What's new

Mars Hydro LED

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Good news for EU countries' grower. The FC/FCE-8000 are available in germany warehouse.

If you want to get best flower light for your 5x5ft grow tent, check FC/FCE-8000.

FC8000: https://www.mars-hydro.com/fc-8000-led-grow-lights

FC8000.jpg

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Back to old school TS series lights. There will be an upgradation for this light soon. Guess what kind of upgradation it will be. :chin::chin: Welcome to share your idea.

TSW2000.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
A good 20%+ red would help for sure, but best way to design it would be to use a par meter and try to match the spread of the lumens over the spectrum as close as possible to what photosyntesys use.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
A hole in the middle to remove peak concentrations in the middle and allow for some cooling.

NIKT

That will be one of the upgradations but not the biggest one :biggrin:. May i know your idea of how many pcs 660nm chips needing to be added for TSW2000?

not to me, but why not ... show an idea. realized by someone. The old one, moreover, from a completely different time. A simple performance analysis of the available components.

Leds are much more efficient than they used to be, but some rules have not changed. Still the most efficient in terms of energy conversion into photons are the same systems as before.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41438-020-0283-7

9c0_87_4u_48.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	9c0_87_4u_48.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.0 KB ID:	17990918

;)

Return to the times of color panels. Simple circuit with 2 types of LEDs. 6500K with 660nm high efficiency LEDs pulling efficiency per panel flux up. Something like this. chilled =>

https://forum.haszysz.com/threads/pr...3-330w.126051/

9c0_87_4u_48.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	9c0_87_4u_48.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.0 KB ID:	17990918

The light is still practically white for human eyesight. Near the white line. it is easy to observe plants and assess their condition, which is impossible in the case of panels composed only of the two most efficient types of colored LEDs.

for plants, the most important thing is simply the flux value because the photon efficiency in driving photosynthesis in the range of 400-700 nm is rather close. HPS, for example, is almost devoid of photons that could be called red. The panels of the TS series somehow have not an outstanding emission in red also with CRI of about 70 to that, and the plants have it roughly "somewhere". This species, at least.

Penetration of a very rich red light is slightly different. The gradient of the photons across the leaf thickness will be different. Less light will reach deeper chloroplasts, which in the case of using high light fluxes may have some influence on the comparison of the effectiveness of such a spectrum with the same photon flux values. It is not very clear how much of an impact this has. Greenery at high streams gives a lot because it rushes photosynthesis deeper in the lower chloroplasts, thanks to the lower absorption by photosynthetic pigments. It's just that if you want to achieve panel efficiency above 3, there is no other way. About 3.5 is possible on really good LEDs with a very efficient power supply.

With the photon flux values ​​up to 500 µmol / m2 / s, a rather different light penetration is not of great importance, but at very high values ​​intended for rooms with CO2 supplementation, it may change the efficiency of the spectrum.

==>

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19246458/
Abstract

The literature and our present examinations indicate that the intra-leaf light absorption profile is in most cases steeper than the photosynthetic capacity profile. In strong white light, therefore, the quantum yield of photosynthesis would be lower in the upper chloroplasts, located near the illuminated surface, than that in the lower chloroplasts. Because green light can penetrate further into the leaf than red or blue light, in strong white light, any additional green light absorbed by the lower chloroplasts would increase leaf photosynthesis to a greater extent than would additional red or blue light. Based on the assessment of effects of the additional monochromatic light on leaf photosynthesis, we developed the differential quantum yield method that quantifies efficiency of any monochromatic light in white light. Application of this method to sunflower leaves clearly showed that, in moderate to strong white light, green light drove photosynthesis more effectively than red light. The green leaf should have a considerable volume of chloroplasts to accommodate the inefficient carboxylation enzyme, Rubisco, and deliver appropriate light to all the chloroplasts. By using chlorophylls that absorb green light weakly, modifying mesophyll structure and adjusting the Rubisco/chlorophyll ratio, the leaf appears to satisfy two somewhat conflicting requirements: to increase the absorptance of photosynthetically active radiation, and to drive photosynthesis efficiently in all the chloroplasts. We also discuss some serious problems that are caused by neglecting these intra-leaf profiles when estimating whole leaf electron transport rates and assessing photoinhibition by fluorescence techniques.
I am puzzled by the custom of adding 660 LEDs in the same amount as in some TS series panels. Because in this number of LEDs with completely unknown parameters, it smells like marketing, where you write what individual LEDs do, and when you look at the resulting spd, it is basically something around 4000 K and CRI 70+ .. with a decorative drop of 660 nm ..not important at all from the point of view of plant growth : in addition, the uniformity of distribution of such an additive from several LEDs is none. 100% marketing;)

