What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Panama

damien50

They all finished at 11 weeks. Had many branches that, when I removed the scrog net, fell over and broke their stems from the weight. Started getting a lemon candy smell from them and they are very sticky/oily.

This was fun and challenging for my first sativa grow and let me show off some great genetics.

Attachments

• IMG_20190625_190641459_compress47.jpg
    IMG_20190625_190641459_compress47.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20190625_190708898_compress44.jpg
    IMG_20190625_190708898_compress44.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20190627_191423290_compress34.jpg
    IMG_20190627_191423290_compress34.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20190627_191414992_compress35.jpg
    IMG_20190627_191414992_compress35.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20190627_190036436_compress70.jpg
    IMG_20190627_190036436_compress70.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 94

Tony21

Very cool man I see you ended up growing more buds than foliage lol, well done 👍

What was the total grow time.... Could be interesting with your light cycles to try estimating the yield in g/w/total h or total w/g

Cool to see flower time of 11 weeks, I got 4 golden tiger x Panama goddess 3 days old, I hope they do the same, I'm planning 5 weeks vegging but that depends space permitting, could be more!

Now the real fun begins, watching the grass dry....:biggrin:

Btw, I'm getting an aerocloner like yours albeit off the shelf haha, how are your clones doing?
The other forum seems to have gone outta business permanently, so good to see you posting here.

damien50

Very cool man I see you ended up growing more buds than foliage lol, well done 👍

What was the total grow time.... Could be interesting with your light cycles to try estimating the yield in g/w/total h or total w/g

Cool to see flower time of 11 weeks, I got 4 golden tiger x Panama goddess 3 days old, I hope they do the same, I'm planning 5 weeks vegging but that depends space permitting, could be more!

Now the real fun begins, watching the grass dry....:biggrin:

Btw, I'm getting an aerocloner like yours albeit off the shelf haha, how are your clones doing?
The other forum seems to have gone outta business permanently, so good to see you posting here.

It was 77 days for around 10-25% amber trichomes. I started the lights off at 12 hours, week 4 was 11 hours, week 6 was 10 hours, then week 8 was 9 hours. Two phenos didn't really want to flower until I changed the schedule to 11.

My clones of this have been vegging in 5 gallon buckets of Growpito for 6 or 8 weeks lol.

I haven't put any more clones in it but the four in buckets are fairly large they just took some time to root out the buckets.

I have two phenos in buckets and four in 1 gallon pots

Attachments

• IMG_20190625_185922067.jpg
    IMG_20190625_185922067.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 34

Tony21

It was 77 days for around 10-25% amber trichomes. I started the lights off at 12 hours, week 4 was 11 hours, week 6 was 10 hours, then week 8 was 9 hours. Two phenos didn't really want to flower until I changed the schedule to 11.

My clones of this have been vegging in 5 gallon buckets of Growpito for 6 or 8 weeks lol.

I haven't put any more clones in it but the four in buckets are fairly large they just took some time to root out the buckets.

I have two phenos in buckets and four in 1 gallon pots

Looking very good, a good veg for a good harvest, some say :dance013::dance013:

Dog Star

Veteran
Put 8 seeds on sprouting and all 8 was now inside easy plugs..

Again 100% viability result.. i like it a lot,ACE stock is fresh and seeds cant
wait to start life how fast they jumped when i sprouted them....

Here we go with Malawi x Panama cross...after sexing for about 2 months repot in bigger final pot and then i show them more frequently here in thread..

secon round mapa,
clone plant stay short really if versus seed plant,small strech it takes 3 weeks then start flower,clone was soil and move hydro 7weeks old,give 4-5 days transplant shok
then 11/13 lights,thats mayby the broblem too short hydro veg time?
one i grow soil veg 3l and change 7l pots flowering and same problem small,weeks 6 start hair brownign and staking veight,i give still 4-5 weeks,re flowering slow but start anyway,take that feno clone and re veg but mayby not using any more

damien50

So I'll put my smoke report here if that is alright.

I'll add in some pictures but I'll start with the grind, inhale, exhale, and the high. I vape and smoke blunts, dutches, papers.

