What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
Another one going guys. Think this is going to be an ongoing trend lol sure makes harvesting NLDs alot more effective.
This was a large OTH looking unknown plant that smells very floral and sweet. I pressed the entire plant (bar a few choice buds) into an empty peanut butter jar with a wide bottom (hehe) so the resulting cob was rather flat. I want a log shape, so I rolled it in the vac bag and vac sealed her up.
View attachment 18884688 View attachment 18884689
Love the colors showing already. I'm hanging out to be making some more around Christmas in the summer heat.
Those pics just brings home the longing brother those are my kind of cobs.
I overdosed on cob yesterday I had a heap of fish to process it was a breeze high but 5 hours later it was coma time ha ha.
Dreams that became reality I just had to let my mind off its leash and hope I came back for an hour ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
Thanks for the fishing updates. Love seeing those irridescent squid yall catch. If i was there id drive for 5 days for squid as well haha. What kind of fish was the dolphin eating? I hear them go by in the night sometimes. Big pods.
Hi brother yes I love the squid also we got some jumbos this full moon week.
The dolphins just hang on the other side of the boat away from the reef action. But they observe the fish as we land them to make their selection ha ha.
They get mostly pink snapper, emperor and Spanish flag or striped snapper they pick off whatever they want once we release them the fish dont stand a chance.
Today we had an old scarred dolphin with chunks out of its fins and scars on its body, a big male I reckon.
It was quite pushy and followed our hooked fish in to the boat which was a first for me they dont normally do that.
Then it sat under our boat waiting. I had a fresh fish that I was going to use for bait.
So I splashed it in the water beside the boat and it took it so gently eat it and then carried on on its way.
Tax paid and we were all good to fish haha.
Love this place its really special I suppose thats why its a marine park.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not sure if I want to open this yet lol. The bag has some discoloration on it now.
DSCN8362.JPG

Tangwena

Veteran
I did just that.. Reminds me of good brick weed lol. It is hard as a rock and smells OK. Nothing special. It does give me a nice high. It is super smooth smoke. I think the quality we start with is important.
View attachment 18885872
View attachment 18885873
Nice colors brother.
Its done for sure slow dry and then its good to age.
YES always go for HIGHEST quality buds when cobbing its worth the investment every time.

sneezydog

Ya they get a lot of character in that last process, no? Even a quick sweat will help with smoothness. That last, slow crystallization in aging (sp?) Is something special that a quick dry chunk cant show.
Colors seem great, you should feel the difference of clarity as well with that already though imo. Less fuzzy feeling and cloudy, compared to uncobbed.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Hi folks!

I thought it time to pop in and say thanks for this thread.

I've been curing one or two of my plants this way for a few years now. (mostly off the back of finding this thread)

DSCF0499.JPG

I don;t like chewing them, tastes awful and I don;t get the effects. I know if I were to swallow them, then I;d get something, but me and edibles aren;t best friends, so I avoid that! :bigeye:

But for me, what they are great for is smoking.
They take a bit of hard work with the grinder to get into them, but they fluff up real nice for the pipe, almost like a tobacco.
They're also great for smoking with hash in joints.

I just let them dry more and then keep them in a jar when I want to finish them curing and sling them in the fridge.

Anyway, just to say thanks to all the folks who have contributed to this thread and Tangwena for starting it!

DSC_0282.jpg
DSCF0545.jpg

BumSplodgeBrownPants

How long do you find the effects last when smoked??
I have two cobs that are only a week old.......I'm really getting impatient!! I also don't like the taste but I use a small dab of butter or margarine just to cut the bite and it also adds to the absorbtion.

I really don't now how long the effects last. I've never thought about it.

My answer to that would be... until I fall asleep. I'm vaping tonight, but I shall have a toot on the weekend with some bubble hash I got sat getting sweaty in a jar in my desk and see, but I'm a greedy pig and normally just smoke more before anything starts to ebb back.

The butter is a good idea but I have a fridge sticker that says "Butter Is Not a Snack" so that's out for me.

DSCF0502.JPG

:whee:

BumSplodgeBrownPants

That peels off doesn't it???? ;-)
I find that chewing for about 20 minutes gives me maybe about 4 hours of a real nice buzz - it seems much longer than smoking...but no waiting when smoked...I'm open to whatever works for the situation!!!
PS - where are those emojis??? I can't find 'em!!

Yes it took me a while to realise that the emojis were on the 3 dots next to the insert picture button.

Do you swallow? Or spit it out? :bigeye:

I may go have a chew tomorrow when I'm doing the gardening. Going to be a nice day up my end according to the weatherman.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi folks!

I've been curing one or two of my plants this way for a few years now. (mostly off the back of finding this thread)

View attachment 18887357

I don;t like chewing them, tastes awful and I don;t get the effects. I know if I were to swallow them, then I;d get something, but me and edibles aren;t best friends, so I avoid that! :bigeye:

They take a bit of hard work with the grinder to get into them, but they fluff up real nice for the pipe, almost like a tobacco.

I just let them dry more and then keep them in a jar when I want to finish them curing and sling them in the fridge.

Anyway, just to say thanks to all the folks who have contributed to this thread and Tangwena for starting it!

View attachment 18887360 View attachment 18887362
Nice work brother I'd give that a chew any day.
What did you use to make that last pic?
I'm enjoying some Columbian Gold x Demon Latcher cobs at the moment nice intense euphoric high.

ost

Hi folks!

View attachment 18887357

View attachment 18887360 View attachment 18887362
edibles are where it's at for me the taste fades out as i chew and swallow, the cobs are what the gov . gummies wish they would grow up to be ,as far as smoking , dispo weed can't hold a light to a cob,even smoked