What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana Should Never Be Smoked ??

soil margin

Veteran
Nixon ordered a study on marijuana in the 70's. But when they reported that mary jane is basically harmless, he threw out their findings and declared the War On Drugs. So much for the government.

Right. I have to question the logic of ordering taxpayer funded research when you just ignore it and do your own thing when you don't get the answers you were hoping for.

JohnnyChicago

It's always the same story when I share my pure joints with "new" people.

Before they smoke they always ask:
- "pure? really??"
"yes, I dont smoke tobacco"
- "I will cough for sure!"
"No you will not"
- "are you sure?"
"Try it or leave it, but it is strong. Hope you have enough tolerance or take only one toke and wait"
- "Man, my tolerance is very high!!" and they start smoking...
- "So smooth, taste is so good, unbelievable!!"
"yes, but don't forget, it is pure, it's strong and when smoked pure the high is not the same . And please share the joint!"
- "Oh sorry, but no problem for me the high, I smoke since XX years ... "

And often, 15min later (I do only smoke pure or almost pure sativas
smile.gif
)
, they come back to ask what the hell I gave them to smoke that they got so damn high :biggrin:

Funny thing is that only the boys are pussies like that. Ladies never ask that kinfd of questions and also rarely come back asking whats happeing with them.

I am a vaper and I love it, but smoking pure sativas, for me, is by far more psychedelic than vaping them and it is something I dont want to miss as long as I will use MMJ or as long as I will want psychedelic highs.

And if like me you love the hazy incense or frankincense etc., you have no other choice then to smoke it. My personal opinion.

Last edited:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Right. I have to question the logic of ordering taxpayer funded research when you just ignore it and do your own thing when you don't get the answers you were hoping for.

Nixon's logic- Marijuana=hippies, hippies are my enemy, therefore Marijuana=another enemy. Vilify marijuana=vilify the hippies, AND BONUS, a way to detain, arrest and otherwise fuck with my enemy, the hippies.

the_king___the_president.jpg

Sunshineinabag

It's always the same story when I share my pure joints with "new" people.

Before they smoke they always ask:
- "pure? really??"
"yes, I dont smoke tobacco"
- "I will cough for sure!"
"No you will not"
- "are you sure?"
"Try it or leave it, but it is strong. Hope you have enough tolerance or take only one toke and wait"
- "Man, my tolerance is very high!!" and they start smoking...
- "So smooth, taste is so good, unbelievable!!"
"yes, but don't forget, it is pure, it's strong and when smoked pure the high is not the same . And please share the joint!"
- "Oh sorry, but no problem for me the high, I smoke since XX years ... "

And often, 15min later (I do only smoke pure or almost pure sativas View Image), they come back to ask what the hell I gave them to smoke that they got so damn high :biggrin:

Funny thing is that only the boys are pussies like that. Ladies never ask that kinfd of questions and also rarely come back asking whats happeing with them.

I am a vaper and I love it, but smoking pure sativas, for me, is by far more psychedelic than vaping them and it is something I dont want to miss as long as I will use MMJ or as long as I will want psychedelic highs.

And if like me you love the hazy incense or frankincense etc., you have no other choice then to smoke it. My personal opinion.
I'd have to take the Pepsi challenge..........that being said if u do have a high end non cough inducing cultivar I really need to learn how to find and isolate these traits because at my age they appeal to me! :dance013:

Sunshineinabag

I don’t live in your rarified atmosphere: I’ve never had a bag of weed that showed visible trichomes, mostly we get tumbled bud - but I’ve been beaucoup stoned off said weed many times.

I know there are trichomes there, they collect in the bottom of the grinder. There are trichomes you *cant* see, even if you do dump your bowl and count.

Ding ding ding, your the reason bounced buds are still sold and coveted! I think those are for edible making, but I'm a conniseur of high end varietals. I've had access to cultivars at an early age because an elder had lots of aces and money to grab it from his network of east coast,Jamaican, Cuban lines that ran straight into my homestate. I can remember picking apples with a group of solid farmers who used to bring kingsbread that really should be experianced by all who TRULY enjoy and adore this cultivar.
I'm crossing my fingers hoping I can the old school Vermont skunk we used to have up here. I don't care if I have to put a chit ton of work into it, I'll devote what's needed because it means that much to me! I don't tell on people! I believe your word is your bond. I give everyone an oppurtunity until they do or say something that seems Assinine to me. Rambling man I am!:tiphat:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don’t live in your rarified atmosphere: I’ve never had a bag of weed that showed visible trichomes, mostly we get tumbled bud - but I’ve been beaucoup stoned off said weed many times.

