What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

marijuana and hermit crabs, a pulic service announcement

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Deft said:
Should go into a pet store with a lungfull of smoke to blow on the crabs lol.
I wouldn't condone Geniside & am quite frankly,abhored at the notion.Shame on you................NOT!!!!!!!!!! You sick bastard :sasmokin:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
What proof is there that the thc killes the crabs? Crabs are not insects, they are arthropods like spider mites, spiders, lobsters, crayfish and scorpions. I wish TCH killed arthropods, Or if it does that someone would inform the spidermites! I'm sorry for your loss, but I need some kind of proof to believe that thc kills anything besides cancer cells.

Boink

Holy crap..........this thread is killing me :bat: Sorry about your crabs clorox. THC killing em, now that's a good one. Did you do a autocrabpsy?

Last edited:

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
pieceofmyheart said:
:yoinks: hahahahahaha as always Pops...cracking me up

Clorox, at least you know they died happily stoned, right?

I'm quite sure you never had crabs,or this would not be so funny :pointlaug

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Willie Nillie said:
Arachnid, spiter mite is an arachnid.
yup...
And a hermit crab is a crustacean
and they are both arthropods...
I guess insects are arthropods too...
as well as chilopods and diplopods (centipedes and milipedes)
Hmmmm... learn something new all the time... Always thought arthropods were just arachnids and crustacaens... :chin:
Anyhow where did the crustacean thc toxicity report get off to?....

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Lol.

Damn, must suck to loose a pet, no matter how smart or cuddly it is... the things you realize thanks to canna.

Last edited:
G

Well that must be the reason thc has not to this point, as far as I know been responsible for any spider mite deaths. And is indeed allegedly responsible for 2 hermit crab deaths. LMAO

I do love hermit crabs. They are fun for the kids at the beach!

Sorry to hear about your crabs!

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I ain't buying this turnip, thc does not kill anything, including crabs. Smoke, might, but not weed. I smoked a big crab up six ways from sunday, everyway I could, crab did not die, in fact, she has my house and worldly possessions.
H

G

clorox said:
im not sure if any of you keep pet hermit crabs, and those who dont should give it a try, because the offer hours of fun, and are so damn cute...

however if you do, or are going to keep pet hermit crabs, DO NOT smoke in proximity to them or their tank, as they are a type of insect to which THC is indeed fatal to from exposure. i recently lost 2 very good, big clawed friends of mine, curtis "50 cent" crab and hercules to accidental prolonged marijuana exposure. :badday: :badday: :badday: :badday: :badday: :badday:

so remember, if you dont wanna kill your crabs, smoke in another room!
sorry to hear of your loss...ill pass the word on as i know a couple of chicks that role w hermits,,,they have lots of cute lil shells all painted up. neat.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Willie Nillie said:
Well that must be the reason thc has not to this point, as far as I know been responsible for any spider mite deaths. And is indeed allegedly responsible for 2 hermit crab deaths. LMAO

I do love hermit crabs. They are fun for the kids at the beach!

Sorry to hear about your crabs!
Is indeed allegedly responsible... lmao, exactly... I allege that there was some cause other than thc...

Now that we have established no proven thc deaths to any type of arthropod... Nor any concrete evidence thereof, merely allegations...

Once Again... Sorry for the loss... but why blame an innocent substance?

Nikijad4210

Veteran
Geez, man, must suck not having your crabs to talk to anymore.....But on the bright side, you won't be the weird guy talking to his crabs in public anymore.

Seriously, that's fucked up, I didn't know that could kill them. Learn something new every day.

And SS---Thanks, man, I really needed to see that freakin' hippie's nads on display there. Thank god I already ate dinner before I clicked on that :D

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I had crabs once- but MJ did not kill them.

I had to shave to get rid of the things.

Buahahahahaha

minds_I

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
mind I, the big problem in killing crabs is that if you kill one, 200 more come to the funeral. Back in the 60's, I caught crabs from a bunk in the transient barracks in the military. They had to treat the whole barracks. Really pissed me off to get crabs without having any fun getting crabs. Thank God for Qwell Ointment. Kills them in a heartbeat.! (Didn't know about pot back then. Would have been more fun than Qwell.)

Just a smoker

Hermit crabs

Hermit crabs

OK so I have hermit crabs and a really want to keep them but I smoke a fair amount. Is it OK to move them out of my room and then put them back after a little while? Like just as long as I don't smoke around them they will be fine or do I need to not smoke at all where I'm going to keep them

Floridian

Veteran
Pops Smilin Bob misses you bro!Where art thou?Donde esta?We had hermit crabs on Anna Maria.What a sight!

Green Squall

I will never forget being at a fair when I was a small child and my parents not letting me get a hermit crab. God was I crushed! I still hold it against them.