ts600 SPD from _ MS data ;=> 3700 K 74 CRI _
CRI above 70 slightly, the addition of even such a small amount of 660 nm pulls it up.

ts600.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	ts600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.8 KB ID:	17990923

;) pulled up to 80_ for fun. increased addition 660 nm [middle wavelength 655]

more.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	more.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.8 KB ID:	17990926

Penetration appeared in another thread. Is this penetration all about?
A thread about supplementary lighting for a greenhouse. With long pointless trolling.
Because there can be no other thing there too much. The panels are roughly white without much red LEDs.
A lot of light less absorbed by chlorophyll penetrating deeper, giving a more even photosynthesis gradient over the leaf thickness.

In the case of light that is intended mainly as a supplement to the naturally available, assuming not high flux values ​​on the surface, only when increasing the DLI value in a greenhouse, a more colorful spectrum with a very high proportion of red from high-performance monochrome diodes seems to be a good idea. Are the real differences obtained when cultivated only under artificial light are worth giving up some of the efficiency of the conversion of current into panel photons? I don't know: The data would show that up to a value of 500 µmol / m2 / s for plants it does not make much difference. "Probably" the curve of increasing the speed of photosynthesis for a single leaf for a more strongly absorbed spd will fold faster and the linear growth will end sooner, as well as the maximum achievable at high values ​​with CO2 supplementation. Such small things resulting from the characteristics of the spectrum and the adaptation of plants to the use of the natural solar spectrum. Whether it will be better for an increase in efficiency or a slightly better penetration, I have no idea. I'd love to see some scientific research done with bang on a larger scale. Without it, it's just such a superficial assessment of the available data.

Now, a lot has appeared about the IR .. Changes, changes, changes. In a few years, sources not intended for plants will reach the efficiency similar to the 3030 diodes, it will happen. Costs should go down. But the efficiency of the sources itself will not increase much, the prices will drop, so you can expect panels with more LEDs at low currents in order to achieve higher efficiency. Anyway, they are already ... also with MH. How is this series of cheap leds in a huge amount called .. ??

A hole in the middle to remove peak concentrations in the middle and allow for some cooling.

....👍

and biger size for beter distribution of light and lower distans from panel. reduction of light losses on walls.
Question _ is spd valid ?? CRI 70 correlated spectral temperature similar to ts600. There is not even a trace of IR on the bottom, probably single LEDs in too few numbers to be visible at all. Light emission characteristics like HID luminaires. + a marketing description of what the LEDs do. Maybe someone who knows nothing and nothing about it is happy about it. The only reason for doing such a mix could be the availability of diodes or simply a slightly higher efficiency of the circuit giving a similar resultant spd.

Computationally, maybe 5% of the gain after data sheet data for some types of LEDs, maybe ?? As long as we take the differences in the reported performance seriously.

spd-mars.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	spd-mars.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.2 KB ID:	17990958

The next part of advertising data. Distributes the light at a distance of 18 inches. ~ 45 cm. Bragging about the hotspot in the middle - completely unnecessary - more of a problem than a cause for pride. And the light distribution is uneven as hell. On a similar class of leds, _ similar efficiency _, it is easy to obtain a flat one, practically _ with a distance from the panel of max. 20_25 cm. with emission value losses at shorter distances much smaller. This in combination with an almost even distribution ... I understand that the production costs are at stake here, but leaving the same sources and the same power supply and simply changing the size of the panel and their distribution could be quite a lot. The suggestion above to make a hole in it is ok;) + increase the size. The hot spot from the inside will disappear _ the larger size will improve the cooling of the LEDs and will allow you to reduce the distance. From the user's point of view, nothing but profit in a grow tent. The possibility of growing taller plants, for example, without forced that big distance to the plants.

It's like that from a troll's point of view. I believe that the construction of the panel wastes ""some"" of the potential of the diodes used.

dystrybucja.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	dystrybucja.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.9 KB ID:	17990968

size 54x50 cm _ since this is a dedicated light for about 1 m2: ... 80x80 or 83x83 ?? with a slightly uneven distribution of the diodes as in the case of a slightly different product .... ?? a hole in the middle would be a really lovely and valuable addition to the total.

Light distribution : from data :

Flattened center with no max value entered, you would have to interpolate the data. It doesn't matter, and you can see that it's uneven as hell.
the first visual was... with mistake ;]

light.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	light.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.8 KB ID:	17990997

Jedna stopa (ang. foot) to długość 30,48 centymetrów, 0,3048 metrów oraz 304,8 milimetrów. ~3x3 ?? => 91,44x91,44 cm ?

9c0_87_4u_48_23.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	9c0_87_4u_48_23.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.1 KB ID:	17991014

1,6 ??!!! umol/J

calculated according to the method _ from the page: some error in the numbers I do not want to check. about 1.9 can be drained from the A++ class sources e27 to the chandelier working about 25 cm from the plants in such a room with high reflecting walls. This data is from a offcial MH source. Somewhere I made mistakes while recounting or rewriting ?? someone should check.

https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/

I have no measuring power, 300 W is simply used.

efficiency declaration ?? 2.3 probably usually is for the TS series :

~ 30% of the reflection loss from the walls upwards in the measuring room? Tent wall covering? Photos from the measurement ?? A rather good PAR meter is shown.

Attachments

• panel_marsa.jpg
    panel_marsa.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

NIKT

I am sorry, I am slightly surprised, I did not take into account the fact that it is not 1 m2 but less. So this is how it would turn out: I got so little that I wonder where the mistake is. I compared with the results on cococannabis counted the same way. now I got 1.34;] Awfully low value. Could someone tell me what is wrong with these numbers? lamp power ??

blendy.jpg

after the measurement figures, when eliminating the error of not taking into account the area that is less than 1 square meter, I get such a result. Strange shouldn't come out smaller than that of the little brother with certainty.

old one ??

https://www.mars-hydro.com/led-grow-...led-grow-light

=>

The new version is on other LEDs? The SPD now looks like a diode with a CRI 80+, not as before. Samsung ?? ;]

if I assume that the box is 3x3 feet as in the description it still turns out weird: about 1.5 umol. Does this description mean an approximation of 1 m to an accuracy of .. ??

with this assumption, 1x1 m I have 1.75 of these numbers.

sprawnosc.jpg

here, the IR is already visible, although there is not much _ and the photo shows uneven distribution of the diodes. Trying to avoid hot spot in the middle. light distribution is more even, but not a lot. Previously, there was no this uneven led distribution or was it ?? ;]

new-spd.jpg

~ more or less a 8,6 % increase in efficiency compared to the previous "report" and a slightly better distribution. ???

And the IR visible this time on the given SPD, previously a completely flat line in fact.
data=>
2.6μmol/j
716umol/S
Epistar

not samsung , the CRI has changed ?
efficiency increase by more diodes mainly ??

power => 300W±5%@AC120-277V

I hope the seller will solve all my doubts: I only rely on what i can gets from pictures. 3 feet is not 1 m for me: the metric system, inches, feet or elbows in Europe seems to be not very well known.

Whatever _ efficiency increase not very ambitious according to the measurement provided in the pictures. No independent measurments such as cocoforcannabis . Maybe on yotube ?? I don't want to look for it. Rather, I'm waiting for an answer from: the right person: why is the number so weak here ?? Wall coverage in the room? / A mistake in the estimated fun calculations ??

