What's new

MARLO's 2011 WINTER VERTICAL

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Marlo - quick question ..I thought yellow leaves means a Cal-Mag deficiancy? So you dont mind having a few leaves yellow at the end of flowering?

Just wondering and your grow looks awesome as usual.

prowler

picture.php

Sorry Marlo but i just had to requote this. I see a lot of burned tips and (a little) twisted leaves. Maybe i'll shut up and let you speak...

Megayields: That is the point of flushing. Deficiencies start to accumulate one by one which means that the plants are eating their own supply. I guarantee that once you'll get some good well flushed product you won't look back! With GHE 0-6-9 i accomplished this with 2 weeks flush (100% coco) but with Canna coco 2 weeks just wasn't enough.

Good to know for next autumn - now it's time to wait for my girls to dry and start the summer holidays!
:dance013:

A bit editing for megayields: When flushed properly all of the leaves have lost their green color and usually end up yellow. Some strains have the tendency to end up with the most colorful leaves you'll ever see turning to purple-blue-red to even black shades. It is absolutely most beautiful thing to see in a grow - a plant starved to death before culling.

(okay now you're going to laugh because of the burned tips...HAHA...:comfort:)
Here is a swazi showing out her colors for the world. Purple, red, yellow and even black. A beauty in my eyes.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Marlo - quick question ..I thought yellow leaves means a Cal-Mag deficiancy? So you dont mind having a few leaves yellow at the end of flowering?

Just wondering and your grow looks awesome as usual.

Ca deficiencies do show up as yellow leaves, but the yellowing I'm describing is caused by a late flowering plant using all nutrients stored in the plant and medium. Definitely don't want to taste all the nutes I've been pumping into my plants. I definitely notice a difference in taste when I do not flush til the plants yellow.
Depending on how you grow (coco, soil, hydro), this can take different amounts of time.

Something like this.... day 63

picture.php

:tiphat:

Sorry Marlo but i just had to requote this. I see a lot of burned tips and (a little) twisted leaves. Maybe i'll shut up and let you speak...

Wsup Prowler
Yea, there are quite a few burnt tips. Mostly cus I'm growing these girls from seed, and just learning what they can tolerate. I've noticed many growers say that the ECSD clone can eat quite a bit of nutes, so I decided to see what these IBL's can take by bumping my normal feed up a bit. Twice actually. I look at the burnt tips as a trade off for a bit of information about my plants. Lesson learned.
The leaves on some of my plants are showing signs of the claw (which i hate) due to some warm days in the grow room. I've learned to expect this from my spring grows.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Looking mighty fine in here bro :good: straight up killing it :D
How's the smells coming from those dank assed gals??
:smoke out:

turbolaser4528

Veteran
cant wait to see the yield increase from the vert light mover !!

let us know bro, i'm thinking of doing 2 side by side 3.5x3.5 tents with barebulb 600's on a lightmover, drip fed coco/perlite 50/50, drip clean, k.i.s.s. nutes.

hoping to pull 2 lbs every 5 weeks with right strain and once everything is dialed. $$$ wish me luck bro!

FUCK EM ALL! sorry, just tired of corporate bs ;)

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Hey Marlo,
I'm digging your setup, genetics and growing skills. The ladies look fantastick.
Are you still running the 70/30 coco/ffof and using the recipe?
I see a lot of potential in your setup and may copy some things for my first vert run this fall.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HARVEST!!

HARVEST!!

So this grow is over. The girls are drying. Gonna take a whil to put all the details n pics up.

Copied from my Sour thread......

Finally chop day has arrived. All the Sour Diesel girls will be chopped today @ 78 days of 12/12. I'm taking a short break from trimming so I'll show you guys what I've chopped so far. I've been slacking on the pics, cus the new setup doesn't allow the same kinds of pictures.....but I'll try and get as many up as they come down.

First up is SD# 2. She was the runt of the bunch and was potted up to a 1.5 gal airpot only 2 days before flipping to flower. I'm pretty damn amazed how well she turned out. Definitely one of the stinkier phenos. Diesel fuel and pine sol. Flush was timed perfectly on this one

This girl was not tied back to the screens. She's the one that sat in front of the door and got removed for all the pics of the room. She had a prime seat right in front of one of the 400's getting hit with direct light from top to bottom. Nuggage all the way down to the soil.

I have clones of SD#2. Her only drawback so far is her runt qualities. If the clone appears to veg at a normal rate, I'll run her again. If not, she will probly be culled. But not before a smoke test.

Sour Diesel #2

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Stay tuned for more.....

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Next to get the axe was Sour Diesel #5. She was the next smallest going in. Only a lil bit bigger than the runt, #2. Also in a 1.5 gal airpot.

For most of the grow this girl was pretty forgotten because she was sandwiched between 2 very interesting phenos. I'm pretty disappointed in the yeild on this one, especially with the location she was in. Also right in front of a 400, she doesn't look like she will produce at much as #2, who is more than a few inches shorter. Although she does stink, #5 doesn't stack up in the smell department compared to her sisters. I do have a clone of her, but she's looking to be the 1st one out.

Sour Diesel #5

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Still more to come.....

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had my eyes on Sour Diesel #4 from the very beginning of flower. She immediately looked to be one of the standout phenos, mainly because of her girth. Much bigger buds than I'm used to with my lil 4oo's. Chunky and golf ball like.

Some where around week 4, a heatwave came thru. Sour Diesel #4 seemed to be the most sensitive to the heat. She showed quite a bit of the claw as a result. I hate the claw. Makes plants look horrible. This is something I'll keep an eye on, but she will probably get a run in the winter garden to see what she is really made of. She stinks pretty good, just not the stinkiest of all these babies. More Diesel and pine sol with a bit of skunk.

Its also pretty obvious I didn't get the flush right on this one.

Sour Diesel #4

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'm about to get back to trimming. I'll probably post up the rest of the phenos in the morning along with all the SFV x SD.

I hope you enjoyed

Wilson!

hey Marlow, great set up. looks dialed. say, where did you get those fans? who is the mfg do you know.

thx.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow dude you are a pro. Thanks for posting your work, I learned a lot.

Thanks Gooz. I'm still learning too bro.

killer run marlo!!

Thanks AW. You should be dryin now too right?
I'm getting ready for the summertime shutdown.

very nice.

so far how do you think the light mover did?

Overall, I really like it. I didn't remove any popcorn this run because I wanted to see how bad it would be with the mover. Some of these plants are looking chunky down below, so I'm happy. Not to mention these are the tallest plants I've ever had. Thats an advantage for me already.

hey Marlow, great set up. looks dialed. say, where did you get those fans? who is the mfg do you know.

thx.

Thanks Wilson. :)
Google..... Honeywell fans. Tons of stores have em. I think i got mine from target.

Another nice run there Marlo.
Good going...:wave:

Wsup PB. Thanks bro

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
copied from my SFS thread...

I started chopping the 2nd set of SFS girls. I'm real happy with these. I hope they are as good as round 1

Here is SFS #6. Smells kushy, bud structure is kushy for the most part but I see alot of the SD influence in the foxtails. This one doesn't make big buds, but neither did #2 and that one was a winner. Grown in a 3.4 gal airpot. We'll see how she turns out. Good chance she'll get run in the fall.

SFV OG x Sour Diesel # 6

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

more later...

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This next one is a potential winner. She looks like she could be a nice 50/50 pheno. Very sexy plant. She really likes the vertical light setup. Definitely gonna run her in the fall. Yield looks like it will be pretty good.

SFV OG x Sour Diesel # 5

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php