What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Mars FCE-6500 680w LED Grow Journal

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mars FCE-6500 680w version. They sent this model instead, As soon as it arrives I'll get it set up and start documenting.. This will definitely require some rearranging of my veg space.. I currently Have 2 8x4, 1 4x2, and 1 5x5 tent in this space. I will have to decommission the 4x2 and my old 5x5. I will also need to relocate the 2 55g drums and medium bin to make the space needed for the Mars 5x5 tent. I need to do a deep clean out there anyway so this will be a great time to do it. My old darkroom 5x5 has served me well for 11 years. It's seen better days. Poles are all rusted, it's got plenty of holes in it lol. I used it for males and rev females and overflow flowering. It's just time to let it go. I will start moving things around tomorrow. I will post here on the progress.

I also have a Mars 5x5 tent.

Peace
HHG

Last edited:

onavelzy

Veteran
I've been looking at some Youtube comparisons on LED's to try to get up to speed. The FC-E6500 has gotten good ratings and the performance/price really can't be beat. I'm curious how the BridgeLux chips hold up. The tent seems to be sturdy. Will be very interested in your take on both.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, I appreciate the support. Its gonna take prob a few days to get the room cleaned out and rearranged.. There is a large workbench in there as well. I hope I won't need to move it, but it can be done. It's not in the best spot to max my grow space.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took all the miscellanies crap out and removed my 4x2 tent.. My old 5x5 has males in it so it will stay until those are done. I got my Tracking info so it will be here soon.

Mars Hydro Led, here is my thread..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Today im gonna have to try and move my workbench to see if the 8x4 can be relocated. If not I'll have to use it with the FCE-6500 for now until I can figure out where I can fit the 5x5. I have a ton of crap that I don't use for growing anymore. I think a dump run is needed. Im gonna keep a few of my old De wing reflectors. I still have a lot of DE bulbs and ballast. I can use these in case of emergency issues.

I also have to clean my storage room I can't even get in there.. It's so disorganized. Lots of crap in there that needs to get tossed. I need to make room for the stuff I want to keep. It's all going slower than I like. I can't do too much with a bad back or ill be out of commission.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The FCE-6500arrived today. I got it all assembled which was really easy to do. I didn't even need the instructions. I tested the actual wattage and got 680w. Spec says USA 730W, so is the 680 a EU model?. I'm not gonna run it full tilt yet.. I have it set to 500w for now. I have a new inline speed controlled 4" fan and scrubber coming that needs to be installed. There is still a lot of work to finish in my veg room. All the trash is still in there. For now, I have to finish my Destiny male before I start from a fresh test of clones/seeds. There is a few Seedsman Ohaze in as well(not sexed yet). These are super long flowering. I want to see how they do under LED. I'll take weekly progress pics of everything going forward. Buckle up, the ride starts NOW!!.

Here is the FCE-6500 after assembly. I was really happy to see the hanger wires allow's the light to be raised with little loss of headspace. You can see this in these pics. Other lights I had to make my own hangers. Those left a large gap up to 2' between the light and roof.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN2850.JPG Views:	0 Size:	218.1 KB ID:	18077152

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN2848.JPG Views:	0 Size:	248.8 KB ID:	18077153

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN2849.JPG Views:	0 Size:	256.4 KB ID:	18077155

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN2856.JPG Views:	0 Size:	344.0 KB ID:	18077156

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN2855.JPG Views:	0 Size:	315.4 KB ID:	18077158

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN2855.JPG Views:	0 Size:	315.4 KB ID:	18077158

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran
Not daisy chain, actual control via the port 1 signal. The driver on the 4800 they sent me does that. I will be using it with a controller in the next Haze run.
All their units have that function, which is why they have ports in them and come with a connection cable.
Up to 15 lights can be run off the standard config. For those who need more extensive control, it is offered :
https://www.mars-hydro.com/master-co...led-grow-light

Gry

Veteran

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Click image for larger version  Name:	Opera Snapshot_2022-02-18_221616_www.mars-hydro.com.png Views:	0 Size:	130.9 KB ID:	18077366

Yup, one of those things. I didn't know Mars has a controller too. I will be using the one I linked-to earlier to control the fce-4800, on one of the two channels. It's already there, and I control two tents with it. BUT, it costs over double the price of this unit. $325

From the link you posted:

"Enjoy intelligent control over your lighting fixtures: Smart touch panel control, instantaneous monitor on temperature and humidity, 8 sets of scheduled auto-dimming from 0-100% to mimic sunrise and sunset; Matching not only Mars Hydro LED grow lights also other brand LEDs."

Mars chose to adopt the current interface standard. That is how I can control the driver for the fce-4800 I have with my existing control, and they can sell a control for half the money that would run my existing light. Like I said, this puts them firmly in the game.

For us consumers, this common control 0-10 volt interface saves us money, and we can mix and match equipment.

I bet the subject fce-6500 driver can be controlled also. It is the same model number visually, as the controlable driver I have..

Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
filedata/fetch?id=18077366&d=1645244322

Yup, one of those things. I didn't know Mars has a controller too. I will be using the one I linked-to earlier to control the fce-4800, on one of the two channels. It's already there, and I control two tents with it. BUT, it costs over double the price of this unit. $325

From the link you posted:

"Enjoy intelligent control over your lighting fixtures: Smart touch panel control, instantaneous monitor on temperature and humidity, 8 sets of scheduled auto-dimming from 0-100% to mimic sunrise and sunset; Matching not only Mars Hydro LED grow lights also other brand LEDs."

Mars chose to adopt the current interface standard. That is how I can control the driver for the fce-4800 I have with my existing control, and they can sell a control for half the money that would run my existing light. Like I said, this puts them firmly in the game.

For us consumers, this common control 0-10 volt interface saves us money, and we can mix and match equipment.

I bet the subject fce-6500 driver can be controlled also. It is the same model number visually, as the controlable driver I have..

This controller will be quit soon. there will be an alternative coming out. :D