I know there are trichomes there, they collect in the bottom of the grinder. There are trichomes you *cant* see, even if you do dump your bowl and count.

It sounds like your buds are not only tumble trimmed but also keifed by whoever your getting it from.

I grow my own, outdoors, and hand trim after drying. No environmental controls here, it's Au natural.

If you can get yourself a cheap 20-30x jewelers loupe, You'll see trichomes galore on your buds.

White Beard

It sounds like your buds are not only tumble trimmed but also keifed by whoever your getting it from.
Don’t know about any of that - I’m sure the herb arrives in our locale in such fashion. By ‘tumbled’ I *meant* aggressively kiefed; not up on the mechanization.

I first noticed it when one of my room mates snagged a $100 zee off the dark web: it looked like popcorn to me, hard, dark green, but tasted good and worked very well. Since it was so cheap, I decided to squeeze some rosin...and got two tiny dabs, smoking that 8th would have gone much farther.

Next time I got some (different) from my regular, I squished enough to know for certain that it wasn’t my technique, it was the herb.

Not long after that, the chain crumbled, so the whole micro-region is going without. Not so much different from the ‘60s around here...but back then, no one knew squat about keif

White Beard

Ding ding ding, your the reason bounced buds are still sold and coveted! I think those are for edible making, but I'm a conniseur of high end varietals. I've had access to cultivars at an early age because an elder had lots of aces and money to grab it from his network of east coast,Jamaican, Cuban lines that ran straight into my homestate. I can remember picking apples with a group of solid farmers who used to bring kingsbread that really should be experianced by all who TRULY enjoy and adore this cultivar.
I think it’s simply that either you’re the personal confidante of a well-hidden grower, or you only get what California doesn’t want: given prices in the ‘free’ states, they can still get full price for what they can’t give away at home.

I envy you your experiences: I have never known a grower, or even another fascinated novice like me. Hurts to think what my life would have been had I ever found a mentor like you did. Pretty much everything I’ve ever done I’ve done alone, up the rope, hand over hand, figuring it out the hard way, over and over.

Yeah, poor me...so what?
Thanks for sharing

JohnnyChicago

I'd have to take the Pepsi challenge..........that being said if u do have a high end non cough inducing cultivar I really need to learn how to find and isolate these traits because at my age they appeal to me! :dance013:

Some strains will be a little bit more cough inducing than others, but the most important is how you grow and dry your stuff.

As a vaporist you are more likely to cough when you smoke weed or tobacco, compared to people who smoke daily. But I rarely cough when I smoke my pure joints, I only do when I smoke to fast, which to often happens. A bad (antisocial) habit I have from using vaporizers :biggrin:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I'll respond to this, just in case they come back and read it.

Unless you're growing a strain with cough inducing terpenes, all the coughing is from poor growing practices. So, nearly any cultivar can be grown cleanly. When grown properly, it smokes smoothly and is not cough inducing. ;)

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Smoke always makes me choke my lungs out, but I think the method in which it is dried and cured is also a big factor.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Smoke always makes me choke my lungs out, but I think the method in which it is dried and cured is also a big factor.
I assure you, quick dried cannabis is just as smooth and clean smoking as long dried and cured cannabis. Long dried and cured certainly tastes better, but quick dried shouldn't be harsh. ;)

Egzoset

Salutations,

Here's a novel-fresh "DiY" way to gain perspective on the benefits of "Flash"/"Pulse" vaporization:

picture.php

Actually that's still some work-in-progress, hence it won't get more fresh than that...