Is there a full urbricht sphere report available. ? Or from a goniometer ?? with the spatial distribution of the stream ?? Something that is kind of a standard for light sources usually. I have some colorful pictures here. Nothing more.

Pure curiosity of a hobbyist interested in lights. With complete photometric data, a lot can be done. for example the simulation of the distribution of the flux value in small and large rooms with a different influence of the walls. With a slightly more professional approach, it seems to be the basic parameter of the lighting fixture: whether for plants or not.

Attachments

• nowy.jpg
    nowy.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
A good 20%+ red would help for sure, but best way to design it would be to use a par meter and try to match the spread of the lumens over the spectrum as close as possible to what photosyntesys use.

that is a nice suggestion. i will transfer it to our engineer.

NIKT

Good idea! we also recognized this. so we mounted more chips to the sides on our FC/FCE series. :biggrin:

Any reaction to the questions asked ??

What's wrong with the numbers in the advertising pictures ?

Do I write so badly in an unfamiliar language that I am completely ignored because of it. Strange. Questions and I am a bit surprised by the results of simple estimates. Just that and nothing more.

The old TS series were popular on my favorite forum. There are a lot of reports on the crops beneath them. Thanks to this, I know, for example, that hemp grows similarly under LEDs with a CRI 70, CRI80 and CRI 90.

FC ?? Nice piece of engineering. How to do something small to make the distribution as good as possible. The sizes are such as to minimize the production costs ?? What software do you use to model the light distribution. ordinary curiosity. Joke, such an answer is unlikely to be received.

Good idea! we also recognized this. so we mounted more chips to the sides on our FC/FCE series. :biggrin:

We ?? ;)

What, Sir, do you mean by "we"? corporate collective ?? Lighting design engineers. ?? Usually, what the final product looks like does not necessarily depend on them. I'm right ?? Are you a product manager ?? Does the account belong to the team and as needed ??

I understand that in a corporate advertising thread there is little point in fooling around because I will simply be ignored. Better than a ban anyway. Give photos and show us how great he grows and how perfect we are. One of many companies _ competitive prices _ the rest more or less similar: Nothing new can be discovered here. ;)

Greetings from a troll from another planet.

Last edited:

NIKT

from me too.

I understand that the data on the photo-stationary phase of the photochrome under a given spectrum will also not be under the descriptions of the panels? The addition of IR changes that, but when there are more than 660 nm in the spectrum, the final effect is kind of small. Or it doesn't change anything compared to the lack of both. Am I right or not ?? I really want to be sure of what the reality is in this case. Having SPD I can count, even a ready tool from knna is somewhere on "ic" probably still.

New method of counting photons now from 400 to 750, new data .. New info. It is a pity that the applicable corporate policy is this and not different. But this applies to all, not only MH. It has not changed from the very beginning as only LEDs started to replace HID lamps. Back then, people were told that HPS light was mostly rubbish. Then, when the efficiency of the led increased, it was said that white was better than monochrome. At present, the advertising of the 660 nm rich spectrum can be expected to return, and the umol / J efficiencies cannot be increased without it. More diodes on lower currents, maybe slightly newer types. But the efficiency of the blue pumps themselves has reached the limit that is difficult to break, as well as the red light LEDs of 660 nm. They can be run on lower and lower currents in greater numbers and little more. A bit of optimization of the source production technology. But with the current efficiency ... a lot to gain from the emitters themselves is probably not left. Such funny spam _ in a thread _ in Creole English.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Since the ts is 2 boards togheter i guess like someone said it, a separation between them.

i dont see you guys changing the chips to samsung since these lines are for "amateurs", bridgelux is cheap but i think mars would get trouble to sell them in europe since i guess bridgelux doesnt export?(not sure on this but i remember reading it) and samsung or meanwell drivers i guess would push the price up

Also i know is not what is going to happen but i dont know why the light companies dont use 4k spectrum and complete it with red and blue diodes..
Lot of people think that the green light is useless but is not.
Both green and red are the ones that goes deeper in the leaf, also the plants dont push themselfs so hard since the blue and the red is a bit lower.

