What's new

manicureing before harvest, and 2 week dark period question

DR.Purple

i want to find out what will happen if i manicure my plants before i put them into a 1-2 week dark period after there fully grown, will it reduce thc production etc or will it make any difference atall ?
and what about the 1-2 weeks could i leave the plants without water for the whole 1 or 2 weeks to totaly stress it out ? i want as much thc and cbd and cbn as possible. water or no water ?
any info or feedback is highly appreciated seriously.
thanks in advance guys.
DR.P.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
1-2 weeks of dark? I've heard and done 24 hours, not weeks. I harvest on the dry side not dying. You read that here?

vukman

Veteran
umm....you put them in the dark for 1-2 weeks and when you come back chances are you'll find everything on the floor dried up...... 1-2 days dark I've heard and even that is a debatable topic. Some people swear by it and others say it's all BS.

I personally haven't tried it. I might down the if I can find some sound scientific evidence to support the action. I have to reiterate that the 1-2 weeks is a big fat no-no. I would love to see the post or article where you read that...

vukman

señorsloth

Veteran
lol you guys got it wrong it's not 1 to 2 weeks, the old saying says 1-2 fortnights... i generally ripen mine all the way then go for about 28 days in the dark...

i like to put mine in a closet, and then i blow weed smoke into the closet every day to make the plant stronger...there are many other little known tricks, if you have access to syringes...you can actually inject automotive transmission fluid into the base of the stem, about an inch above the soil...this will give you almost double the normal potency...with the 2-4 week dark period and this trick together i was able to get almost 50% thc! also, you can install a small speaker in your grow, doesn't have to be more than a few inches big, and pipe in NPR all day, it's been known for a long time now that plants love public radio and staying informed on world issues...they don't really like fundraiser week though so look out for that!

one thing i have heard of but never tried is to take your next pack of seeds, put it in your pocket, and go on a road trip to disneyworld, if you meet mickey mouse, pluto, and then minni mouse, IN THAT ORDER and get facebook pics of yourself hugging these characters with the seeds still in your pocket...then you have to make sure you eat a churro wrapped in bacon before the trip home...after that your seeds will come out feminized...it's actually much more effective to go to a canadian pop concert...Justin Beiber or Celene Dion...but you could actually suffer from PTSD really bad after doing something that stupid...

have you tried pooping on your buds? it's like this magical foliar mix designed by nature, everything in your poop is treasure to these girls, you can even go to websites like "2girls1cup.com or 2girls1finger.com" and after pooping in a red solo cup, you can spread your feces smoothly over your plants by mixing water in with the poop and straining into a spray bottle...a little pee never hurt either!

and my final sorta secret underground growing secret is bleach...people don't realize...thats all GH flora nova is! just add a quarter cup to each gallon of water and you get the same results as the lucas formula for pennies on the nickel!@

sso

Veteran
my lamp went out the other day (wires, melted, in the reflector.)

plants went about 4 days without a proper light (then i put up a 400w mh, long story why the melted wires kept me from putting up the proper lamp for a week.)

anyways, a few days after the lights went on, the plants were looking bit stretched (start of flowering when this happened.)

and the top leaves were all burnt looking and some of the top growth dead. (took them some time to die.)

you know, ive read this, about leaving them in the dark, even some seedvendor (only one though and i forget the name) recommends leaving them for weeks in the dark.

it might be somewhat different, at the end of flowering, but this tends to make me think that you´d just get damaged and dry plants at the end of this. (weeks of darkness.)

if you insist on doing this, you might want to do a checkup every other day, seeing if the process is happening as you wish.

maybe using a low wattage green bulb to light your way.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
is this shit for real ?! this sounds insaine to me ?!

LOL!

man, he's fucking with you.

what you proposed is not a good practice... where did you read that? or who told you? wherever that info came from, it came from someone pretty clueless.

think of it this way: suppose you have a vine, and it's 'flowering', so it's full of grapes... if you leave these grapes on the vines for too long, the fruit will start rotting and deteriorating, right? if you take it too early, it might be too sour and acidic; you need to harvest them at the proper time, when the plant is still healthy, and when the fruit is ripe... you never find good ripe fruit on a plant starved of light and water.

be good!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
You want increased potency before harvest? Back your lights off a bit more each day... for the last 7 to 10 days.

