What's new

Male clones transformed to Female to judge male smoking quality

Tom Hill

Veteran
naw man,, in theory it's worth zero..

i been jumping through hoops for years and if macro cannabinoids are so easily inherited than this shit here is fairly worthless,,, standing by to hear something different but it will never come..

LVgrow

i been jumping through hoops for years and if macro cannabinoids are so easily inherited than this shit here is fairly worthless,,, standing by to hear something different but it will never come..

So what your saying is doing this can't make a male produce seeds. Right?

Tom Hill

Veteran
it can make a male plant produce seed,,, it can give u a glimps into what the male would be if female,, but all of that added up at the end of the day will turn out to be worth friggin squat diddly..

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
it can make a male plant produce seed,,, it can give u a glimps into what the male would be if female,, but all of that added up at the end of the day will turn out to be worth friggin squat diddly..

so you tried this and found there to be no correlation of a good true preseenting pheno of a reversed male and its progeny being more likely to follow along. you then used its untreated clone to make seed and it wasnt any different % of like phenos as a randomly chosen male of the same stock?
or if ypu didnt try it, why do you feel this isnt a good way to pick males.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
It is for the terpenes that this is most useful, altho it can be used for Cannabinoid profiles also. When you can smell, taste, and smoke a male transformed to female you get a pretty good idea of the potential progeny.
I found that when I GC'ed the terpenes of a few varieties like Thai, Afghan, Skunk #1, O Haze, and then made hybrids from them and GC'ed the terpenes of the hybrids, I could easily see and tell the parents of the progeny hybrids just by comparing the terpene print out to the parents terpene scans. I could not see which parent was male or female, but I could see the hybrid was a cross of say Thai and Afghan, that was so easy it was amazing. I could tell the parents of every hybrid just from the terpene printout, they were numbered double blind, so I would not know, but I got every one right.
I guess I am saying that terpene inheritance may be much easier they anyone guessed. Or not, maybe some terpenes are and some are not.
I do not know, but am sure we will find out soon enough.
-SamS

im surprised to see someone like tom hill say information is worthless.

thats all it is, more information about the male that you would otherwise not know.
how you choose to use this information is what matters.

i have a nice female made from two males.
i also have hybrids made with one of the males.
the male smelled like peach vapors, very close to what im looking for.
i havent found the hybrids to be as good yet, but I can see hints in them from that male.
only like 5 plants of the hybrids have been grown so far.
i know i will find much better ones as i get the time and space.

Tom Hill

Veteran
I guess I am saying that terpene inheritance may be much easier they anyone guessed.

-SamS

Well that makes 2 people who's observations i have the utmost respect for telling me the same thing in as few weeks. noted.

Tom Hill

Veteran
im surprised to see someone like tom hill say information is worthless.

thats all it is, more information about the male that you would otherwise not know.
how you choose to use this information is what matters.

i have a nice female made from two males.
i also have hybrids made with one of the males.
the male smelled like peach vapors, very close to what im looking for.
i havent found the hybrids to be as good yet, but I can see hints in them from that male.
only like 5 plants of the hybrids have been grown so far.
i know i will find much better ones as i get the time and space.

Worthless maybe was a tad harsh, granted.

It's worth would be a sliding scale i reckon. We must weigh its worth against time spent in any breeding program it's what we do. Worth a lot when attempting to isolate particular terpene profiles etc in a line shown to have high occurrence of homozygosity for said traits perhaps, but not worth much in a seedlot proven to not (most seed lots). That is where i am coming from i guess.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Tom

I do enjoy reading your posts .
Learnt a lot .

Though I can`t help thinking they are all theories . Why have you not applied these theories to produce a better product .
Talkin the talk is one thing , walkin the walk another . I see you talk a lot . But not much walkin ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Tom Hill

Veteran
it's a fair enough question Elmer. The same fucking question Sam (and others) get asked often.. A man has to choose his path,, i took mine and really have no regard for anbody elses.. If you are thinking i could not have stacked some more coin doing what i know very well would have pleased the masses more i'd suggest you'd be mistaken. I have done what i have done for the same reason Sam or you or any other man does.. Becuz we see worth in it, and see nobody else who'd likely do it better. Simply put,, i don't trust the rest of you to do my job further than i can throw you.. and i see my job as more important than what you -or anybody else- is doing. Regardless of profitability.

