What's new

Marijuana legalization in California could hurt Canada's economy, experts say

jessethestoner

exactly i'd be more worried if we stopped exporting mdma and ectasy pills of all kinds we're a much more massive producer and exporter of those and in fact a fair bit of our beasters is simply traded for coke so i think it might actually be good if the trade died down

Initially this may be a problem for canada but that can change if their own laws change. In any case I'm sorry canadians and canucks but this could mean good news for us all. IMHO I strongly believe that this will have a rather speedy dominoe effect on the rest of the united states and possibly eventually canada which is good news for all except for maybe mexico. I mean is this really any reason to sit there and scold progress because underground cannabis growers who help feed crime won't rake in as steep of revenue like in the "good 'ol days"? I think not, if canada is worth a dime and a second look they will adapt and move on. So I bit and theres my two copper linclon's homies. :2cents:

-S.E.

Khao

WA resident here. We still see the beasters every once and awhile but it is much more rare then even 5 years ago. I cross the border atleast twice a year and my experience leads me to believe Canada will not suffer at all. The homegrown up there is just as good as you will find anywhere else. The only people who stand to lose at all are the criminals exporting their kiefed premature crap.... no big loss.

Also, why all the hate and nationalist drivel? I notice very little difference in culture and people...atleast here on the west coast...and the border feels almost artificial.

basically what Dr Psycho and DenMaster said. They hit it on the head. It makes me laugh cause while I read this article I was smoking weed and looking at my budding plants.... I think im good, lol

... and once I upgrade my bro and dad are good too. nuf said

clark420

Well the news in Sacramento say the price of an ounce if legalized wil go down to $60's a ounce.. Hers my view point, close the dam mexican border and let cali green america it will take a long tiime 5-10 years before the price drops that much and there will always be a need for high grade hyper strains.. Thats like comparing budwieser witha belgium beer, no comparision..

MrSensi

Coming from a California citizen his whole life, I've never come across some herb that was noted as grown in Canada. If it's indoor it comes locally, if it's outdoor it just comes from NorCal.