What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Giveaway Mars Hydro 420 giveaway

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Congrats loudog, any chance of putting pics on icmag? Yours look clear but its a pain to keep clicking off site to see them. A side by side would be cool to watch.

LouDog420

Congrats loudog, any chance of putting pics on icmag? Yours look clear but its a pain to keep clicking off site to see them. A side by side would be cool to watch.

Hey bud, unfortunately ICMAG scales pics way down with a max of 1024 x 1024 pixels or a max size of 118kb. That means drastically lower quality pics.

My pics are usually 6000 x 6000 pixels before cropping, and depending on the method (focus stack) can be upwards of 10+mb.

We need to get on Skip to up the pic limits and make it something that is actually usable in 2020. Those limits have been the same since they introduced the 5 pic upload limit years and years ago (maybe 10+ years now??).

I'd like to host here at IC, but can't until they fix that ^^^

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah I understand your reasoning. I sometimes cry at the way my pics get murdered here. You are one of the few I'll click the odd link from, but its gonna cost you on viewing counts.

LouDog420

Do the pictures not show for you without clicking?

At least on my end, I can view the pics, but if you want the full resolution you have to click. Generally my screen is big enough I don't click and enlarge or view via flickr. And even before clicking any full resolution photo, the images on screen are 10x better than an ICMAG hosted equivalent.

Here's what I see, if everyone doesn't see the same, then I may need to reassess. (this one was uploaded to IC so you shouldn't have to click below, took a good 5 minutes for the single pic to upload and that's just a screenshot, not a high res photo)

picture.php

Edit: lol at the post pic above, the IC hosted pics are worse than I remember!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Well I'm using phone data for everything. So I try to limit what gets used. I've got my settings on no signatures, no user avatars, and don't auto download pics. I also have 20 posts per page. If I try reading the last post in a thread, I have to download a lot of stuff from the first 19 posts on that page too otherwise.
So I still have to click links to ic photos. Just takes less than also opening up a whole new site each time.

LouDog420

I see, that makes sense ^^. Most should be able to view the pics without downloading anything with normal IC settings.

Here's a side by side of the dry nug. The first is IC hosted, the second is flickr hosted.

Ultimately, this will be the equivalent of a test grow, so it's for the people that are potentially interested in LED and Mars Hydro. If the people and Mars decide they prefer one method to the other, I'll oblige.

picture.php

36652287660_6e9d9a07c0_k.jpg

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Thanks for the kind words all, looking forward to sharing side by side reports showing Mars Hydro's gear. Now the question is what strains are we running for the side by side ;)

Stay tuned and we'll start a new thread when the fun starts.

Thanks!

That's very nice of you. :huggg:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I see, that makes sense ^^. Most should be able to view the pics without downloading anything with normal IC settings.

Here's a side by side of the dry nug. The first is IC hosted, the second is flickr hosted.

Ultimately, this will be the equivalent of a test grow, so it's for the people that are potentially interested in LED and Mars Hydro. If the people and Mars decide they prefer one method to the other, I'll oblige.

View Image
View Image

These pictures look better. :biggrin:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Lol, you can buy the items you want from our website. :biggrin:

Thank you for stating the obvious!

That was a really nice promotion. I'm glad to see companies working with the talented growers here on icmag. It is a win win for both parties!

Looking forward to the side by side!

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Thank you for stating the obvious!

That was a really nice promotion. I'm glad to see companies working with the talented growers here on icmag. It is a win win for both parties!

Looking forward to the side by side!

Yes, that sounds very interesting. :biggrin:

LouDog420

Thanks Mars, items arrived safely today, quick shipping! Very grateful for your generosity.

For those interested, the giveaway prize included a 2'x2' Mars Hydro Tent and SP-150 LED light. A 2' x 2' makes a side by side a little difficult, but may make a good pollination tent in the future. But still wanting to run a side by side, I came up with a solution... A SP-150 will flower a 1.5' x 3' space (according to MH specs)

I borrowed an associate a larger light that I had in storage and he is lending one of his SP-150s he just recently purchased so I can move forward with a test. I have a two 3' x 3' tents and an extra 600w HPS. Obviously not apples to apples here for a comparison (at twice the wattage), but we can run grams per watt to get an efficiency metric and certainly compare final product.

Give me a month to get everything in sync and some clones prepped and we'll run a side by side... 600w (maybe dimmed down at 75% or I'll pick up a 400w ballast) vs two SP-150s, both in 3' x 3' spaces. Same cuts, same feed, same everything. Should be interesting, at least for my own personal curiosity and any others that want to tag along. I'll post in here once I move forward with the thread.

Good vibes all!

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Thanks Mars, items arrived safely today, quick shipping! Very grateful for your generosity.

For those interested, the giveaway prize included a 2'x2' Mars Hydro Tent and SP-150 LED light. A 2' x 2' makes a side by side a little difficult, but may make a good pollination tent in the future. But still wanting to run a side by side, I came up with a solution... A SP-150 will flower a 1.5' x 3' space (according to MH specs)

I borrowed an associate a larger light that I had in storage and he is lending one of his SP-150s he just recently purchased so I can move forward with a test. I have a two 3' x 3' tents and an extra 600w HPS. Obviously not apples to apples here for a comparison (at twice the wattage), but we can run grams per watt to get an efficiency metric and certainly compare final product.

Give me a month to get everything in sync and some clones prepped and we'll run a side by side... 600w (maybe dimmed down at 75% or I'll pick up a 400w ballast) vs two SP-150s, both in 3' x 3' spaces. Same cuts, same feed, same everything. Should be interesting, at least for my own personal curiosity and any others that want to tag along. I'll post in here once I move forward with the thread.

Good vibes all!

it sounds a great plan. Maybe a completed grow journal this time is better. The comparison seems not fair this time.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Nice plan, but, we know that would veg nicely, I think most curiosity would be if it can flower.
Think I'd set the 2x2 up and stick a single clone in there, multi topped. See how the light performs with flowering. Its only 1 plant then if its really a vegging light.