What's new

Marc Emery Surrenders, To Face Extradition to US

nlvigour

Looking forward to seeing Marc a free man

Looking forward to seeing Marc a free man

Why is it that when ever I see a decrimnalization or legalization poll on the CBC, CTV, Bourque News, CNN, BBC, or any other media outlet there are more proponents in favour of a more regulated or tollerant approach to marijuana than those who favour stricter penalties.

I hope the Honorable Rob Nicholson will take the case under reconsideration as it shoud never have even proceeded this far.

Any sensible person will tell you that the laws surrounding marijuana do more harm than the substance itself.

I'm flabergasted that the legislation currently being enacted under bill C-15 was pushed through despite the opposition of constituents which parlimentarians are supposed to represent.

The extradition of Marc Emery is miscarriage of justice and reinforces the fact that elected officials are are increasinly out of touch with the electorate.

I applaud Marc for his actions, offer my condolences to his wife, and hope that people will push for the eradication of the existing and counter productive laws surrounding marijuana.

I have a sneaking suspicion that hobby gardeners; young and old will double-up their efforts and become ever unwavering in their belief that the preservation of genetic diversity the government is desperately trying eradicate will supersede any dysfunctional legislation being imposed from our elected officials.

Until next spring....

Kind Regards

bubbleman

Veteran
Marc Emery Taken into Custoday Today!!!

Marc Emery Taken into Custoday Today!!!

Marc Emery has been taken into Custoday today IN vancouver.
A sad day indeed for the cannabis community>
I know alot of you have negative things to say about Marc... but botton line for people in the scene here in vancouver... felt very differntly.
Today marc stepped into the court at 10am and was taken into custoday where he will await transfer to Seattle washington.

here are a few links on the story.

www.cannabisculture.com

http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainment/Gallery+Marc+Emery+tearful+goodbye/2043934/story.html

Marc is said to be serving a 5 year sentence down in the US> a country he never even once visited .
Serious soveriegnty issue's at stake here.. when the US can police in any country they choose... guess im not overly surprised..

Also Marc had a going away party a few weeks prior that i managed to record some of with my iphone.. feel free to check out those video's here

www.qik.com/bubbleman

Peace
Bubble man

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
FUCK YOU AMERICA!
FUCK YOU DEA!!!!

this is complete crap, i cant believe canada is going along with this nazi bullshit.
5 years isnt bad compared to the rumored life sentences i've heard in the past but its still 5 years!
5 years of life this man has to sacrafice to DEA and the Supreme court and for what!?
saving others lives?? giving the people what they want, helping others not live in pain!!

this shit has gone too far. bottom line

Rollin Face

...so they finally got him. I cant believe they actually extradited him...goes to show that no one is safe even outside US borders.

antimatter

Veteran
I think were gonna be stuck with harper for a long while..confidence votes are a joke with iggy Canada doesn't want another election.

Dice 420

It's sickning to no that the American gov is wasteing time and money on nothing.

Lets vote and see if he should go jo jail. I vote no.

H

humboldtlocal

No one deserves jail time for anything relating to the herb. No matter what your views of ME are I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

fatigues

Veteran
"An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

DankSide

he comes off to me as a bit egomaniacal and kind of a prick, but its always sad to see a supporter get taken.

Marijuana related arrests are 100% bullshit

nephilthim

yea tax my weed so we can have more great goverment or maybe pay for the state,county,and municipalities to fuck over more people and put them behind bars.we do have to retain our position of incarcerating more people than any other western nation.:fsu:

SoCoMMJ

The US government is no longer for the people... they are just there to control the people.

We lock up more of our citizens than any other country in the world. We have only 5% of the total world population, but house 25% of the world's prisoners. I think we have forgotten why this country was founded.

"Land of the Free"... What a freakin joke!

Only thing is nobody is laughing.

Dirt Magirt

I did 5 years for cultivation, I have been out for 2 and I still ain't right. It changed me in a bad way. It made me mean, I'm like a time bomb. When I was arrested I had worked at the same place for 8 years, now in the 2 years I've been out I have had probably 10 jobs. I"m a mess and they did this to me.

This is what they don't understand, you take a person that got along and never hurt anyone, put them in with killers, rapist, real criminals.... and turn them into a maniac.

It is insane.

Peace be with your friend Marc.