For example i growed with sils, and i choose the philips ones because i can see the spectrum chart, and the difference on the reds and blues of the 4k ones compared to the 65k or 27k were a bit lower, but just a bit, on the other hand the green was low on 65k and 27k
the thing is i used 6 sils, 3 4k and 3 27k all at the same distance, and the tops directly under the 4k showed less deficiencys than the ones unde the 27k, both growed similar in everyfashion, but while i couldnt push the girls more with 27k i could do it with 4k, more wattage, but also more light without so much defficiencys.

Why not a 4k base light, with added reds and blue s to complete it

I bet the changes would be a new slimmer lighter design with a bit of better spread

Peace :tiphat:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Because of shipping costs, a panel that is less diode dense is more expensive. A total remake of the cheaper models to save on shipping like the more expensive fc/fce models would probably be too expensive. So maybe that is why they are looking at getting better efficiency from same design. I am sure new models and especially big ones are now designed from the get go with shipping cost efficiency in mind , not just for overall light efficiency.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
IMG_20211117_133225305.jpg
IMG_20211117_133218349.jpg
IMG_20211117_133234292.jpg
IMG_20211117_133258299.jpg
IMG_20211117_133240981.jpg
Latest blooming plants under my first fc3000.
​​​​​​​Dreamin Dubble on left side and her momma Blue Dream on the right

NIKT

Both green and red are the ones that goes deeper in the leaf, also the plants dont push themselfs so hard since the blue and the red is a bit lower.

Only green, in a broad sense. Anything close to the maximum for absorption by the main photosynthetic pigments does not penetrate as well. Scientific data above, old nothing new. In studies under controlled conditions, which are usually carried out down to a flux value of about 500 mu / m2 / s, usually no large differences are noticed between growth under the spectrum with and without green. This changes at high values. What is described in the above article. Plants are simply adapted to use sunlight, so the pigments are not black and have a green window.

If we consider the infrared as red then we can talk about penetration, it penetrates the leaves very well. The red to infrared ratio is used by plants to detect whether or not they are in the shade of other plants. Now PAR is to be counted up to 750 new studies _ the addition of photons in the 700_750 range is expected to further drive photosynthesis. There is even a meter that has the appropriate spectral characteristics to measure this. Appoge

Sampas92 you grew with sils.
DIY panels with e27 led. Yes ... very cool and cheap, with the current generation of the best sources it may even exceed 2.1 umol / J. Modifications _ modifications. Fun for people who like it or want to do something really cheap. Unfortunately, with 3030 diodes on smd2835 it is impossible to win by efficiency. Uniformity of lighting yes. With panels on similar LEDs with declarations of about 2.0 also .. But 2.7 umol / j on something like that are wet dreams. Maybe in 2-3 years? Or 5?

Your yield record per watt.? Typically, on a 13W A + Philips, people have around 1g / w in very small spaces. 1.3 also a record of forum 1.4 almost with af, a very high flux of photons to the surface. 2700K sources, standard CCT for home lighting. Vegetative growth at 6500 K.
if I remember correctly. 130W Philips E27 on an area of ​​0.25 m2. Estimated flux ~ ​​800 µmol / m2 / s.
Fortune telling more I call it fortune telling from the moats or the glass ball, really the hell knows. There were no measurements.

Rumcajz grow, his own feminized hybrid.
not very dense flowers, so the nature of the hybrid rather than anything else.

link: https://forum.haszysz.com/threads/0-...poison.125905/

normal_IMG_20210219_171802.jpg
IMG_20210224_130619.md.jpg
normal_IMG_20210202_084718_1.jpg

Why not a 4k base light, with added reds and blue s to complete it

Marketing, looks better in advertising? I don't think there is any other reason for that. Sometimes, when you estimate something for the diodes, there is a few lm /w of gain. According to the data sheet.

If you take data for LEDs, for example, such =>

cyferki_lol.jpg

;)one might suppose that the system with mixing two kinds of white is slightly more efficient.In the case of this picture, if the mix of 3000 and 5000 was aimed not at 3500 and at 4000K, it would not be better As long as this data is taken as something certain.

