What's new

Mango Sativa style - Grow/Smoke Report

G

truly, an excellent smoke report blue... i want mango even more now. :D

Hello my dear!
It's a pleasure to read your smoke-reports... but even more to taste directly the products :yummy: lol
I'm a lucky guy!
Bacioni
:wave:

G

guest123

well it doesnt get much better than that , absolutely top notch report , but no real mango smell blue ???

G

oh wow, just noticed all the lovely people who've stopped by here!

Thanks to all of you. :yes:

Wally, these Mangos smell strongly of oranges and nothing like Mangos. Mangos are part of my heritage as I hail from the tropics, and I've sampled countless varieties....none of them similar to my Mango plants in taste. Just oranges, unripe oranges, on the sour side, kind of like the peel. :smile:

The sativa pheno that went 92 days is completely different from the other two in everything except for appearance when the plant was growing. The buds are even more sativa in appearance, a bit more airy, very large, the color is a bit browner and the smell is earthy. The taste however has absolutely no orange to it, rather its your typical floral sativa bouquet, not overpowering, and very pleasant. Soaring sativa high, not sitdown effect to it, good creative weed. I'll have to get a proper report of her up here, not much time lately, but I'll see if I can remedy :wink:

G

Saw my friend Picasso put up a pic of his birthday present on OG, so I borrowed it :D

Ladies and Gentlemen....Blue's three Mango plants are represented below:

1562Mango07.jpg

Pic by my homie Picasso :D

The two large buds to be seen on the left and right are from the mega-Sativa pheno, you can clearly see the different bud structure and color. The darker nug in the middle below is from the second Mango to be harvested, one week after the first, which is the lighter colored nug above :wink:

Last edited:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Out of those 3 which was your fav?

they alll look sooo tasty. great pic btw, i love the composition

mhhmmmm mangos... i think im goin to go eat one right now. best fruit ever. :wave:

G

bartender, as the first two were harvested a week from each other, I did a preliminary test after two weeks in the jars, and a week apart. After two weeks cure I was enjoying the first Mango (top middle bud) the most, it just drenched the mouth with this super strong orange flavor. The second Mango was sort of harsh and less flavorful. After a months cure, and at present (first two have been curing two months now, the sativa pheno little over a month) I must say the second Mango has become my favorite. The first Mango's taste has mellowed quite a bit and the orange flavor is a bit sour. The second Mango has lost all harshness and has cured to a burst of concentrated orange and butterscotch which I find scrumptious!

The sativa Mango is so different I can't even compare it to the other two...pure sativa floral bouquet, very nice, soaring creative high, its good, but IMO does not have that....thing...that makes her stand out...kinda missing something if you know what I mean.

The other two have pizzazz for sure, not supreme weed to me, but excellent nonetheless. They pack a helluva punch!

Hi Miss xxbluexx,
glad you like that photo!
I feel sad watching it again because it reminds me that now those buds are all gone in smoke lol :D
You know you can borrow and do what you want with all my pics my dear.. it's an honor :wink:
Greetings to you, Smokey, wallyduck and all!
Ciao :wave:

G

Hi Blue! Nice to see you around. Your reports always bring class and stature to the forum. My Mango the two females I have were one of each, one perfect looking indica and one taller thinner sativa pheno. Both had the same taste and potency. I hope you have enough to last the summer. I stop for a month to go to the 420 and I''m scraping the bottom of my jars now. (Harvest please hurry)!!

Hi Picasso, glad to see you here too.

Last edited:
G

Hey Smokey, always nice to see you drop by, and I know you keep track of what's shakin' in your forum :D.

Just wanted to add a note on the Mango..the first one to come down is now curing to a true Mango taste after two months in the jars. The other one smells strongly of oranges still, and the sativa pheno is floral, but this first plant is definitely getting the mango taste to her.

On a side note...Mango also makes me do things like this:

1562Seahorse3.jpg

:eek: Did that yesterday, under the influence :D. This weed is EXCELLENT for creativity, stimulates the imagination...as you can see :bis:

Matter of fact...just finished smokin' some :D

G

Hi Blue,

Hi Blue,

Nice to hear from you. So glad you like your Mango and hope you have enough. I hope your taking the summer heat ok. I've been to Italy in august so I know! Can't wait until you crank it up again I miss your stylish threads. Take care yourself, Smokey.

G

Hiya Smokey...got mango comin' outta my ears LOL! Its hot as HELL here, we're running 100°temps at 10am :eek: I'm going to the World Games in Germany tomorrow for 4 days so at least I'll cool off a bit...though I doubt I'll get to chill :wink:

Take care yourself Smokey, and hugs to your ladies please :smile:

R

Ronley

Taste
The taste is complex, and extremely strong. The first thing perceived is a sweetness on the tip of the tongue, which turns into a sour orange/orange peel explosion on the inhale, and melts into a creamy butterscotch with a whisky bite and that persistent orange flavor in the background on exhale. Again, the taste is extremely strong. Major expansion on this strain, requires tweaking lung capacity .

Blue you have such a fantastic way with words. Its so enjoyable to read your writing. Thankyou. Are you this good in Italian as well?

Thanks for the very informative report, blue. I found the part about having extreme couch lock as well as extreme cerebral head high at the same time very interesting. Usually you would think that you would get either one or the other, or maybe both, but not to such a degree. I don't normally gravitate towards strains with strong couchlock or body high, but if there's an very strong cerebral heady component to the high as well, i think it would be interesting. I hope to some day get a chance to grow this strain out and try it.

Also, a few questions though, if you wouldn't mind.

Were you able to notice significant differences in the high from the sativa pheno, as apposed to from the indica pheno? How was it different? Was one more/less heady or more/less couchy than the other?

You think you might have vegged for too long, given your growspace? Maybe going for a 1 week veg, or even 12/12 strait from seed would keep it shorter/more manageable?

Out of the seeds you attempted to germ, how many germed successfully?

What was your M/F ratio?

What first made you want to try this strain?

G

Blue you have such a fantastic way with words. Its so enjoyable to read your writing. Thank you. Are you this good in Italian as well?

I'm glad you enjoyed it Ronley, and for the record I'm good with tongues in general :sasmokin:...on a more serious note...hem....yes, my Italian is excellent, but then again I've been here almost 20 years :wink:

Hello FA!
Also, a few questions though, if you wouldn't mind.
Don't mind at all!

Were you able to notice significant differences in the high from the sativa pheno, as apposed to from the indica pheno? How was it different? Was one more/less heady or more/less couchy than the other?
The heavy sativa pheno of my Mango was so different from the other two plants that if I hadn't grown them out myself and happened to smoke it, I would never have guessed it was the same strain. The high is typical sativa high, clearheaded and soaring, very creative and motivational, but totally lacking in raciness and paranoia, probably the bit of indica helped tone down the raciness. Its different in everything, appearance, smell, taste...everything!

The other two plants do shoot you to the stars while slamming you in your chair for a few hours, your mind runs but your body follows 30 steps behind. At the third hit you experience a very perceptible head slam and that's when the sat starts to kick in, but the body stone doesn't leave you.
You think you might have vegged for too long, given your growspace? Maybe going for a 1 week veg, or even 12/12 strait from seed would keep it shorter/more manageable?

I most definitely vegged too long, and IMO 7 -10 days would have been more than sufficient. The problem is that most Mango strains are indica dominant, and I had no idea that I'd be getting a sativa Mango, much less Mangos with such heavy sat dominance. I believe she would be fine indoors if given a short veg period, but do recommend space for any Mango one may grow, as it is a strain which does tend to get on the large side, the indicas don't get overly tall, but require horizontal space in the grow.
Out of the seeds you attempted to germ, how many germed successfully?

What was your M/F ratio?

I germed 4/4 and got 3 females and one male :D
What first made you want to try this strain?

Many favorable smoke reports.....and mangos....I'm of tropical origin and love mangos, why not smoke something that tastes like 'em? :D

G

Hi FA, no the other two phenos are very similar in all aspects. The only perceivable difference is in the taste. One now tastes like mangos (the one object of the above smoke report which used to have a very pronounced orange taste) after a two month cure, while the other tastes like sugar cane on the inhale and orange peels on the tongue and exhale. High and potency identical. My personal preference is for the mango tasting one, purely based on my tastebuds, my mind enjoys both equally :D

You seem to be very interested in sativa Mangos, and if that's the case the best tip I have for you is to look into wallyduck's mango works....he's producing some very interesting things and I have enough inside info on the Mango mom he used to know that his work with her has the potential to produce some very particular sat Mango indeed. :wink: You might not find my own Mango available anymore on Seedbay, It came from Gypsy's private stash and I don't know how much he had. For that you'd have to shoot him a pm asking if they'll be available for sale or post a request for them in the Seedbay forum.

R

Ronley

The heavy sativa pheno of my Mango was so different from the other two plants that if I hadn't grown them out myself and happened to smoke it, I would never have guessed it was the same strain.

It may be possible that a seed of some other strain, found its way into this packet by mistake, and that you did actually grow a different strain, thinking all along that its mango.???

G

Hi Ronley, I exclude that possibility because the heavy sat pheno looked exactly like the other plants in flower and veg, except for the bud structure and flowering time. Leaf shape was the same, plant structure was the same, average node distance and nute requirements the same, leafiness the same....same plant but pronouncedly different phenotype in regard to bud structure and time to reach maturity, not to mention the high.

R

Ronley

This is very interesting Blue, This weed never ceases to astonish us.
they are all so unique.

Latest posts

Latest posts