Dual-Flame butane torch compatibility (for "Micro-Bursting" support) justified a switch to metal tops, the previous major step being an implementation of my multi-layer "LAVA" Hybrid Core which then allowed relocation much closer to its workload, with its "17-Holes Metal Disc" & "Brass-Wrapped Top-of-Bowl SiC Puck" relocated inside the "Screw-Base Aperture". For example:

picture.php

With a twist as i'm finally experimenting with direct Core PinHoles for my customized (DiY) VaporGenie pipes and this proved most beneficial kind of early during preliminaries...

The relative release of pressure in my cannabic path was a last touch, right in time for some 6th anniversary edition of the 2013 "Plan-B" (Prototyping Platform based) conceptual venture (e.g. i DO NOT SELL, RENT or TRADE, whatever)...

Who wants a flat static frozen baked landscape when there's a fresh broad-spectrum alternative awaiting discovery??

:peacock:

Though you got to have a suitable tool 1st!...

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

St. Phatty

Imagine if everyone who smoked tobacco only took one puff

because one puff is enough.

That's how I smoke pot, except I use water to filter the smoke.

Egzoset

Salutations St. Phatty,

Imagine if everyone who smoked tobacco only took one puff.

It's a choice to prefer casual destruction of over half the noble molecules only to keep a fire alive while more of those goodies auto-destroy between 2 inhalations, euh... Talk about a rational strategy!

:laughing:

As for remaining blind to health-wise alternatives it's a simple personal limitation which can be fixed permanently through education, once the curtain of social interference causing severe conceptual distortions can be lifted. YMMV.

Anyway it's about time we stop contemplating a socio-toxic past resulting from an ego-centric historical error which never ceased being a Public-Health plague of planetary proportions since the last century, e.g. after James Albert Bonsack patented his paper-rolling machine for no other purpose than a self-serving quest for personal mercantile profit.

:coffee:

Today people have an option to benefit from space-technology, even present in novel materials as far as i'm concerned: among others lets just mention the deceptively trivial appearance of silicon carbide foam while it hides exceptional properties under some basic look which still proves most suitable for our favourite type of application nonetheless - and yet it remains clearly under-estimated compared to what's found in thermostatic contraptions.

Too bad the average consumer lacks sufficient motivation to train his vaporist eye to see beyond the realm of superficial appearances, while confronted to a fancy confusing language when dealing with water-toy purists (and possibly re$ellers too - no bia$ there)!

Imagine, "stoner$"/"droÿé$" around fragile glassware when in fact not even a drop of water is even necessary if one simply dares to exploit extra-hot exhaust gases from clean-burning butane, for example...

...one puff is enough. That's how I smoke pot...

Slow & steady can feel most tiresome, which clearly fails to emulate an ex-smoker habit (for those who do pay attention...), so it's no surprise neither if one tried some "Hot Dry Air Ovenizer" and finally felt disapointed enough to choose self-poisoning again.

:2cents:

Just like this individual posting previously, who only manages to see junk hardware instead of a reasonably accessible DiY challenge to effectively propose a Prototyping Platform, so the obstinately obtuse minds get some means to acquire fresh-new perspectives even supporting INDEPENDANT DUPLICATION & PEER REVIEW.

But we live in a world of consumers demanding ready-made perfection at no cost yesterday, expect zero effort not even cognitive: welcome to fake BitCoin reputations in exchange for a few virtual clicks...

Yet, if you want it portable & potent ex-smoker compatible alternative then expect *MY* LAVA concept to be implemented in IH-driven mode someday: it's 3-parts KISS design shall prove unavoidable once acknowledge for what it really is, elsewhere than in failed imaginations.

Quite naturally keep in mind that's only 1 personal informed self-educated opinion and i'm not posting to gather friends. Mere normal allies would suffice...

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Can you guys just stop this stupid beef? Please agree to disagree, or just use the ignore user option on the forums. If you can't share info and discuss in a civil matter, don't discuss at all.
I see this thread already had to be cleaned once, so this is probably the last warning regarding this offtopic beef.
Thank you for understanding and please continue this thread ON-TOPIC.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just close the thread already!

THE TOPIC IS STUPID AS FUCK anyway!
Some folks thinks they're way is the only way and due to that, they can't see the forest through the trees!

Egsozet sounds like a god damn preacher up on his pulpit preaching away to folks that don't want to listen to him because of his pompous elitist attitude toward the subject matter as a whole in the first place!