What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Who's paying ha ha.
I have those seeds in my collection I must find time to give them a go.
Since I've been on the forums the generosity of members here and elsewhere has meant having the best seeds is the easy part its finding time for growing them thats the problem ha ha.
Universal love is alive and well.
Defiantlyy with a go!

@Tangwena,
I know what you mean about the generosity of the brothers on here. I now have so many different Sativas (and a few choice Indicas) that finding the time to grow them is hard. A nice problem to have.🙂 we'll be going Dutch, but as a non drinker I get to drive and I just love driving my new old Bmw. 🙂

ProfessorLefty

6 cobs I sealed up a month ago at 30% of harvest weight (RQS Dance World, each will be about 28g when fully dried):

1690550132126.jpeg

Cob #1 (top left) and cob #6 (bottom right) were sealed without sweating, the others were sweated at 40C-60C for 8 hours each

Hard to tell from the photo, but the hotter the sweat, the darker and more sour they got. They all have the “cobbed” smell, no visible mold, and lean toward fruity/spicy aromas.

I checked them with a wood moisture meter, they’re all around 26-29% moisture; next step is to dry them down for a few hours before resealing.

Tangwena

Veteran
6 cobs I sealed up a month ago at 30% of harvest weight (RQS Dance World, each will be about 28g when fully dried):

View attachment 18870704

Cob #1 (top left) and cob #6 (bottom right) were sealed without sweating, the others were sweated at 40C-60C for 8 hours each

Hard to tell from the photo, but the hotter the sweat, the darker and more sour they got. They all have the “cobbed” smell, no visible mold, and lean toward fruity/spicy aromas.

I checked them with a wood moisture meter, they’re all around 26-29% moisture; next step is to dry them down for a few hours before resealing.
So cool the way the pucks look nice job brother.

wuluz

Nice @wuluz The normal Zamaldelica is super good cobbed it will be interesting to hear your take on the cobs once aged ha ha.
I've had some off the wall trips on that stuff chewed.
@Tangwena I haven't tried the Auto-Zamaldelica Cobs from last year yet :) I have so much stuff I still have to test. :))
Because the flowers were so dry, I only checked after 24 hours. After opening the bag, it didn't take long for the room to be filled with a sweet, slightly sour smell. I left the cobs in the room for a few hours and then welded them back together.
IMG-20230731-(1).jpg

IMG-20230731(1).jpg

Auto-Zamaldelica 2022 smells very strongly of jasmine and musk. an oily layer has formed on the cob.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
@Tangwena I haven't tried the Auto-Zamaldelica Cobs from last year yet :) I have so much stuff I still have to test. :))
Because the flowers were so dry, I only checked after 24 hours. After opening the bag, it didn't take long for the room to be filled with a sweet, slightly sour smell. I left the cobs in the room for a few hours and then welded them back together.
View attachment 18871917

View attachment 18871918
Auto-Zamaldelica 2022 smells very strongly of jasmine and musk. an oily layer has formed on the cob.
I can only imagine the aromas man. Zamaldelica is amazing in the terps department.
That last shot 2022 is a beautiful cure brother. Hold onto your head when you try that one ha ha.
That new lot being dryer is going to be a terp fest in a few months lovely golden cure coming your way my friend nice job.

wuluz

Dont you smoke yourself?
I haven't smoked for 35 years. I make alcohol or DMSO extracts. I use it to make ointments, suppositories, etc. I only take small amounts, I don't really get intoxicated with it. These extracts work without being high, whether cravings, talkative, energetic, etc. all properties come out. It's just fun to experiment.
The cobs appear very different to decarboxylated cannabis, much more intense and clear AND it lasts longer.
Of course I chew something from time to time :) especially during the holiday season.
My next vacation is in September, I'm already looking forward to it.

Tangwena

Veteran
I haven't smoked for 35 years. I make alcohol or DMSO extracts. I use it to make ointments, suppositories, etc. I only take small amounts, I don't really get intoxicated with it. These extracts work without being high, whether cravings, talkative, energetic, etc. all properties come out. It's just fun to experiment.
The cobs appear very different to decarboxylated cannabis, much more intense and clear AND it lasts longer.
Of course I chew something from time to time :) especially during the holiday season.
My next vacation is in September, I'm already looking forward to it.
WOW! I take my hat off to you my friend thats so cool that your trying this cure.
I would be interested in pics of the cure later on down the track, it looks very sexy at the moment.

OntologicalTurn

Hi Tangwena. This is really interesting, i grow some tobacco plants for personal use and i cure the leafs after sweatering in order to low the clorophyl an "color cure" the leafs before dried. Kind of similar, and reading about tobacco i find theres diferent traditional ways to ferment the sugar content similar than this method.

Do you thing banana leaves can be used instead of corn cob?
I think i Will try your method with ACE s New Caledonia :)

Greetings from MX

Tangwena

Veteran
If you can cure tobacco then you should have no problem with buds my friend.
You can use any leaf really it is only a wrapper. Its just maize cob has a sweet taste which it imparts to the buds and I like it.
Banana tree bark is also used traditionally in Africa but thats because they have easy access to it.
I get great results without any wrapper at all just straight into the vacuum bag.
Good luck with your trials please keep us updated on your results man.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hi Tangwena. This is really interesting, i grow some tobacco plants for personal use and i cure the leafs after sweatering in order to low the clorophyl an "color cure" the leafs before dried. Kind of similar, and reading about tobacco i find theres diferent traditional ways to ferment the sugar content similar than this method.

I think i Will try your method with ACE s New Caledonia :)

Greetings from MX

New Caledonia is definitely worth a go!

I opened an NC cob the other day from 2 years ago and it was excellent!