Phosphor composition in the diodes is similar, whether the final cct of the system will result from mixing or from one group of diodes should turn out to be more or less one.

Other reasons for mixing two types of LEDs in order to obtain a result of about 3500_3700K: after adding the minimum amounts of 660 nm, often small enough that it is nothing else than marketing, at least I can not find. Thanks to this, you can write some round texts on the advertisement. about what the different types of white are supposed to do.

In the case of the old TS series, 2 types of LEDs with low CRI were mixed. As a rule, diodes with low cri, with similar series quality, perform better photometrically, but in turn, the photon flux from each lm. is lower, in the end it is most likely just zero, cost saving _ low CRI probably slightly lower purchase price. It doesn't really make a big difference to plants, the emission above 700 nm for diodes with higher CRI is slightly higher, that's the difference. A slightly smaller proportion of red, the plants do not differ much from this and the street 4000K 80 cri.

They rather know what they are doing. Most of the panels on the market are spectrally close. Such the most popular spectrum. The old TS series had less addition of 660 nm than the average, especially some of them because they were not completely identical. Often when one looks at such panels, it can be seen that the minimum addition of 660 nm is distributed so that the real distribution of this additive is non-uniform. Maybe in ubbricht's ball, but not in the growing room. This is not only the case with these panels, that is often the case.

There are other companies that use LEDs with low CRI, I will not show in the MH thread. An English panel, a mix of low CRI diodes dedicated to road lighting and 660 nm. Rather, with a more even distribution of the additive.
How English is this panel better not to penetrate, probably the elements are produced in the same place as everything else.

I am sure new models and especially big ones are now designed from the get go with shipping cost efficiency in mind , not just for overall light efficiency.

Maybe shipping costs maybe production costs. Or both. They know what they are doing and why. Series dedicated to specific applications, on various LEDs.
price and quality groups. Corporation with back office.

https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/grow...r-test-review/

Uneven distribution of the LEDs: small: with a very nice grid distribution.

Mars-Hydro-FCE4800-LED-Grow-Light.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Mars-Hydro-FCE4800-LED-Grow-Light.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.8 KB ID:	17992756

864*852*79MM ;]

that's the most interesting thing about it. Diodes 660 still spread out so that it goes rather not very evenly. The attached SPD does not show the addition of diodes that also have? to be in it. at least 410 nm.

LEDS QUANTITY 2646 With: measuring power: 471 W _ assuming a power supply efficiency of about 0.93. 438 W on the diodes only: 0.1655 W diode Very low set. Efficiency extended by the number of LEDs. A very nice concept, especially this diode layout.

Mars-Hydro-FCE4800-Official-PAR-Map.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Mars-Hydro-FCE4800-Official-PAR-Map.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.8 KB ID:	17992788

It looks very cool here. With such dimensions of the panel in a short distance it is rather even.
Slightly lower than on the advertisement from 30 cm.

I don't know about the others, but I like this design. Possibility to change the spacing .. and uneven distribution of LEDs to improve light distribution. There is nothing to complain about advertising add-ons and mixes, Standard on the market, everyone does it.

Nothing but to copy the idea of ​​uneven distribution of diodes, with longer heat sinks and more of them. damn, I don't think I will solder such an amount of LEDs [joke]

mars-hydro-fce.jpg

It is interesting CCT, more or less the same came out. CRI, very high photos will come out nicer. The efficiency is completely different from the old TS series. All in all, a nice inexpensive panel.

Now the addition of 660 nm is much larger and the IR can be seen on the spd. It resembles a farmer spider or others, most of the panels have similar such SPD .. rather ??

Back to these questions to mars hydro. Where am I making a mistake ?? I didn't check anything, I just rewritten the numbers from the marketing data. I am killing time playing with numbers, it came out what came out.

94 CRI. It is white, basically not far from the white line. But this is from the ulbricht integrating ball ... across the plane in the room at the distances 30-40 cm, it will not mix as evenly , just a digression that does not matter.

odrobine-poza-linia-bieli.jpg

best wishes for the day, today is some day in the calendar I forgot to whom it is dedicated.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts