What's new

Marijuana exempt from smoking ban

BadKarma

Chamba said:
won't it now be nice to visit Am'dam coffee shops. ...and watch how Euro smokers will change the way they smoke in coffee shops....btw I've never been to Malawi.

No! :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu:
No it wont be nice to watch people being forced to do something they don't want to do by the government.

You are a sick person my friend. I'm sorry but getting your kicks watching law abiding people minding there own business being forced to do things against there will by the government is a fucked up way to get your jollies.

Szslack

Chamba said:
And using Chamba's logic that tobacco should be banned because it's not healthy

I never said tobacco should be banned, re-read what I wrote,...I said lots of things but mostly that it's a stupid stinking habit ...won't it now be nice to visit Am'dam coffee shops. ...and watch how Euro smokers will change the way they smoke in coffee shops....btw I've never been to Malawi.

of course tobacco should not be banned, what they should ban are the unnatural chemicals used to excess when growing the tobacco crop and the many other chemicals added during cigarette manufacture.

tobacco is useful...soak ten Marlboros in water for a few days then filter, dilute and spray this poison on plants in veg to discourage insects.

lol here's an idea for those with a 600 lb Nicotine monkey on their back..why not spray this mixture on your cannabis crops prior to harvest!....then you'll get the best of both worlds!....your monkey will be happy and you will be stoned!...I should get a Nobel Tobacco prize for that one!

Must've read between the lines then...

busterbunny

vod said:
So is alcohol bro.

And if I feel like poisoning myself a bit it is not your fuckin business.
And if we have a club where we fart in each others faces and enjoy it and you come and moan about it and fuckin ban it, than you are seriously wrong.

Well with smoking cigarettes others around the person smoking are affected. Us non-smokers end up smelling like smoke or breathing it it. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life and won't, BUT I am NOT for banning it. Most of my friends smoke ciagarettes and it is such an easy thing to not be around them when they smoke. (they don't chain smoke, just the occasionaly smoke) It is my choice to hang out with them so I am not going to complain. Most people who are smoking near me are respectful such as blowing the smoke away from me and rolling the windows down in the car. I understand that they smoke and that's what they enjoy to do and I am not going to complain about it or try to stop them. With smoking in Amsterdam, I hope that doesn't get banned. I wish the smoke ban would stop around here too it's getting to be too much. I just noticed a sign at Denny's that says "no smoking before 10pm" or something like that which I don't understand because there is a smoking section and a non-smoking section. Both sections are cut off by a long hallway that in between house the bathrooms. The smoking bans are getting way to overboard. You can't even smoke in some bars around here and it is good for me because I don't smoke, but I always thought bars should allow smoking. It's been the place to smoke or have a drink. And now people have to go outside to smoke. I feel like I'm just telling random stories now.

Bottom line is I am a non-cigarette smokeer and I am NOT for ANY smoking ban in bars, restaurants, and outdoors anywhere. I hope the Dam stops trying to ban things.

BadKarma

As you may guess Im not for bans .

However I do think incentives should be given to bars and restaraunts who are smoke free. I dont think you should have to smell my smoke ethier.

I just think a total ban is big gov gone mad.

This thread is about coffee shops in the Dam but I assure you its all tied together and as people complain about smoking MJ in the coffe bars it will be banned there also.

Be carefull what you wish for, You just may get it.

B

British_Bulldog

Bring on only pure joints in coffeeshops :) I for one would be very happy, but for selfish reasons really, as I don't like the tobacco smoke - I am all for freedoms, but not when it impacts on others so much.

I've grown up in smoky environments, but having lived in Italy for a while, where smoking in public places has been banned for 3 years, it's a refreshing change, and I look forward to a tobacco ban in the Netherlands too.

Peace

REZDOG

Veteran
Ho,hum.
It's the Dutch neo-con government (yet again) asserting its' right to tell people What To Do.
Perhaps we should limit their rights to breathe when they lie to the people they're supposed to represent.
If that was the case,there'd be lots of open slots in the next election.
The Dutch government,since joining the E.U.,has rapidly become bone-jarringly neo-conservative,and this is just another small stab at fucking with People's Choices.
Sad,it's just a wavy reflection of George W Cheney's fucked-up, finger-in-your-pie/ear on your window brand of neo-con bullshit that's wiggled its' way into the publics consciousness,the world over,these past seven-plus years.

Szslack

^ And I'm afraid it has gone too far already to be rolled back should thinking people come to power. (Worldwide)

How does one go about making a sovereign nation?

This is actually quite :off2: nevertheless...

Worst case scenario: The Netherlands revoke the lax attitude towards soft drugs. Where would that put the fight for canna-freedom for the rest of the world? I think the past 5-10 years have shown some great progress globally, but now I fear the tide has turned and we are reclining to the dark ages of strict chrsitian morality and puritanism :angrymod: :wallbash:

Me no like.

Last edited:

Soldier0fortunE

lol i guess with no mixing tobacco amsterdams cafes are going to be full of even more than ever wrecked stoners.

nice.

im soldier0fortune (obviously) by the way, nice to see ya all, some of you might remember me from overgrow back in the day as Soldier of Fortune (wouldnt let me fit it in... :spank: )

have a good day people.

Any more info on smoking rules?
Regarding High Times Cup in November, it appears the Expo will be held at the Power Zone, though not cast in concrete.
Talked to HT and two tour groups. All hinted at Power Zone, with Melkweg for music-Reggae theme this year--
but when I asked them about smoking, it was "uh...we'll check...wait and see".
Any ideas?
I know some people are going over for the Last Big Smoke around July 1, but will it change, or will it be a "let's ignore it and see what happens"?

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it is definately an uncertain time ahead

i guess only time will tell

but i dont think that the powerzone or melkwegg will let you smoke
after all the alowance of coffeshops is because these are smoking establishmnets

Smoking ban a threat to public order
Friday 06 June 2008

The ban on smoking in cafés and clubs which comes into effect on July 1 may lead to extra tension and security problems around busy night spots such as the Rembrandtplein and Leidseplein in Amsterdam, says the safety and crisis management institute COT in Friday’s Parool.

© DutchNews.nl

E

EatCannabisRaw

They need to start growing marijuana that isn't so damn strong. That way you can smoke a whole cigarette sized joint to yourself without getting so hammered...just a pleasant buzz instead...

maybe the secret to that is to just add marijuana leaf to the flowers when u smoke. i don't know.

C

CheifnBud2

Cool rule, Tobacco stinks and i hate when people fuckin smoke it indoors.

As long as they dont tell you ya cant smoke bud, who cares? Its not fair to give everyone cancer just cause you like toking a cig or mixing tobacco with your herbs indoors.

neuroherb

Its not fair to give everyone cancer just cause you like toking a cig or mixing tobacco with your herbs indoors.

And a lot of people would make similar claims to the rights not to smell your herb. I find it funny that peoples tolerance only extends to what they want to do.

mr.haze420

Veteran
neuroherb said:
And a lot of people would make similar claims to the rights not to smell your herb. I find it funny that peoples tolerance only extends to what they want to do.

it is not about the smell of tobacco even though i find it foul, but the tobacco smoke is a proven killer

neuroherb

it is not about the smell of tobacco even though i find it foul, but the tobacco smoke is a proven killer

I wouldn't disagree with you on the dangers of Tobacco & when I originally started smoking it was always pure other than hash or oil which even in Toronto during the 80's was mixed. The UK in the main mixes with tobacco although personally I try to use the very minimum & do have to look at stopping the tobacco use. In Holland there is also a good amount of people who mix hash with tobacco in order to smoke it along with other areas in Europe.

The dangers of getting cancer which can actually happen from eating the wrong vegetables as cancer is a wierd thing we all have the potential of it & its really a roulette wheel as to whether it becomes active are also present in cannabis. It is carcionegenic so if your pre disposed to getting cancer there is a possibility of cannabis triggering it. Maybe not as high a risk as tobacco but anyone who thinks they can smoke cannabis relentlesly without fear of getting any smoking related disease is deluding themself.

Aside from that I just find it an interesting contradiction that often people arguing for tolerance of their interest are often intolerant of other peoples activities. I get the same chuckle from those who think the hundreds of drunks fighting in the street is just part of a Friday night while the person on CCTV smoking a spliff should be locked up as a public risk.

police only tested drivers who had visited a coffeeshop where customers can buy and s

police only tested drivers who had visited a coffeeshop where customers can buy and s

(didn't want to start a new thread, so...)

One in five found driving under the influence of drugs 09/06/2008 00:00A large-scale police operation carried out on Friday night reveals that one in five motorists was driving under the influence of drugs.

9 June 2008

THE NETHERLANDS - A large-scale police operation in the east of the Netherlands found that one in five motorists was driving under the influence of drugs.

During the operation, held on Friday night, police only tested drivers who had visited a coffeeshop where customers can buy and smoke marijuana.

The Dutch Forensic Institute says research has shown that using drugs severely impairs a person's ability to drive. According to the institute, smoking one cannabis 'joint' equals a blood-alcohol level of 0.11 percent, which is more than twice the legal driving limit of 0.05 percent.

Police took blood and urine samples from 55 people. Those found to have exceeded the limit had their driving licences revoked and may face prosecution.

[Radio Netherlands / Expatica]

Last edited:

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
To many people smokes cannabis with tobacco in Europe, here in france it's almost everybody. The prohibition rised the prices, and the quality, you can no longer find soft weed to roll fat pure joints... So if you got only good quality, you mix it with tobacco.
I don't smoke cigarettes, only joints, and i feel the nicotin dependance, which is really annoying...
Vaporizers, which is quite a new technology for most smokers, need to be spread. The harder issue is for people to change their ways of taking marijuana, as they have been smoking it with tobacco since the beginning. let's all get vaped ^^

Also as lougrew stated, we smoked a lot of hash over here, in france imported hash can be found while weed is nearly impossible.. so to smoke hash we put tobacco... too much..

Last edited: