What's new

Mars Hydro LED

Bmac1

Veteran
Those FC series are the type of lights I am looking at right now and they look nice but $1400 CDN on a light for the old 5x5 is not in the cards unfortunately.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Those FC series are the type of lights I am looking at right now and they look nice but $1400 CDN on a light for the old 5x5 is not in the cards unfortunately.

Right that tags pretty steep, especially when u can get the growers choice 680w for like 9 sumthin.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Right that tags pretty steep, especially when u can get the growers choice 680w for like 9 sumthin.

if you only look at it from the viewpoint of cost per watt the prices are more or less in line

and if you just compare price at wattage they are about the same...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very true...

in this case my experience with the mars lights would have me favor them for the broader range of chips/spectrums over the growers choice...that said the spectrum charts are fairly similar...

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I jus looked again, Bmac1 where u get the 1400 number? Most expensive one i seen was 950 for the 650w. Growers choice is 921 for 680w. So growers choice is cheaper but with more watts, not by as much as I thought tho.

Bmac1

Veteran
I jus looked again, Bmac1 where u get the 1400 number? Most expensive one i seen was 950 for the 650w. Growers choice is 921 for 680w. So growers choice is cheaper but with more watts, not by as much as I thought tho.

That was CDN. With shipping it was like 1360 or thereabouts.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor

FC6500 is super big when you unfold the light. For 5x5, FC4800 can take care of it.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor

Seems it is 999USD for growers choice.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
The new giveaway might begin tomorrow. Are you guys excited? :D

Attachments

• Mars (3).jpg
    Mars (3).jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 18

Bmac1

Veteran
FC6500 is super big when you unfold the light. For 5x5, FC4800 can take care of it.

I am no more inclined to spend $1000 on 480w than I am $1400 on 650w unfortunately.

I mean obviously the (Mars) lights have improved and have come a long way and there are happy growers here using your products. Price points are just a bit high for what they are and what else is available with a little looking.

That is just my opinion as someone currently in the market for LED lighting and trying to get the most value for my money.

Latest posts

Latest posts