSL2000 are enough.
Like Mr, brunch said, if the usefull space is smaller than that, TS1000 or TSW2000 is more suitable. :friends:

Thanks Mars Hydro for info... Unfortunately I cannot afford that much as I am poor .
Ideally I feel at this point I should invest in a 'grow tent kit' , this would give me a smaller space freeing up some room . It would also proved me with all the other bits I do not have like the filter , fan & controller etc.
I am looking for about 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.6 ish if you have anything in that range as a kit .

Kind regards

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Sounds good . However I am not that rich mate .
I was thinking of getting a new tent . Anyway it will prove quite tricky to accommodate a screen without getting either a specially sourced screen or finding a supplier who has already come up with the changes to the framework to accommodate a screen . I am sure a split tent has already been created .

For budget, you can’t really beat a magnetic 600W son ballast- you can pick them up on amazon brand new for about 30 quid
Not led, or mars of course (sorry mars) but it would cover your space and set you back a lot less £

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Thanks Mars Hydro for info... Unfortunately I cannot afford that much as I am poor .
Ideally I feel at this point I should invest in a 'grow tent kit' , this would give me a smaller space freeing up some room . It would also proved me with all the other bits I do not have like the filter , fan & controller etc.
I am looking for about 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.6 ish if you have anything in that range as a kit .

Kind regards

Yes, it is 120x120x200cm tent and TSW2000 with other kits.
you can find it through this link: https://bit.ly/30DesD0
Coupon code"ICMAG" can help you save some money there.