Tom Hill

Veteran
better product for who are you still confused? if the shit hit the fan and u all had to grow in the shade trust me when i tell u pretty much every plant u know would be worthless,,, and you'd turn to me,, who else is holding down that fort? you? Do you have an inkling of the responsibility that comes with the passing down of original genetics or is it fine to just go rampaging and pillaging through the planet to get fat? you dig what i am laying down?

Last time i checked u were shlarving nevils ignorant teet so this is growth for you,, like it - to even see you here,, but don't jump the gun you are not ready for opinion lol.. .

Tom Hill

Veteran
As you learn more, you will learn that the majority of the world is already working for you... And you want to see some value in me getting on board with that too? I am sorry sir,, that is pushing rocks uphill i have been laden with my lot in life, look deep,, and try to be intelligent enough to see the value in it,, or not.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Tom

Appreciate you taking the time .
I would like to understand more of what motivates you . You obviously feel passionately as evidenced by your multi posting and name calling .

Now as I told you at the time . I am not a Nevilite . I asked a question I already knew the answer to . To get your take on it .Because it involved Kanga . You jumped to the conclusion I was a fan boy .

An assumption that was incorrect Tom .

Difference I see is Sam took some plants and improved them and made hybrids capable of finishing in Nth America . You ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Tom Hill

Veteran
you all,, kanga, u, all of you,, will forever be idiots in my eyes for the amount of time you all spent listening to complete idiots,, i feel them low,,, the rest of you even more so,, it's the chance u take lol...

Sam was playing in his greenhouse and got the fuck outa dodge. he showed up with what he had and made the best of it.. even was well schooled in the old ways along with rob and it's way more than i can say about anybody..

U don't see any difference,, you see nothing.. why brother? why are you talking are you under the false impression u took something from those fucking clowns over there that is worth sharing?

Everything i ever touched obviously works in N/America or it would have never have stayed on my plate. What you are and have always been looking for,, is individuals working in a much broader range than that,, and i accept that.. but please,, know what the fuck you are talking about ha?

Tom Hill

Veteran
Surely,, there is some lady's forum for you to get your nut in? You know,,,,,, where you are not grossly outweighed? Does one need to post links to all of your collective idiocy over there? Gawd i hope not..

Tom Hill

Veteran
Really Elmer,, you pitched a tent with a bunch of complete idiots... You were scene there again and again rah rah rah.... if you would now have me believe you are even one fucking molecule better you better come with something better - or close your hole and be all that you can be sweetheart,

S

sourpuss

It is for the terpenes that this is most useful, altho it can be used for Cannabinoid profiles also. When you can smell, taste, and smoke a male transformed to female you get a pretty good idea of the potential progeny.
I found that when I GC'ed the terpenes of a few varieties like Thai, Afghan, Skunk #1, O Haze, and then made hybrids from them and GC'ed the terpenes of the hybrids, I could easily see and tell the parents of the progeny hybrids just by comparing the terpene print out to the parents terpene scans. I could not see which parent was male or female, but I could see the hybrid was a cross of say Thai and Afghan, that was so easy it was amazing. I could tell the parents of every hybrid just from the terpene printout, they were numbered double blind, so I would not know, but I got every one right.
I guess I am saying that terpene inheritance may be much easier they anyone guessed. Or not, maybe some terpenes are and some are not.
-SamS

Nice read guys haha.. some serious issues... should write a book cause im definately I terested. Or a movie. Each of u is a superhero. Dunno whos good or bad haha...

Anyway sam, trying to understand.... u were able to identify the prgwnies parents by terps. Can you describe how you concluded which were which? Was it as simple as skunk x haze, the same terps found in both parents would be found in the offspring? Nothing new?? Just a new blend of existing terps that were in the parents???? No one offs that produced totally new terps??? I wo der as u mention it was so easy but then mention at the end that you do dnot know the answers yet....

Did you notice any dominance according to male or female terps in the offspring? Did the terps lean more toward the mom or dad or neither??? Just curious

Latest posts

Latest posts