What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Male Isolation Chamber

tiedye420

Yeah I'm contemplating a room for male isolation this year.
I came up here 01/02 and began work in 02. It's time to go back and forward.
I'm pulling 50 different types out; or there about, this year. Most heirloom based or my landrace based landrace. ( i grew it from lakeside to anza borreggop to spring valley to la grange to here- my landrace-L.O.L>but it's almost acclimatized good enough to go wild here in so cal....It will renew in spring....at the right elevation. (the colombian in it)
But aside from a huge room with 20 30 males all summer. Im contemplating pulling them out likes at one time. All the same. Those go under 12/12.. One at a time. One type all subjects that is....
So like this little box will fit right into my plans.
I'll be able to put cuts or whatver, short plucked veg males, ect. into the little box while i'm getting them fat with pollen.. Right in the middle of all my sinsimillia girls.
Then drag the box out and take it away.... before collecting.
Shhot ya could even get a branch inside the box and put the lid on for a minute while agitating pollen inside with the fan...
Dang JLP why ya gotta go and put ideas in my head?
Right when i'm finally winding down from the blowout, yet standing me ground..
This could work.....
And you have clicked my gears into another realm with my thinking.....
I think I'll subscribe and lurk a bit until I get a couple cabs built...
But I might go a bit larger with 2 4x4 rooms and a couple 430's or 400's for breeding...
Filtration system looks adaptable there though.
Ya say those purple ones are the best huh?
One with a grate going into the rooms, one in the roof before the exhaust fan pulls through. Passive intake through the side one. Window mount fans for increasing
exhaust intake.
Damn I'm hooking the bay up soon with cuts and upgrades will be easy this year.
I'm going into the closet with my males. My landrace heirloom stuff is outdoor.
My dogs are gonna sentry they hit 2 in may, half wolfs.
I'm geting the tommy gun out, and sending my shotgun done gear down to the shop for repairs.
This came up just in time JLP. I decided selective breeding is the only way I'll get through the season this year with my children unscathed...
This little method is going places, like right outside my window for one....
I watch my trailer grow from my window here. It's 28 foot long and all my grow space.
It's my closet now. I'm outdoor in soil i made, which has no equal...
my genetics aren't rez's.. thank god for that.
He bit the wrong butt, I have always had very much respect and treated him like a guru. Now he opened fire not on me but my heritage. By slamming humbolt and cali. he offended my lifetime of study, rudely at that, and my heritage cali genes.
I'm taking my reversed male as a project. My g-13. It is hitting every ECSD cut I can locate in california, willing to participate....
my reversed male- one plant out of my pool. Could change this side of the planet for a minute.
And I'll make shure she/he gets the opportunity.
It was stressed out. I am an old master at pulling out hidden survival traits.
Cannabis will fix herself. Let's show rez he has just been working too hard and needs to try other approaches...
I have had reversed males, and I have had reversed males.
This is classic, after harvesting male flowers in seclusion,and chaging his photoperid the male went to revert to veg.
and due to no females as he produced pollen, and then vegging ones near. He tried to nail himself hard.
every growth tip went full on female for just a short while...
It's the right kinda reversed naturally from stress male.
soon everyone will learn to trust me like the big boys have for years I hope...

G

JLP said:
Thanks guys.

I don't collect pollen,I've found it works best when fresh.In cases where I only want to pollenate a bud or two I'll just take a q-tip and roll it under an open flower or two.Then pollenate the bud with the q-tip.

JLP
JLP
I have a question about this.......

How long does it take for pollen to transfer it's genes after one has put it on the female plant?

Here's the reason for the question....
I have a couple males in flower right now and want to plollenate just a couple female buds for a small amount of seed. And I don't want to ruin the rest of the buds for smoke. I was thinking of dabbing on pollen then placing a plastic zip-lock bag over the bud. So, how long should I leave the bag on and most importantly can I then spray water on the plant & pollinated bud to wash away & deactivate the excess pollen? So......

1. Don't want to wreck the pollen before it's done it's job, and
2. Don't want any unwanted pollen on the rest of the plant.

Thanks for any advise I can get on this!!

Bh :wave:

JLP

Veteran
Thanks guys.

I think fertilization actually takes about 15 minutes but I usually let them set for about an hour.
You can spray it with water but a less invasive method is to take a blow dryer on no heat and blow away the excess pollen.

JLP

lifetime

how do you wire a pc fan to a standard plug?

this is a fucking awesome idea btw!

i've been wondering how i could go about making a small amount of "backup" seeds, especially when we're spending $160+ for certain seedpacks!!

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
Mr JLP
great great idear props to you.. thanx for sharing for all to learn peace..

sack

tiedye420

Yeah it really simplifies things for me as well.
I currently have two 6x8x7 rooms; one for veg, and one for budding or vegging.
I just did demo and gained a full 8x10 area.
I'm still contemplating, but pretty much set on the idea of another 6x8 area; and a couple 4x4 breeding chambers....
I like the filtration setup used here, and believe I can use a similar "Through wall" filtration system...I like my pocket door system in between the two 6x8 rooms currently useable.. It blocks all light when fully shut.
It will take 3 pocket doors to have my desired breeeding chambers..And I have two 150 cfm fans to use on a flange to pull air through each wall pocket. I'll have to use a center divider; for the filter system ,and keeping two breeds apart during concurrent sessions.There is also a ceiling opening, so maybe i can exhaust through the roof...
This thread made it all come clear for me..
I'll post pics of the units as they come together. Basically JLP's idea but 4x4x7 foot with a 400 or 430 w bulb inside it....And hoods of course...
tie

G

Some come ready to plug....

Brilliant Idea, it just solved a problem I have been struggling with. Thank you so much...

Mr.M

XXI
ICMag Donor
Very cool idea JLP. I'm thinking about making a few of these for breeding multiple strains at the same time without the chance of cross contamination from one breeding project to the next. I will probably have them placed in separate rooms anyway just for added security. Thanks again.
Mr.M

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
just noticed this link at the bottom of your posts JLP .

wow bloody good idea and so simple as has been said.....had some ideas for spaces for males in the future but the problem is space and i thought things where going to have to suffer....so simple that i'll have to make a few of these .thanks.HH. =]-~

Last edited:
G

lifetime said:
how do you wire a pc fan to a standard plug?

this is a fucking awesome idea btw!

i've been wondering how i could go about making a small amount of "backup" seeds, especially when we're spending $160+ for certain seedpacks!!

If you got a old cell phone recharger lying around you could just strip the wires and use that.