What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maple Leaf Garden - 2008

G

Hey bro sounds like you have been taking notes on how to F a plant up from my threads?????

Don't worry they'll be just fine!!! At least you didn't kill them!!!

I know how you feel about having your grow kicked outside where it's cold as hell!!!

Looking good
GCG

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
sorry to hear about the probs bro, but they do look like they'll recover fine, esp. when u got the skillz!!!lolThose Mumbles look like they had the same prob mine did, they are just startin to grow out of it now!!Good luck man, ill be watchin that AfgooeyxSD cross...YUM!!!..Ilove Afgooey, and with some SD mixed in, u should get a great mixed high...peace man

- Z

K

Karma Genetics

I am sure you can get them back and running again.

We all get things like this from time to time. It's the problem we have to do everything in secret because of the law. If it was legal we all would grow in the open and could invest as much as we could. Maybe one day we can all grow free.

Power to the Growers....

Good luck with the grow.

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
:wave: It's great you guys were gentle on me

NorthernKronic - Thanks bro :smile:
Yes...that should be the very same WW Core used to make his cross. Quality Seeds White Widow - F2's by Core if I remember correctly.
I'll get these babies into shape :petting:

Sammet - I guess it wouldn't be a grow diary without adding the mistakes right?
Definately resilient plants :yoinks: They must have been sitting at 50C for about an hour :nono: I would have even been cooked by then.
Rookie mistake by a not so rookie grower...oops :bat:
Thanks for the vote of confidence :smile:

Dr Dog - That's what bummed me out most. These plants were freezing cold for the first month of their lives then one day...bang...50C :yoinks:
Those plants aren't growing faster than one another, damage was so bad on some..they had to be cut back (topped) and have fan leaves removed. Honestly I'm surprised Mumbles-1 even lived.
Thanks for believing in me bro...I'm hoping in just a short few weeks all is forgotten about this incident.
I'm sure you'll be waking up momentarily :smile:

garlic city gro - :laughing: I take it you've pulled some boner stabones lately too?
I wouldn't know :bat: It's been a while since I've been to your thread :whip: I'm bad. I've been back in the mix though...I owe you a visit.
You're always right :wink: They'll be fine...just cost me a week or 2 in time is all.
At least we're still growing bro! :canabis: Always will!

ZeusOGrefugee - Thanks bro...it's great to know you guys can count on me to turn these plants around.
Yeah, our Mumbles looked quite the same...till I gone and fried mine :pointlaug You see now I had same issues with mine...and you're right, it's normalizing now.
We'll get an official smoke report in a few weekd from Dr Dog :lurk:
I'm really hoping Afgoo x StrawD is a lady...last time I tried at those beans I got 2 males :badday: I'm running low on them too.
Always great of you to visit :D

Karma Genetics - Many thanks my friend :smile:
A great post :yes:
All so true. I could go into a whole rant right now supporting the millions of reasons cannabis should be as free as a blade of grass :biglaugh:
Thanks for pepping me up this morning!

You guys are great! It's always great to know someone believes in you and supports you 100% in what you're doing...especially when there is so much negativity directed at our beloved plant. Thanks Guys! :smile:

:wave:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya TML :wave:
Hey, nice shiny new thread you got here! Sorry about the Krispies - been there, got the T-Shit - :yoinks: As you say I'm sure they will recover, and will not complain of the cold ever again :laughing: Happens to the best of us... You can't tell from the pics in my thread ( I'm been lazy about hauling out the bigger plants for pics ) - I have an infestation of thrips and just didn't notice it - the bottom 1/2 of the C13 is well trimmed I could say :pointlaug: hidden in the back of the cab only showing her head I missed it. :spank: Whoda thunk in the winter time???

I bet your plants will recover quickly, still early in their flowering life - be keepin my fingers xed...

i_score

sorry to ear about the heat problem TML, im shure they will bounce back, make shure you boost the humidity levels on them for a wile so that thy recover faster, best of luck bro!

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Best Of 2007

Best Of 2007

MGJ - Thanks for the confidence :smile:
Sorry to hear about the borg :no: Not the time of year you should have to be fighting a war.
Plants are starting to look a little better already. A couple days till an update and we should see some decent improvement.
Thanks for helping us break in the new pad.

i_score - Thanks!
A great tip! :bow: I'm going to go throw a cup of water in there with them and give'em a misting...help raise humity a tad.
Glad ya stopped by :wave:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Best Of 2007

I figured the thread could get boring these first couple of weeks being nothing but vegging and cab configuration.
So, I went back through the remnants of the melted Igloo and found some of my favourite budshots from 2007.
Hope you enjoy :lurk:

Blueberry
7622Blueberry-1_Day_60_Flower-4.jpg

7622Blueberry-1_Day_60_Flower-5.jpg

Freeze
7622Freeze_Flower_Day_52-5.jpg

Grape
7622Grape_Flower_Day_52-3.jpg

Cheezy Bastard
7622Cheezy_Bastard-1_Day_65_Flower-8.jpg

7622Cheezy_Bastard_2_Day_55_Flower-5.jpg

Pacific Shark
7622Pacific_Shark_Day_62_Flower-3.jpg

7622Pacific_Shark-A_Last_Day_Of_Flower-5.jpg

Trainwreck x Strawberry Diesel
7622TWxSD_Day_64_Flower-5.jpg

Purple Bastard
7622Purple_Bastard-1_Day_73_Flower-3.jpg

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heya TML....yea man i love the new place....but i'm sorry to hear of that mishap...but 2 be honest they don't look crips from a hps :chin:....2 be honest i just see some nasty nutrient burns.....are you shure you did't go overboard on the nutes?...atleast it looks like it from here..
could be mistaken though...Nway no offence intended ey..you gotte know that by now :smile:

Last edited:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya TML :wave:
Thanks for the Budshot 2007 recap - have to say you grew some primo bud in 2007 - each of these pictures is a fuzzy snowy looker - trying to scrape off some trichs to stuff in the vape :biglaugh: Looking forward to more sexy budshots in 2008! :canabis:

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
:rasta: Outstanding!!!! nice frosty buds TML, i'm loving the looks of them especially the bluberry. :bongsmi: :canabis: Nice selection of intresting strains there.. mmmh.
take care pal! :wave:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm gutted I missed the photos of that pacific shark, that's an incredible plant. And the Blueberry too. And the Cheesy Bastard. And the rest :D Man, they just all look incredible. It'll be great to see what you produce in 08. :wave:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Karma Genetics said:
wow thats nice i realy like the look of that Freeze
Yeah me too, I think I will pop some of those next, see what I can do with them

Talk soon brother

G

awesome TML! :smile: im digging the new set-up! im glad to see you got a afgooey x straw d going. that was my favorite between that and ecsd x straw d. i dropped a couple pics in a thread of yours awhile ago but since lost that gallery. :wink: good luck in the new year bro.

twistedtree

Holy Shit!!! :wave: Man, it's been a long frickin' time, dude. Hope you had a splendid holiday season. I did. So did my kids. My son got every damn thing he wanted for christmas...literally. Gotta love grandparents. I'm glad I caught this thread early. Hopefully I'll be around more often. It's funny, now that I'm back in school, I visit this site much more. I guess because I'm on the computer alot more. Anywho, can't wait to see these babies recover and reach their full potential. :wave: :joint:

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
:wave: It's always awesome to get a good reaction

Core - Shit happens :bat:
I've only ever used 5-1-1 fish ferts bro. Don't even know if you could burn a plant with those if you tried. Usually when I overfert...leaves curl. Plus...I do remember leaving them in a 50C cab for an hour or so :pointlaug
I know you're just looking out for me man :wink:
We'll make sure they are well recovered and look pretty for you this week.

Mr GreenJeans - Hehehe, That's my form of re-runs (duck)
I'm working hard right now at making sure I can try to pull off some of the same calibre nugs this year. Hopefully even better with a little extra experience :canabis:
Thanks for enjoying :smile:

StonedGrunt55 - It's too bad my Blueberry is no longer with us :badday:
It's nice to have all the variety though :jump:
Thanks bro

Karma Genetics - You have a good eye then :wink:
Freeze is local genetics rumoured to be based out of Montreal. I've also heard it refered to in Toronto as "Freezeland". Makes for great outdoors grows...and as I found out this year...great indoors too!
Thanks eh :smile:

Sammet - I had a very fun spin with the Pacific Shark (Jade Mikado X Great White Shark) You'll be seeing more of her in the future, most likely in summer of this year.
Glad I could tease you with what should be another great year of growing :woohoo:

Dr Dog - I always found Freeze to come in wispy from the outdoors grows. I love it mostly for taste. I was very surprised how much more dense and potent it grew indoors :canabis:
Get ready for some lemon/mint yumminess :yummy:

twistedtree - Great to hear from you bro! :wave:
Nice to hear everything is going well for you on the homefront :yes: The holidaze were good to us both.
I'm glad you're back visiting more often...always enjoy your company. Plus...I'm envious of some of your genetics :yummy: Can't wait to see what you got for us next summer :lurk:

Made some amendments to the cab today...I'll get some pics together sometime today and bore you all with the technical details.
Routine stuff if you're gonna keep a proper grow log :confused:

Thanks for the visits everyone :wave:

Heya TML
Been lurking your other thread, wasn't a member back then.
I figured i'd say :wave:
I also like the look of that Freeze, do you know if i could get those seeds in europe??
BTW: your threads started me out as a grower, i decided i only needed a 250 HPS, mainly based on your pictures :rasta: !
Alright enough :kissass:
Greetz Low

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran

Welcome to ICmag High Lowlander!
Ahhh....another fan of the Freeze. The Freeze isn't seedbank specific, and actually Freeze is just what we call it around here because every autumn we are flooded with it.
My original "Freeze" seeds came from bagseeds. It was "accidentally" stabilized in an outdoor grow where the males we're left too long.
After testing these seeds...I've deemed them viable and definately worthy of an addition to any garden :canabis:
Thanks much for the compliments :redface: If you're going completely personal...then a 250W should be all you need :yes: Glad I could help and glad to have you along in the therads :smile:

Looks like I'll have a bit of time today...I'm gonna get out and some pics soon of the small cab amendments
8378smiley-takephoto.gif

See ya in a bit :wave:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey bro, my first look at the freeze. My buddy said it was floating around Montreal a few years ago and the outdoor wasn't that great at all. From what I see your indoor go with it looks awesome. You had a great year man, lots of great stains, wish you the best with your grows in 2008.

B/R

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Cab Amendments

Cab Amendments

BR - Thought you had been around for the Freeze grow :confused:
Your buddy is right :biglaugh: The outdoor commercial grown Freeze usually comes in leafy and sometimes even seeded. Sometimes you can find just the right bud though and the taste was unbeatable.
I figured there was a reason those guys grew it in such mass quantities. So, I decided to grow it out myself. With proper growing and curing, I must say it is a very pleasant and satisfying strain.
Thanks bro :wink:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cab Amendments

7622Cab_amendments.jpg

^ You guys weren't sposed to get another look at the plants for a few days :spank: Wanted a couple more days to make them look better...so don't look. Focus on the cab here, that is the purpose of this post.

- Batwing reflector was removed. I felt it was blocking too much airflow to the exhaust. Whole cab is reflectex anyways. Light just bounces around in there.
- 2 PC fans added. You can see the one visible right underneath the HPS bulb. I felt it would help push the hot air forming under the bulb towards the fan to be blown upwards to be exhausted. The other is just above the CFL. It's only a small one (cpu fan from an old P1 :yoinks: ) It's just temporary and in there because I had it and just daisy-chained it in so easily. Snap-on.
- PC fan electric connection was moved to inside of cab power bar. I did this for multiple reasons: 1. I added it to be on the timer with other fans and 125W bulb. I could have also done this on outside of cab, but would have had to add a power bar out there.
2. I could daisy-chain the other PC fans added off same electrical connection (ac power adapter). 1 adapter is now running 3 PC fans
3. I wanted it on a timer because at lights out my goal is to keep warm in for as long as possible.
- Little paint cans were a temporary fix to allow a little more air to be sucked up by the circulation fan. The circulation fan will eventually have to be fixed somewhere on the cab out of the way.
- Added cup of water

It did allow me a few more degrees to play with. Running floor temps of 26C.
Humidity is still low even with mistings and a cup of water left to evaporate in there. I'm decently satisfied with the 45-50% lights on and 60% lights out. Will be great for flower.
I did a lights out test and moved my lighting schedule to 22-2. After 2 hours of darkness it was still 15C in the cab. I'm hoping it can hold that temp all 12 hours :ying: I may remind you it's 1-2C in the Garage.
I think all my solutions can be cured (even for summer) with the simple addition of a 80mm PC fan intake.

In other news...I got to try some Green Crack yesterday :yummy: Very nice :joint: I don't know anything about it, but it sure tastes like a Kush to me :rasta:

Thanks for paying attention :lurk: