What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Heres a cob of purple haze I did a trial run on .....

Attachments

• cob.jpg
    cob.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 20
  • cob vacuum sealed.jpg
    cob vacuum sealed.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Shadow Seeds ...WARSLOG
    Shadow Seeds ...WARSLOG
    87.5 KB · Views: 32

Tangwena

Veteran
Heres a cob of purple haze I did a trial run on .....
Looks spot on my friend nice job. I will be very interested in the smoke report when you are ready. If you dry and chew about 0.25 grams for about 5 or 10mins and then wash the chewed dust down I would especialy appreciate a report.
Tangwena

Looks spot on my friend nice job. I will be very interested in the smoke report when you are ready. If you dry and chew about 0.25 grams for about 5 or 10mins and then wash the chewed dust down I would especialy appreciate a report.
Tangwena

No problem, might take a while though as it came out still quite moist. Its now in a paper bag to dry out a bit and I want it to cure for at least a month first.
It came out with this sweetish fermented smell almost like brewing cider. Should be interesting.

Tangwena

Veteran
No problem, might take a while though as it came out still quite moist. Its now in a paper bag to dry out a bit and I want it to cure for at least a month first.
It came out with this sweetish fermented smell almost like brewing cider. Should be interesting.
Sounds wonderful and that is exactly what I would do, keep an eye on it during the first few days of drying. Then vac seal it after drying to age and it will be awesome. Cant wait for your report chewed it will be amazing.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Dog Star be very careful if you dont vacuum seal them. You may get mold its a dangerous game if you dont vac seal them. Good luck, maybe the canna god will smile on you.
Tangwena

Madjag

Veteran
@Dog Star

Hey Doggie, enjoy the Tang when you get a chance. Chew .5 grams very well for 5 minutes then swallow it. Your day will be beautiful, just don't drive.

idiit

Veteran
I have to admit this is intriguing.

yes, and maybe much more than intriguing. Tang might just set the entire cannabis industry on it's head. results coming in are quite favorable so far.

Tangwena

Veteran
@Dog Star

Hey Doggie, enjoy the Tang when you get a chance. Chew .5 grams very well for 5 minutes then swallow it. Your day will be beautiful, just don't drive.
I am with Madjag dont drive if you chew this gear, its hard to drive when your not in the car. The last time I tried to drive high on chewed cob, I had an argument with myself over the need to stay in any specific lane, it felt like I was hovering about 6 feet above the road. Very scary as I had only just started to go up. Luckily I kept it together long enough to go back home, phew that was a close one.
Tangwena

I actually dry my buds in a way that is similar. I don't tie them up under pressure but i pile them wet and fresh picked and trimmed in a pile. Keep rotating the pile and close off from air...I now use totes but we use to use cedar boxes (it was the 70s no-one heard hexanes much yet). I am hoping i have enough to test this in October.

Tangwena

Veteran
I actually dry my buds in a way that is similar. I don't tie them up under pressure but i pile them wet and fresh picked and trimmed in a pile. Keep rotating the pile and close off from air...I now use totes but we use to use cedar boxes (it was the 70s no-one heard hexanes much yet). I am hoping i have enough to test this in October.
Hi my friend that is a step in the right direction, I am sure you will find the sweat/cob cure very rewarding and take to it like a duck to water.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
A trip back in time, we used to score these street deals for 10c each, enough to get you wasted in each twist. The smaller the twist the stronger the cob.
These are Panama to be used as currency at my fishing camp.

Madjag

Veteran
BTW..............."Tang" is synonymous with "Cob" in honor of the man who brought it all to light.

Tangwena

Veteran
BTW..............."Tang" is synonymous with "Cob" in honor of the man who brought it all to light.
Are you getting enough down time Madjag? I can feel the love brother, Cobs create a very strong bond once chewed its a whole new world.
Tangwena

Madjag

Veteran
Hey Dog,

Tang posted the some buds that went longer in bigger heat and they were blacker. The same buds that he opened earlier were not so dark. It's not the weed, it's the treatment.

There is some discussion about the famous "African Black", but it's mostly stories about great African weed. No one really has a line on the exact strain.

Tangwena

Veteran
Sees one bud and it changed colour in red-brown,

cobs are enough wet to cure but not too much and i think they will be very good
in the end.

So this procedure is a fermenting a weed if i get it right..!?

something like weed-yoghurt as you need aerobic beneficial organismes that they
ferment weed and prepare of her some chewable magic later.

Why you think cobs need to be vacumed?? To prevent growing of a mold?

What i think is that best bacteries are aerobic in presence and they dont live
any toxic waste behind self as anaerobic bacteries does when they feed on some
material.. so total vacuming looks to me like wrong step in game.. i dont know..

Africans bury cobs,but that buried cobs still have some good amount of air inside soil
micro pockets... so total vacuming whithouth air give me some questions and
raised eyebrows..

Kind regards

DS
Good questions my friend, you are right you do not need to vacuum seal the cobs. For many years I made the cobs without vacuum sealing them. But I have found that using this method gives success every time and no mould ever.
Before I vac sealed my cobs I got very variable results. Now i get consistently good results every time.
The most important is the sweating and warm/hot environment while curing, then drying and aging.
The Africans use many different methods to cure their cobs. I got cobs ranging from dried semi green to sticky hard sticks of red, yellow and brown.
The hard cobs were my favorite for potency and effect. Using the vacuum bags has enabled me to reproduce the best strongest variety that I used to get.
There are no set in stone methods, if you find a way that works better, please post details of the cure with pictures so that we can all learn from it.
Can you post a close up of your cob before you dry it so I can see the results.
Tangwena

Hey Dog,

Tang posted the some buds that went longer in bigger heat and they were blacker. The same buds that he opened earlier were not so dark. It's not the weed, it's the treatment.

There is some discussion about the famous "African Black", but it's mostly stories about great African weed. No one really has a line on the exact strain.

The African black was just a late purple flowering strain. Going through the cure i posted above makes it almost black. I did this at the Frost Bowl in Pueblo, CO last Jan. There are still people wandering around talking about a new crazy black bud.
I learned that from following rosethall and high-times through the late 70s till about 1990. I heard of something similar from Thailand where they tied it back onto the stem (not bamboo). People made up all kinds of crazy stories about that. I think i understand the truth???

I am debating about if this might be a good idea to use on a few males i had to cut yesterday???

Last edited:
H

Huckster79

Hey I got some goodies in jars, not my best work. Effective but lost much of its smell, heatwave hit
Aston two weeks of flower... I broke down and installed ac. But my question is could I rehydrate a jar with a few fresh cannabis leaves and do a trial run of This? I get that it's not going to "fix" this batch but would it work to learn on?

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey I got some goodies in jars, not my best work. Effective but lost much of its smell, heatwave hit
Aston two weeks of flower... I broke down and installed ac. But my question is could I rehydrate a jar with a few fresh cannabis leaves and do a trial run of This? I get that it's not going to "fix" this batch but would it work to learn on?
Short answer is I dont know, but why bother shit will stay shit my friend.
This is a special kind of high, you take something that is strong already and turn it into something better. If somethings already shit how can you make it better shit, you cant, you will just bring out all the things you didn't like about it in the first place.
Be patient my friend in the end you will reap the rewards.
I only bother with my primo buds. Its hard to describe what it does to the buds, I used to say it makes them high class. The high is definitely a lot more user friendly, its like tripping in a kind warm way. Totally unique in my experience.
Tangwena