What's new

Marijana definition, will Blow your mind, Planet Sirius

Viva la cannabis!

(note: this is a speculative post, just taking ideas and contemplating various theories without being a scientific article or journal with sources, rather just blog-style)

Anyways I find this tremendously interesting and entertaining... I know you have all thought it that have been following this thread... Perhaps prohibition happening, arguably during the worlds greatest era of technological and industrial evolution could coincide with the fact that this plant really is so beneficial to mankind.

Tie in the fact that conspiracy theorists (there is plenty of evidence) tend to believe in a higher power or entity amongst the human race, that control us in every aspect from government to the financial system. Perhaps this elite group of people, that many refer to as the Illuminati(and refer to them as having been around arguably for thousands of years, other groups as well speculatively) started to see that humanities capabilities and knowledge was reaching a point during the early 1900's that cannabis' therapeutic and neuro\bio-protective effects could pose a threat to their dominative scheme.

The pharmaceutical industries profits would be deterred by people choosing to purchase cannabis instead, oil industry could potentially suffer from hemp's fuel potential, many synthetic compounds could largely be replaced by hemp based derivatives, and the list goes on and on.

Think of a substance that people want. Take alcohol for example, look at prohibition and how it really didn't stop the alcohol flow at all. Think of the strong-arm it provided law enforcement over your daily lives and freedoms... How perfect could this power struggle translate over to a substance like marijuana that is beneficial in so many ways to humanity. Surely if people will pour destructive alcohol down their throats to become intoxicated, they will choose an herb that helps their body overcome many ailments and actually improves health and provides a mood elevation and intoxication similar to alcohol.

going to play cod write more later LOL if anyones interested in my thoughts

E

elmanito

Putting real medical knowledge about cannabis right next to mythical stories is a really bad idea.

Think again Cannabinoids (Cannabis) & endocannabinoids (human), so the same receptor for THC & Anandamide.

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Really? I'm surprised then that it hasn't been tried. I mean if the potential of a nuclear explosion were the issue you could always have a space platform where the nuclear powered ship was launched from and just shuttle the pilots to that using more conventional propulsion.

I'll agree that nuclear power would solve the problem of having enough fuel but I'm not sure it could be used in such away as to produce propulsion that would work in space.

Why not?

Energy is energy.

https://hcurci.wordpress.com/2010/0...d-will-probe-deeper-in-to-interstellar-space/

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran

Energy is energy but turning a motor that spins a wheel or propeller, is far different then thrust created by energy being converted into explosive force. Wheels in space won't get you anywhere, it's my understanding that a propeller in a vacuum won't get you anywhere and the only way I know of to get explosive force out of nuclear energy is to use it as a warhead. Maybe someday "IF" someone ever invents an impulse engine perhaps nuclear power could power that?

C

CheifnBud2

Propulsion powered by explosions isn't the key to warp speed. It has to do something with Magnetism, Gravity or some unexplained force. (Like purposely traveling into a black hole or some type of warp gate.)

My guess is if you could somehow amplify the effects of gravity, and control when to disengage from it or redirect the ship somehow then you could go faster than the speed of light. ( the speed of gravity )

Now, McKenna's theories on mushroom spores being from space at least have some sound scientific basis: spores, unlike seeds, can survive travel through the vacuum of space totally unharmed - and are tiny enough to catch a ride on a whole variety of celestial bodies.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
prior to the big bang and for over 1000's years our existance was described by a Greek philosopher to be from spores floating around space
wiki: Geogenesis and Exogenesis of life, or
Panspermia (Greek: πανσπερμία from πᾶς/πᾶν (pas/pan) "all" and σπέρμα (sperma) "seed") is the hypothesis that life exists throughout the Universe, distributed by meteoroids, asteroids, and planetoids.

Panspermia proposes that life that can survive the effects of space, such as extremophile bacteria, become trapped in debris that's ejected into space after collisions between planets that harbor life and Small Solar System Bodies (SSSB). Bacteria may travel dormant for an extended amount of time before colliding randomly with other planets or intermingling with protoplanetary discs. If met with ideal conditions on the new planets' surfaces, the bacteria become active and the process of evolution begins.[1] Panspermia is not meant to address how life began, just the method that may cause its sustenance.

The related but distinct idea of exogenesis (Greek: ἔξω (exo, "outside") and γένεσις (genesis, "origin")) is a more limited hypothesis that proposes life on Earth was transferred from elsewhere in the Universe but makes no prediction about how widespread it is. Because the term "exogenesis" is more well-known, it tends to be used in reference to what should strictly speaking be called panspermia.

BigBudBill

Propulsion powered by explosions isn't the key to warp speed. It has to do something with Magnetism, Gravity or some unexplained force. (Like purposely traveling into a black hole or some type of warp gate.)

My guess is if you could somehow amplify the effects of gravity, and control when to disengage from it or redirect the ship somehow then you could go faster than the speed of light. ( the speed of gravity )
My guess:worm holes(black holes?) as "shortcuts" or gateways as travel faster than the speed of light is impossible according to E=MC^2.

BigBudBill

Now, McKenna's theories on mushroom spores being from space at least have some sound scientific basis: spores, unlike seeds, can survive travel through the vacuum of space totally unharmed - and are tiny enough to catch a ride on a whole variety of celestial bodies.
What if the seeds were brought here(and other planets) intentionally in order to have a stash of genetics in case they were lost on the Homeworld?

E

el dub

Bigbudbill: What if people were brought here for the same purpose?

lw

B. Friendly

Veteran
Bigbudbill: What if people were brought here for the same purpose?

lw
Our governments/scientist(stephen Hawking) are looking to spread the Human Race beyond this planet to avoid a global disaster whipping our race out. So why would intellegent life on another planet not plan for the worst, looking outside their Solar System for suitable planets for life to flourish

HempKat

Veteran

Nobody ever said it was, however currently, that's about the only way nuclear power could be used for propelling a space ship. As I said and you are implying, perhaps if someone created an impulse engine nuclear power could power it? Alas nobody has created one and so faster then light speed travel in space for humans is a thing of science fiction and fairytales.

HempKat

Veteran
Our governments/scientist(stephen Hawking) are looking to spread the Human Race beyond this planet to avoid a global disaster whipping our race out. So why would intellegent life on another planet not plan for the worst, looking outside their Solar System for suitable planets for life to flourish

Perhaps because they decided to find ways to avoid a global disaster rather then run from it? Provided of course there even is intelligent life out there. Just because there are billions upon billions of planets out there and our planet has intelligent life, does not mean that one of those others must have intelligent life also. The odds may seem to favor it but they don't establish it as fact.

BigBudBill

My thoughts exactly.

B. Friendly

Veteran
Perhaps because they decided to find ways to avoid a global disaster rather then run from it? Provided of course there even is intelligent life out there. Just because there are billions upon billions of planets out there and our planet has intelligent life, does not mean that one of those others must have intelligent life also. The odds may seem to favor it but they don't establish it as fact.
I find it hard to think that I am here and nobody else is on another planet.

If I am here it is reasonable to beleive there is life on other planets

Cannot remember the name of the equation but there is reasonable estimated that 22 other planets in our Galaxy(milkway)alone should be supporting intellegent life,
Now multiply the billions of galaxies in the universe and it would only be reasonable from an extreme Pesimistic point of view that life is not only possible but obviously conceivable. Just because we have not found life with our microscopic technology does not mean it should be dismissed.
and the world is flat also.

for hundreds of millions of years life on earth looked up and saw the moon and recently we acheived landing on it. hmmmmmmmm