What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Panama

YukonKronic

Hello again.First,Sorry for my english...
Here are some pics from my malpan. first pic is 4 days before and the others are after the ''cleaning'' the down side (i noticed a faster rippening these 4 days).
It is 42 days (6weeks) old and i think it is very close to cut.
I have grow many Ace seeds(malawi(x5times),kali china(x2times),orient express,bangi haze,zamaldelica,snow moon) and i have noticed all that finish much sooner than the weeks of reference!but the quality is always very good.

Ermmmm have you left one the full term recommended? Many Sativas appear done but then reflower multiple times before actually finishing.
Check out Terpenes advice on ripening plants if your interested... fully finished plants have MUCH more complete Terpene profiles and effects in my and many others opinion.
There is however no substitute for simple preference. If a grower says it’s finished enough for them then it is. I simply thought I might throw a suggestion out for your consideration..

YukonKronic

Those are nice looking plants though I must say! I’m a long term guy when it comes to finishing them so if it was me I’d try to keep em going couple more weeks till they fatten right up... but that’s me:tiphat:

CowboyTed

Those are nice looking plants though I must say! I’m a long term guy when it comes to finishing them so if it was me I’d try to keep em going couple more weeks till they fatten right up... but that’s me:tiphat:

I agree, those are lovely buds already. But can you imagine how much lovelier they will be after they have fattened up?

I can understand psychologos1's rush to harvest, though, since I'm struggling with the same impatience. I want those buds harvested, dried, cured and ready to smoke yesterday!

Psychologos1, you might try this experiment: harvest a third of the branches now, and let the remaining two-thirds mature for two more weeks (at least). After you harvest and cure the rest, you can compare the two samples, and decide whether the bud improved over the following two weeks.

orfeas

Veteran
Hello again.First,Sorry for my english...
Here are some pics from my malpan. first pic is 4 days before and the others are after the ''cleaning'' the down side (i noticed a faster rippening these 4 days).
It is 42 days (6weeks) old and i think it is very close to cut.
I have grow many Ace seeds(malawi(x5times),kali china(x2times),orient express,bangi haze,zamaldelica,snow moon) and i have noticed all that finish much sooner than the weeks of reference!but the quality is always very good.

Nice plant, manga! :)

And if you're a psychologos then it'll be no big a deal to psychologise your dame... ;)

:tiphat:orfeas

psychologos1

@YukonKronic
Yes man,of course i have left some of them(sativas and others)
the recommended time but for sure are were over rippened(taste ,high...).I Think on that you said for terpenes that when i left them on recommendation time were lost the most.
i am a long term guy also and delicatessen man(TAURUS haha,if you know hat i mean)and i want also terpenes e.t.c ,maybe i make something wrong... Thank you by the way.
@CowboyTed
Man as i said i want the things to be done as they are near perfect,
although this grow for some reason i wanted to finish sooner,but i don't do something for this as i know ;)
maybe i will try this,in 3-4 days i cut some .
All the leaves are yellow now,i'm afraid it starting ''self-eating'' the bud leaves and this is no good.
@orfeas
Thank you file! :)
HAha,by someway yes,cheers ;)

gaker

12/12 works well for true tropicals. Their normal photo period does not vary much more than an hour a day near the equator. Flowering can be closer to 16 weeks this way, but the results are worth it.

orfeas

Veteran
@YukonKronic
Yes man,of course i have left some of them(sativas and others)
the recommended time but for sure are were over rippened(taste ,high...).I Think on that you said for terpenes that when i left them on recommendation time were lost the most.
i am a long term guy also and delicatessen man(TAURUS haha,if you know hat i mean)and i want also terpenes e.t.c ,maybe i make something wrong... Thank you by the way.
@CowboyTed
Man as i said i want the things to be done as they are near perfect,
although this grow for some reason i wanted to finish sooner,but i don't do something for this as i know ;)
maybe i will try this,in 3-4 days i cut some .
All the leaves are yellow now,i'm afraid it starting ''self-eating'' the bud leaves and this is no good.
@orfeas
Thank you file! :)
HAha,by someway yes,cheers ;)

Geia sou psychologe!

