What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maria's Subtropical Outdoor Guerilla Grows with Connoisseur Genetics (Perpetual Journal)

Maria Sanchez

Free guano! 👌☺️

Haha! Yeah, someone mentioned that already.
Sounds like a good idea, but...

1. Me poking around under those bats, may lead to the guano landing on me, or the bats freaking out and flying everywhere. It's already freaky enough in the batcave, with most bats upside down asleep but a few flying around making batty squeaking sounds -- they have a wingspan of about +/- 40 cm from what I can see, and the two escape exits are a tiny hole 50 m down a dark, slippery and hole strewn driveway, or a slightly bigger hole up a dark slippery slope at the other end. Don't want to have to run out of there with a few hundred freaked out bats chasing after me.
2. Bats, and um, you know, the Covid bat-origins hypothesis? I have no idea how sanitary or otherwise these bats are. Edit: so, you know, Googling raw/fresh bat poop in your garden, sounds like it isn't too dangerous, but there are some pathogens which aren't much fun.
3. The guano would be raw, and there's no way I'm putting raw anything fertilizer on my plants (also see point 2). Would be great to have a proper composting pile, then I could use it with other organic matter.

I think they're new here, so maybe they just nest / live / 'hang out' here at certain times in the year. If one day it is clear of bats, they're all out (rescuing Gotham city or something), I may have a look and see if there's anything like old matured guano there. Then try to figure a way to cleanly and safely collect it, put it somewhere else to age (or whatever the word is), and use it 6 or 12 months down the road in a later grow.

TL,DR: I'm not going to use it now, but may think about a safe way to use it in the future.
:)

Last edited:

Hasch

learning and laughing
they're all out (rescuing Gotham city or something)
Am loving it!
your garden is showing an extreme case of "Exotic Sativa Flower Explosion",
And this 🥰

which is probably accompanied by excessive amounts of wild and enticing aromas and perfumes taking over your whole house! It will probably continue for weeks to come.
Not that much (yet?) and I've got a carbon filter running at the extration fan...

And an extra ventilation fan to combat the Botrytis (which uas raised its ugly head again a few days ago).
So the grow space is cooler and the air much more mixed up ...

Ok, just took a nose or three, the NewCaledonia is still sparkling terps, the fruity aromas + bubblegum have blended together a bit.

The ThaiChi + 2 Hon x pan are less savory, more dank cat pissy.

To be honest, my main concern is the high, not the nose...

PXL_20240415_114052078.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

HxP left side, compact buds, fall fade

PXL_20240415_114110346.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

HxP right side, airy bud pheno

PXL_20240414_162331677.RAW-01.MP.COVER~2.jpg

Terpy NC

Maria Sanchez

@Hasch

That first HonPan looks near ready, at least from the pistils. Though, she might do another round of flowering, which would chunk her up even more.

That NC looks like the Queen of the Tent (to me, at least).

Hope you can keep the RH issue under control. Dense heavy buds may look nice, but it's less stress with an open sativa flower, at least in my experience.

I love how the perfumes move and shift. I've got a bit of ammonia / catpiss as well, but the last time I stuck my nose in the Big Girl SSSTN, I was like, what's that??! She was already turning a bit more lemony on me, but this one had a slight sour bite --- wow, it's almost a lemon cheesecake, the sour bite is the dairy sourness to her. I had three bowls with my porta-bong, and that put me away for a while!

Hasch

learning and laughing
By the way, because of my troubles with the NC seeds, dubi was so kind to provide me with some Super Panama Haze and Zamaldelica A5 seeds 🤩👍🏼🪅

Was at a smoke session 2 days ago and someone brought Super Panama Haze.
Smooth daytime happy high but after some time there came some trippy qualities to the high, very interesting imo!

Looking forward to popping SPH and maybe the Zam A5 next run.

But then there's the Zacatecas Tribute seeds, a nice Panama cut I can get and some Humboldt Donutz + Hella Jelly waiting at the side lines.
What to do...

Maria Sanchez

By the way, because of my troubles with the NC seeds, dubi was so kind to provide me with some Super Panama Haze and Zamaldelica A5 seeds 🤩👍🏼🪅

O.M.G.! Too generous that guy!

