What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mango Thai by The Real Seed Company

musigny23

I’m up in the North Bay. Sorry to hear your plants are having troubles. I haven’t watered mine in over a week since there has been a little rain and heavy fog. No mold so far!!

Definitely up there for me in terms of flower time but I don’t mind too much about that. Hoping for some super trippy S.E.Asian effects.

Thank you and best of luck with you flower my friend, hope they pull through for you :)

Yes these are about as mold resistant as it gets. Nothing, nada, zero mold which is really important for a long flowering type.

I don't mind the long flowering other than that it means the weather needs to cooperate into the rainy season as much as possible.

The other thing about long flowering types is keeping them healthy for such a long time. In pots they exhaust the soil and keeping them happy gets harder and harder towards the end. In the ground, well, here the sandy clay based soil tends to get used up also. All the organic amendments from spring are gone as if they were never there.

Here, nature would never support these vigorous fast growing plants. The natural ones all die by June. Growing these means working against what nature supports but with human help of course it can be done, but it isn't easy.

You must be in a nice microclimate. I will get some decent results but looks you will get closer to the plants full potential, especially with yield.

I'm very curious about the potency and effects these will have.

acespicoli

I wonder what has been lost by culling hermies in the trippy landraces. Maybe just some unwanted seeds but it does make you wonder.

without a doubt some of the lightly seeded primo "sensimilla" strains
lumbo and panama

had some barely seeded brick weed that was excellent prob seeded by hermis

harvestreaper

Veteran
My male is now showing female bits :violin:
Looks like I’ll be using it anyway

same as mine ,,my females were also fine ,,out of a few testers from the hermi male ,,1 pure mt full blown hermi female ,, 1hermi uhkrul cross culled have two mt x uhkruls showing no hermi traits so out of 5 offspring 2 x hermis 2 regular one still unsexed

Element115

Is it possible there are not even any or very few pure males to be found in this line anyway?
If this is the case would that have been a selected for trait over many generations ?
It would make sense from a production point of view to have a plant that produces some weight and also acts as pollinator in place of a pure male taking up space but producing no value.....

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I wonder what has been lost by culling hermies in the trippy landraces. Maybe just some unwanted seeds but it does make you wonder.
I bought some fully seeded buds in the mid 80s that just made you laugh. It was the happiest pot I ever had. I grew one plant which was fully hermie but it was stolen and I have no idea what happened to the rest of the seeds. I'd grow that in a heartbeat, and would happily pick out the seed to get that high back again.

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

mango thai/laos purple pheno 16 weeks

AspenGas

Last Spring the Mango Thai that was available from RSC was from a reproduction seed run. I tried 4 seeds and got four females. I grew them outside in fabric smart pots. They vegged well, did a big stretch, and flowering really kicked in around the 3rd week of September.

Maybe it was the limited root zone of the pots but they were essentially done 8 weeks later in mid November. New white pistil growth was done and leaving them longer would have meant watching them weather and degrade.

Great citrusy ripe fruity terpenes and classic sativa effect, strong but also clear without much body effect.

This year I have the newer direct from the source seeds. All 4 germinated and are established seedlings. I'm also going to be growing the new Highland Lao and Lao Gold that just became available. I'm old enough to remember the classic Thai sticks and I'm hoping to find the strain closest to the best ones.

Please post pics Musigny.

AspenGas

Here's a couple pics of one of my Mango Thai plants. This one is closer to done I think. It actually looks better in the photos than it appears when you're looking at it.

Yield isn't going to be great, not much meat on these. I think you can see some sorta white pistils and this isn't all the way done but I don't think it's going to go much further before it starts going down hill.

View Image]View Image[/url]

View Image]View Image[/url]
Sorry, found em.
WOW!

harvestreaper

Veteran
Are you still on 11.5 hours of light ?

i am indeed ,,this run has been a nightmare ,pests ,drought ,power cuts even had a light leak no fault of plants ,,could also partly be maturity as cuts off the same plants in same room seem to be finishing between around 16 to 18 weekish

Last edited:

Element115

Power outages are a worry for me also I should try to make a small battery powered LED backup device on timer also as a failsafe.
Is there anything like that already on the market that anyone knows of ?
I’ve stressed my male out a fair bit too with mistreatment and that seems to have set it back also no pollen yet

Miasa Mura

Mangooo

Mangooo

Purple pheno:D

Attachments

• FE807B21-1461-4444-B815-9AA59B12E9D4.jpg
    FE807B21-1461-4444-B815-9AA59B12E9D4.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 382A5F41-4AFE-43AF-A871-8870C4FFC4DD.jpg
    382A5F41-4AFE-43AF-A871-8870C4FFC4DD.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 52C75AFE-7B03-4E5F-94E1-CDF95E3D1C0E.jpg