The feel of this bud is soft, spongy, sticky, oily and a bit dense. When I was trimming and breaking it down to grind it assaults my nose with lemon incense that turns into lemon candy. The grind is easy and leaves a soft sticky pile that rolls perfectly.

Rolling this up is easy even for me and produces a nice slow burn with aromas of musk and incense. Inhaling produces gentle flavors of lemon/citrus similar to weak Sprite and I've been told lemon cupcakes. It isn't harsh on the throat but produces ample smoke or vapor

The exhale is flavors and aromas of earth, woods, and some sweetness like a light tea.

The high is something I've never experienced before especially with this being my first sativa. It takes about 15 minutes for me to begin feeling the onset then my mouth and eyes become dry. Anxiety just disappears and eventually my mind wanders and keeping the same thought gets hard. I get pretty calm and there is pressure on my head eventually.

Everything gets brighter and more detailed with munchies, more sensitivity with perception, and and deep introversion. That's alone but with others happiness, laughing, and wanting to chill in good scenery is the vibe. Music is always appreciated and everything is good. It kind of ebb and flows but it last around 2-3 hours with a gentle come down.

Paranoia happens occasionally but it isn't a deal breaker. I honestly just want to chill somewhere serene and smoke it. Eventually enough puts me to sleep but it is some good sleep. I vape it all day at work and I get some energy while being in a chill don't talk to me mood.

I love the strain and will keep it forever

Attachments

• IMG_20190720_144922235.jpg
    IMG_20190720_144922235.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20190720_142911272.jpg
    IMG_20190720_142911272.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20190720_123322251.jpg
    IMG_20190720_123322251.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20190720_123209166.jpg
    IMG_20190720_123209166.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 79

perismoke

Mal x Pan

Mal x Pan

These 4 plants are the spindly thin-leafed version of Ace Malawi x Panama ( my favorite) about 2+ weeks from finish. Grown under twin vertical 315 CMH with MegaCrop at low ppm's..in happy frog with Perlite. Very cooperative and spiraling and stacking nicely. The aroma is a light lemon-vanilla IMG_3638.jpg ...truly a nice all sativa plant that clones and gives no grief...as long as you have the height availability.

Xochi

Got same bud structure and look as Damien50. I can’t put highs into words but exactly as Damien said. Can easily smoke too much while waiting for it to kick in :whee::whee::whee:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ditsöwo :)

Thanks for your kind words and for showing us the amazing Malawi x Panama cola that your friend majestically finished in the challenging tropical climate of Costa Rica! Her trichome production is outstanding, like she was wearing all white! :D
Glad she also was extremely potent as we point out in the description of the strain and with the cannabinoid analyses performed to the strain.

I must apologize for my delays in replying you and other with my suggestions and tips in some threads, it's getting harder and harder
for me to keep updated all the threads on time, hope you all understand.

Lower branch of a organic grow by my friend in the costarrican central valley, great oily taste and super potent high, the pic tells better about the production than words. Shout out to all the growers here and ofcourse to the magitians of ACE you guys rock!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi HerbBert,

Really nice indoor room full of healthy and well developed Malawi x Panamas :) They were really in good shape at the start of the flowering cycle.

Growing so many pure sativa females from seed in a small space could be challenging, but with the right pruning and defoliation and control of their height, final yields can be out of this world.

I've been trying to find your progresses with them in flowering without much success, hope they did amazingly well in flowering too. Hope you still can read this and let us know how your sativa indoor adventure finished.

Hi all,
I started my 9 Malawi x Panama fem seeds too soon so they spent around 6-8 weeks in 1l pots, they didnt show any need for feed until the 6-8 week mark so gave them a small feed.

Soon after I topped them for mothers and cut off some branches leaving just 4 on each plant potted them up into 10l air pots (25% Canna coco professional plus 75% Plagron Batmix) and tied the branches down, I watered them in using RO water with calmag up to 0.4ec (my base water for now) and added 1ml/L Terra Vega 2ml/L Rhizotonic 2.5ml/L Cannazym haven't had to water again yet but will use the same but with no Vega or Flora the new fresh growth doesn't seem to need it and i dont wanna burn them.

Here they are on day 1 of 12/12 under a 600w MH for now
View Image

Day 7 or 14 ill trim them and take a abetter pic :)