What's new

MARCH MADNESS

B

bagseed77

ok , selection sunday next sunday , i hate to type so its real simple

fill out your brackets , 1 point for a win in the first line , 2 points for the next game , 3 for the next, and so on.maybe a contest (honor system, like golf)

does anyone want to start another thread with a poll or anything please do because i dont know how to.im just trying to get the BALL rolling so to speak.

go heels !!

B

bagseed77

am i the only damn basketball fan here, maybe it will pick up this weekend

o.gkushowns

18 and Doh!
Hey dude, nah i like college hoops aswell. i just didnt understand your post lol. anyway should be a good tournament. Isnt it wierd that Florida won the football and basketball title last year. thats a good athletic programme.
peace

B

bagseed77

do the brackets yourself at home and when the tourny starts , i say something like i got 18 points in the first round ( i pickicked 18 winners of the 34 games ), then 2 points for winners in the next,
we see who can pick the most winners , LOL i used to live in FL. and they are up there in every sport( not hockey)
who ever has the most points at the end wins bragging rights or seeds if someone puts them up. lets get this thing more organized, PLEASE someone , IM PC illiterate

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Well i think the Tarheells have a good shot...I'm a Memphis Tiger fan (hometown, alma mater)...and I am sick of getting screwed over...
2 years ago we get sent to the west coast (I live in Cali...so it was cool)...and had to play UCLA in Oakland ("Pauley Pavilion North")...last year we had Texas A & M in Texas (came out victorious)...

And this year we get stuck with the toughest region (Pitt worries me with their street-thug style) and the possibility of eliminating Texas in Houston (home game for them)

Here is my final four:

UNC
KU
Mem
Duke

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
Memphis has gotten screwed a few times the past few years but they definately have the firepower this year to handle all the South teams. Memphis vs. Pitt, if it happens, should be a great game but then having to play Texas in Houston will be tough. At least they are not in the East bracket... that side is loaded with great teams and UNC gets home games until the Final 4.

Elite 8
UNC Memphis
Louisville Texas
Kansas Uconn
Gtown Xavier

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Glad my Tigers open up in Little Rock...hell that's just a couple hiur drive away....we'll be well rested and comfortable being so close to home...kinda glad we have the toughest road...eliminates any doubt if we gut it out and get it done! If Pitt gets some refs calling ticky tack fouls (common in tourney...but can go either way, really) Pitt will be in trouble...some officiating crews in the tourney don't go for the wrestling and holding...

8 or 9 teams can win it this year...some of the pundits and talking b-ball heads say the talent level is down...I gotta disagree...these frosh-many of whom would have foregone college for the potential $$-. I'm glad the NBA raised the age limit....helps the college game...

Look at the impact of all the freshmen this year...O.J. Mayo (wasn't good enough to beat Mem :D), Michael Beasely at KSU, Derrick Rose of Mem, Kevin Love with UCLA, Devon Jefferson with USC...there have been some impact freshmen...and I think the fact that 8 or 9 teams can win it all is a reflection of the parity, largely in part to all these freshmen....

Yea the 1st round in the East has some good matchups:
Winthrop could pull of an upset over WSU...I like the Clemson/Villanova matchup in the Midwest...the one I'll wanna see is O.J Mayo (USC) vs Michael Beasely (KSU)

I expect to see an impact freshman in the finals....I hope it's Mem v UNC Tarheels....Derrick Rose (Freshman-G) vs. Ty Lawson...now that would be a matchup!!!

B

bagseed77

glad to see some action finally, heres my 8,

unc -tenn
kansas-georgetown
memphis - kentucky( wifes fav)
ucla duke

btown

1v2 1v2 1v2 1v8 never gonna happen look, at the history 1 and 2 never make it in all 4 reigons better fine tune ur picks(1vs1 hardly ever happens cant remember last time it did) got mine filled out good luck in your respective tournaments!

B

bagseed77

today is the day, get your beers and snacks, the bowl should already be in your pockets ,

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Well, my final four is still intact with KU and Duke pulling out wins....
Gotta give props to Belmont for one helluva game...down the stretch Duke's tradition and winning attitude took over...that drive right down the lane...
Kentucky gave it a valiant effort....as did Georgia...two SEC teams goin' home...
Michael Beasely is the player of the year....hands down...

Considering North Carolina has veritable home games throughout the East regional...the heels should make it to the final four, easily...
-VT- said:
Winthrop could pull of an upset over WSU...
WSU 71 Winthrop 40
Ok...I was way off :biglaugh:

B

bagseed77

i had winthrop to win one, they did good last year, they are local so i picked them,stupid, i had kentucky because of tradition(always good), mistake, oh well,im an acc freak so i have a duke unc final, it will never happen but i can still dream, what is up with mike and mike espn, dude did like 50 brackets , i have 1

trouble

Veteran
Yesterday, I got lucky and only had 2 teams knocked-out of my best bracket Georgia & Kent. I have another one that I lost 4 games on.

Today, on my good bracket I have:

Memphis
Arkansas
Clemson
Louisville
St. Marys
Mississippi St.
UNC
Vandy
St.Joesph
Texas
CONN.
South Alabama
Drake
Gonzaga
Tennessee
G-TOWN

Enjoy the games everyone! :wave:

........................................................................................................

Last edited:

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
Went 14 of 16 on my brackets yesterday. Only missed on USC/KSU and BYU/Texas A&M. Duke pulled out a squeaker yesterday and I have them going to the elite 8 but I seriously doubt that will happen. West Virginia will give them fits if Belmont hung with them.

Upset pick of the day: Villanova over Clemson :)

B

bagseed77

nova beat tennesse, ilost 5 games yesterday

g mason
usc
arizona
kentuckee
winthrop