It does look like drawing near, them brown pistils that is...
However there must be some more fattening to come, my wild guess would be a couple more weeks to hatchet ...
But then harvesting is an art one has to master... :biggrin:

Mine is ageing real fast at 11 weeks now (12/12 straight from sprout) going cloudy all over ...

:tiphat:orfeas

Attachments

• P1110116.jpg
    P1110116.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 58

damien50

Hey dubi, how accurate are the breeder finishing times for this strain?

These are at 3 weeks of flowering

Attachments

• IMG_20190429_193427926.jpg
    IMG_20190429_193427926.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20190429_192914101.jpg
    IMG_20190429_192914101.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 53

perismoke

Always late to the party...MALXPAN grown with vertical 315 lighting..about 7-8 weeks ..the monster is taking over the tent..ridiculous energy and loving low NPK
She's not ready yet,..right?

Attachments

• IMG_3567-1.jpg
    IMG_3567-1.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 55

perismoke

Thanks Purple...the ovaries are swollen, malawi like, and pistils browning. There is a vanilla yogurt smell when I rub the stem..Flush time......I agree with you...waiting 2 more weeks.
Excited to see the psychotropic effects...

hi
just harvest my mapa and freebie panama,litl too early,11wk it can go easly 2-3wk but i need that base.mapa grow heights abaut 2m and produce good and strong harvest,i grow hydro like KISS style,only silica and base nutrients+one weeks pk,
thrikoms is milky and clear,one or two was amber.
panama i grow soil 10l pot its grow tall abaut 1.5m not best place to grow but still good yeld,i cut it same time,thrikoms was milky and clear.
smoking bouth girls fluffy bud what i fast dry over my lights,it take 12h dry
5min after smoke its come good warm feeling and little sweating, :)
panama do same good feeling and also little sweating :) i like bouth,

damien50

72 days in on 9.5/14.5 light cycle. I think I'll finish them July 3rd.

Attachments

• IMG_20190614_203312217.jpg
    IMG_20190614_203312217.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20190621_190909404.jpg
    IMG_20190621_190909404.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20190621_191026204.jpg
    IMG_20190621_191026204.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20190621_190952724.jpg
    IMG_20190621_190952724.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20190621_190856111.jpg
    IMG_20190621_190856111.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 108

SolarLogos

72 days in on 9.5/14.5 light cycle. I think I'll finish them July 3rd.
Wow, what a nice finish. Have you sampled any small buds yet? I bet they are pretty racey/speedy, but better July 3rd like you stated.
Big yield and nice job!
Peace, God bless

damien50

Nice crop my friend.

Thank you

Whoa, nice job all around. They look done-ish;) Pretty quick, 10 weeks. Is that a 5x5 space? and just under LED strips? If so fricken amazing.

Thanks. 4x4 tent in a Coco coir scrog. 6 of them in 3 gallon pots under 502 watts of 12x bridgelux EB2 strips in 3000k with a 9.5/14.5 light schedule. I've been incrementally lowering the light from 12 hours after two phenos wouldn't flower under 12. Then I kept lowering it to force everything to flower more.

Wow, what a nice finish. Have you sampled any small buds yet? I bet they are pretty racey/speedy, but better July 3rd like you stated.
Big yield and nice job!
Peace, God bless

Thank you

I've been sampling since week 7 but just buds I let grow below the net. I did note one pheno being energetic, happy, and social. I'm getting fruity, musky, peppery smells so far. But yeah July will be 12 weeks and then I'll be starting an ebb and flow cycle with two of the phenos. Buds on four of the phenos are massive and dense like indicas.

Going to trim off fan leaves at the end and left them dry on the vine for two weeks. Excited lol. Never grown a sativa before and Ace isn't disappointing me

Latest posts

Latest posts