You'll be amazed at how much better they smell and more potent they are.

The rest of the 'extended dark' stuff is just crap... unless your growing environment sucks. A lot of plants look great after 24hrs of dark because they're just super happy to not be fried all the time for a bit.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Relentless

Veteran
2 weeks of dark is insane.. dont do it.. depending on when u flowered it could bring on bud rot.. go with 24hrs of dark..

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
i want to find out what will happen if i manicure my plants before i put them into a 1-2 week dark period after there fully grown, will it reduce thc production etc or will it make any difference atall ?
and what about the 1-2 weeks could i leave the plants without water for the whole 1 or 2 weeks to totaly stress it out ? i want as much thc and cbd and cbn as possible. water or no water ?
any info or feedback is highly appreciated seriously.
thanks in advance guys.
DR.P.

I did this just as you described and it turned out being a mistake. I flush my plants really well usually so that they are covered in yellow fan leaves with the buds light but not yellow. Well, by doing this the yellow leaves moved into the buds and some started to cause mold issues. I noticed this after three days in complete dark. Most buds were still okay but not too pretty. Also, some had to be discarded because of mold.

Just my experience, but what probably made things worse was the dehumidifier was not emptied every day like it should have been, so for the last two days of darkness it was more humid than usual. Hope this gives you some food for thought, goog luck!

TGT

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Oh, you were talking weeks, I thought days. Ya, I would not do that.

TGT

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
want increased potentancy grow better strains plain simple

2wks of dark at end of plants life sounds to me like a dumb stoner who believes he can grow because he smokes and has read some. bad idea

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I would like to know more...how much distace?

A few inches a day. By the end of 10 days the lights are usually at least 4' away. Not far enough for stretching to set in (at that stage of flower) but far enough to drastically reduce the infra-red levels.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

T

TribalSeeds

lol at tranny fluid. need mercon 3 or 4 for that? maybe honda autotrans fluid? hmmm

See ya'll disbelievers simply got the "Herbin' Legend" wrong... Its literally "tranny fluid", not transmision fluid...
Get yourself some fluid from a tranny out in hollywood to reverse hermies, not feminize seeds.

How did trying to destroy these plants in the OP work out?

whodare

Veteran
lol you guys got it wrong it's not 1 to 2 weeks, the old saying says 1-2 fortnights... i generally ripen mine all the way then go for about 28 days in the dark...

i like to put mine in a closet, and then i blow weed smoke into the closet every day to make the plant stronger...there are many other little known tricks, if you have access to syringes...you can actually inject automotive transmission fluid into the base of the stem, about an inch above the soil...this will give you almost double the normal potency...with the 2-4 week dark period and this trick together i was able to get almost 50% thc! also, you can install a small speaker in your grow, doesn't have to be more than a few inches big, and pipe in NPR all day, it's been known for a long time now that plants love public radio and staying informed on world issues...they don't really like fundraiser week though so look out for that!

one thing i have heard of but never tried is to take your next pack of seeds, put it in your pocket, and go on a road trip to disneyworld, if you meet mickey mouse, pluto, and then minni mouse, IN THAT ORDER and get facebook pics of yourself hugging these characters with the seeds still in your pocket...then you have to make sure you eat a churro wrapped in bacon before the trip home...after that your seeds will come out feminized...it's actually much more effective to go to a canadian pop concert...Justin Beiber or Celene Dion...but you could actually suffer from PTSD really bad after doing something that stupid...

have you tried pooping on your buds? it's like this magical foliar mix designed by nature, everything in your poop is treasure to these girls, you can even go to websites like "2girls1cup.com or 2girls1finger.com" and after pooping in a red solo cup, you can spread your feces smoothly over your plants by mixing water in with the poop and straining into a spray bottle...a little pee never hurt either!

and my final sorta secret underground growing secret is bleach...people don't realize...thats all GH flora nova is! just add a quarter cup to each gallon of water and you get the same results as the lucas formula for pennies on the nickel!@

Who the fuck downvoted this. This is hilarious, and dripping wih sarcasm if ya couldn't tell.

Lol feces and bleach ahahaha

I

ItsTopShelf

i take all fans off. leave everything else.. gives it a long enough dry .. i like to let hang for 7-10 days.. longer the dry the better i feel my taste and smell is..