Was at a smoke session 2 days ago and someone brought Super Panama Haze.
Smooth daytime happy high but after some time there came some trippy qualities to the high, very interesting imo!

Haha, you have some cool friends, I see.
I haven't really done a "Let's get high" session yet, most is three bowls in a bong.
That was a blast, but I know there's much more depth if I do more.
Just gotta find the right occasion -- set and setting, as the psychonauts call it.

Looking forward to popping SPH and maybe the Zam A5 next run.

Yes, do!!
Hehe, gotta admit I'm a bit jelly (jealous) there.

But then there's the Zacatecas Tribute seeds, a nice Panama cut I can get and some Humboldt Donutz + Hella Jelly waiting at the side lines.
What to do...

You're in Germany, right? Or ... Austria?
Just found out the kinds of cuts (clones) you can buy in the store in Austria --- wow!
Those Humboldt strains seem pretty awesome, if you're into Cali style weed.
I used to visit north Cal every now and then, and they do have some great herb, I must say.
But it's all high terp fruity / cakey / cookie flavored hybrids.
Hard to find a good straight up sativa there in most dispensaries (not that I've had the time to look very hard).

Something like a Humboldt hybrid crossed with a long long sativa could be very very interesting.
Get that F1 hybrid vigor going, medium length flower time, terps, thick buds, but more high than stoned.

I dream too much, never mind me....

Maria Sanchez

Look who's poking up through the long grass...

PXL_20240417_011525009.jpg

Since I still haven't prepared their site over at Garden 2, they're just going to have to stay hidden in the grass. Makes them tall and stretchy, but that's okay. The short ones should hopefully find a space to get some light and grow a bit more too. There are five of them in total -- Grail (fast pheno) x ThaiFrican.

Maria Sanchez

Garden 2

These five (three + two) Grail x ThaiFrican regs in the long grass.
They've put on height stretching for the sun, but almost no branching.
May top the taller three if they're here too long...

PXL_20240419_052452043.jpg

Site prepping.
Clearing in the forest, sloping down toward the south.
Looks like originally set out for growing some plants.
There are several giant bags of compost, like 1 cubic meter / yard = 1,000 L each.
Well root organic matter, eggshells, lovely consistency, well broken down.
Must have been here untouched for a few years.
There are larvae bigger than my whole thumb of what I guess to be stag beetles or rhinoceros beetles -- huge!

PXL_20240419_055956352.jpg

So I grabbed just about 10 L of that lovely compost.
Out in the middle, in some grasses and reeds, there are some nice places to dig.
Soil here is a touch clay, but actually quite soft and easily dug.
I think this site will require almost zero manual watering -- just leave it to Mother Nature.

Made two holes, about 10+ L each.
Dropped in the compost above 5 L each or so.
Mixed it in well.

First hole is a bit more yellow clay, but not bad at all!
Can see the original soil at the top, below is with compost mixed in.

PXL_20240419_060423804.jpg

Second hole is even better, softer and richer.

PXL_20240419_060537081.jpg

I'll let these sit a bit, as I haven't brought the plants to site yet.
Perhaps I can transplant them sometime next week if I'm lucky, otherwise the week after.
If I have to delay, then I'll top them even while they wait in the long grass.

~MJS

Last edited:

Maria Sanchez

Cloudy humid weather, with rain here and there, for the last few days continuing up to past this weekend.
No need to water or visit, lucky me!
The Grail x ThaiFrican regs at Garden 2 are still in the long grasses.
The two tallest ones were topped today (at about node five or maybe six, didn't check).
The three shorter ones left untopped, hope they catch up in height a bit.
May be a few days until they get planted out to the forever homes, probably next week.

Last edited:

Maria Sanchez

Had some heavy rain late last week, easy off over the weekend.
Now it's hot and sunny, but there should be enough water in the pots to keep them happy.
More rain forecast for Wednesday.

This means I don't have to visit to water Garden 1.
But it also means I haven't seen the plants for over two weeks!
They must be putting on a bit of height now.
I also wonder if they are showing sex at all, though seriously doubt any males would be dropping pollen.

Plans for the week:
Visit Garden 1 just to see how things are going, maybe sex plants, and possibly LST.
Take the Grail x ThaiFrican regs out to Garden 2 to plant them out.