What's new

Marijuana exempt from smoking ban

Hazelnuts

Smoking bans in restaurants, hospitals etc are fine by my standards. Bars are kind of a grey zone, but a fucking coffee shop? If you work there, you don't mind smoke. It's fucking hypocritical to ban smoking in a weed smoking area. 2nd hand weed smoke is just as unhealthy as 2nd hand tobacco smoke, whether you like it or not

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
who cares about banning smoking cigarretes...if you are still allowed to smoke weed....then fu..k it......just smoke weed and be happy...because for now it is allowed...the way everything is going maybe one day coffeeshops will just be a memory

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I kinda think shops should be able to opt out, I mean some must have good ventilation systems and in summer they don't have to heat so they can vent with impunity. What about cigar/smoke shops that specialize in tobacco, they should be able to allow customers to consume their product in their shops.

Yea its harmful but its a choice I think shops and workers should have.

Confused

Confused

This is from an RSS feed via High Times about the HTCC Cups. It suggests cannabis smoking will be allowed inbars and cafes:
"About the smoking ban, the ban pertains to tobacco-only smoking and it goes into effect this August. Patrons of clubs, bars and coffee shops are still allowed to role mixed-joints, or spliffs, with tobacco and weed (or hash which is how the D"utch prefer it). So the expo at the Power Zone will be smoked-out as usual"
http://hightimes.com/grow/nico/4385?utm_source=rss_home

mr.haze420

Veteran
according to the health minister

Replying to questions from the Labour party, the minister confirmed that mixing tobacco with soft drugs in 'coffee shops' (where cannabis products can be bought over the counter) will not be permitted from July 1. :rasta:

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
I spoke with a bar owner in the dam about this (he allows smoking cannabis in his bar)
he said "do they think the staff will pull customers joints apart to see if theres tobacco in them" ??
but if they see anyone rolling joints with tobacco they will have to ask them to smoke it outside

Smokers' church fined for breaking ban

Monday 11 August 2008

Alkmaar café Lindeboom has been fined €300 for breaking the ban on smoking, despite claiming that smoking was a religious rite.

The café is part of the Only and Universal Smokers Church which 'worships' the trinity of smoke, fire and ash.

So far, health and safety inspectors have handed out four fines to bars for allowing smoking on the premises, news agency ANP reports.

© DutchNews.nl

Called the Melkweg, where some High Times Cannabis Cups Events are being held, as usual, this year.
Was told that smoking is only allowed upstairs in the smoking lounge, or outside, and not in the main areas-bar, front area, music rooms.
Called Power Zone, where Expo will be held. Thought there would be no smoking in the main Expo area for the Cups, but not confirmed.
Will follow up with more calls to the office.

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
I don't smoke tobacco....but I really think it's such bullshit with all these anti-tobacco laws....why can't people decide themselves if they want to be in a certain place where there is tobacco smoke or not....they tax the shit out of people who smoke cigarretes as it is.....I don't see people becoming much healthier with all these fuc..ing laws

KNETTER

i think thats bullshit really, i think a joint is better with just a small amount of tobacco to keep it together n make it burn well, pure joints dont always burn very well and lighting every 5 seconds would get on my NERVES! time to whip out the old bong me thinks

neuroherb

Was in Maastricht recently and a coffee shop which I won't name had no problem with moxed joints however no straight cigarettes. I don't think this is strictly within the rules though and HT coud be telling people a load of bunk they did say last year the canal boats were smoker friendly.

B

British_Bulldog

Hi neuroherb,

I think it's Amsterdam which is stricter, as I didn't even see mixed joints on a recent visit, but in Nijmegen a few weeks ago I saw several people making mixed joints (..not smokin' cigs come to think of it....but that might've been 'cos I went when hardly anyone was in anyway).

Peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i see plenty of people mixing tobaco in most coffeshops(i was surpised as i told my mates they wold have to roll pure)
i was also in a bar rolling joints where people were roling with tobaco and i even see people smoking cigaretes in this bar
it was on the same road as hunters

neuroherb

Hi BB

Yea although I haven't been in Amsterdam since the ban came in I think I would agree there, no doubt the others living there will know for sure.

Same as yourself I only really stopped for a smoke in one last visit because they were all mad daft F1 fans like myself and although they were tifossi I suppose I can forgive them for that ;-)

I just think there could be another year of raging on the HT forums after folk get home and find out they couldn't smoke in some of the places it was suggested they could. I think Americans will find it easier though as the majority I know smoke pure anyway.

Edited: Because I made made a stupid slip of the tongue as I thought a user was commonly known to be knowledgeable on an area. Will make sure not to do so again. :eek::

Last edited:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Calling a _____ a _____.

Bottom Line. Tobacco is poisonous. To force anyone to breathe it is criminal.

Even when I was a cigarette smoker (18 years ago) I could not handle some AMS locations, for the (tobacco) smoke.

Last year, at the Main Hall Melkweg "moe." concerts, the nicotine in the air was horrendous. Although the music was not bad, the air was, and I left. Both nights.

It F'in stinx.

Although Dutch laws are a bit heavy-handed, Good on 'em.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Actually it was fun to see how things are now when you cant smoke inside bars, hundreds of people hanging outside bars at red lights, some passed out, most of them walking away with hands full of drinks etc....it really was hilarious, like a pic of hell by H.Bosch.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Can't wait to see it. Can't wait to not smell it everywhere I go. Dining out will be enjoyable, for a change. Until someone leaves the door open. LOL

Same phenomenon happened in San Francisco...

Walking through "The Gauntlet," of tobacco-poison to get into the front door of many establishments.

Then the inevitable signs - thankfully - posted a few months later.

"No smoking within 25 feet (8 meters) of entrance..."

Last edited:
B

British_Bulldog

It's great to go out in the Netherlands now and experience smoke-free insides of places, especially restaurants!

Peace

Last edited: