What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Riddleme

Well it's been 2 weeks and this mornin bout 3 hours ago I ate a half gram and yeppers I'm still floatin :biggrin:

Thank you so much for sharin this technique !!!!

My very first cob.

Attachments

• T_SAM_4269.jpg
    T_SAM_4269.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 34

Tangwena

Veteran
could you explain the different high and how to make them?

:thank you:
Hi Miyagi its mostly luck and trial and experiment.
But you first need the best buds (Golden Tiger) harvested very late, then its the amount of time in the vac bags.
Quick sweat/cure one week, two weeks and 3 weeks, 3 weeks being for the big boys only. The longer the vacuum cure the more the trichs change. But of course each strain has its own best time depending on the effects that it has in it, not all pot is the same high as you know. Some pot only needs a week vacuum to bring out its best, some 3 weeks, only experience and luck will let you know. One thing is for sure every cob is unique and its very hard to reproduce the exact effects again so treasure your best cobs and try and reproduce them.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Ha ha yes fear of falling down the rabbit hole is the beginning of wisdom, yet fall I must.

This dichotomy is engraved in stone, and must come to pass, over and over again.
I get what your saying my friend but those big words.........right over the top of my head ha ha I woke up still slightly high this morning that will teach me to eat GT so late in the day.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Well it's been 2 weeks and this mornin bout 3 hours ago I ate a half gram and yeppers I'm still floatin :biggrin:

Thank you so much for sharin this technique !!!!

My very first cob.
Very nice looking cob my friend it will just get better as it ages, believe me. I dont know what the high is like but try some of Aces GT one day, its like LSD microdots to me when chewed. I took a lot of them in the seventies so I know them well. But most every strain has something to offer when used this way. Its just whether the effect is what you like.
Welcome to the cob club, you have to show your cob to enter.
My thats a nice one you have there please come in ha ha.
Tangwena

miyagi

hmmm

hmmm

Hi Miyagi its mostly luck and trial and experiment.
But you first need the best buds (Golden Tiger) harvested very late, then its the amount of time in the vac bags.
Quick sweat/cure one week, two weeks and 3 weeks, 3 weeks being for the big boys only. The longer the vacuum cure the more the trichs change. But of course each strain has its own best time depending on the effects that it has in it, not all pot is the same high as you know. Some pot only needs a week vacuum to bring out its best, some 3 weeks, only experience and luck will let you know. One thing is for sure every cob is unique and its very hard to reproduce the exact effects again so treasure your best cobs and try and reproduce them.
Tangwena

GT is sold out on ace and back in november, damn.
The thread is about malawi ... :) , so i hope my ace malawi late harvest would do just as good as GT. my idea is to sweat them 3 weeks in a hot place and from there the rest of the cure. what is the major difference between gt and malawi?... is gt the #1 today?

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Miyagi no its not the number one just my personal preference. It is not as heavy as the Malawi, or at least the ONE plant I grew. I will grow Malawi again someday to see if I can get one of the less narcotic phenos.
You will def get some mind bending from that cob I will be interested to here your report.
When i chewed my malawi cob it was like a deep trippy narcotic dream with very strong visuals and I could not tell the difference from the dream to reality it lasted about 10 hrs and I was completely out of my tree. i talked and moved in slow motion, you def can not do anything at all that needs co ordination of mind and body. Enjoy.
Tangwena

rod58

heres some more pics , the broken one is GT and the other is pineapple chunk ..now i've eaten the GT and was bloody good but the PC rips ya scone off !! hahhaha ..that one i'm holding has the most delicious smell you could imagine ! and i'm certainly NOT sharing it ..its the only one ..i haven't tried eating it ...yet ! the smoke of PC before cobbing is an ok puff but cobbed it certainly changes the nature of it .:biggrin: like you described that high tangwena , a soaring high and sometimes i saw things from the corner of my eye that weren't there , that unsettled me for a bit hahaha ..creepy shit !
so thank you for introducing me to MALAWI STYLE COB CURING !
picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Rod its always the way you find a diamond and it not big enough and you have to ration it.
I had a Gt cob like that it was heaven but I gave most of it away before i realized it.
That will not happen again I can assure you.
Tangwena

baduy

Great thread Tangwena.
I tried the method of burying in the soil and didn't like the result but this goes on another level,I will definitely try this in a few months.
Thanks

baduy

And did someone try the low tech system of putting the cobs in a garbage bag and simply use a vacuum cleaner?
The point is I already have a vacuum cleaner.

Tangwena

Veteran
And did someone try the low tech system of putting the cobs in a garbage bag and simply use a vacuum cleaner?
The point is I already have a vacuum cleaner.
Hi my friend anything is possible but the problem as I see it is holding the vacuum.
As the cobs need to be sweated prior to sealing they are wet and ANY air getting to them they will grow mouldy for sure. A friend of mine recently lost 5 cobs to mold after getting a leak in his vacuum sealed bag and being away from home for a week when he returned they were all mouldy and spoiled. Beware.
Tangwena

baduy

holding the vacuum.Tangwena
I see,I would have thought the fermentation process would eat the little air left inside.
As there is still a few months to wait till harvest here,I will make some tests on average edible plant material,like cabbage beforehand.
If I get some mold no matter how I do I'll find myself a proper vac sealer.
Thanks

miyagi

i have eaten a wet cob

i have eaten a wet cob

mine had sweated enough today, the vacuum bag started to get a little brown inside on the plastic walls.

i weighted 0.8 gram, moist, swallowed it. loose a lot of weight from the moist so maybe 0.2 gram if dry.

lets see what happens, maybe to little i not know, if to little tell me and i eat some more. 9 days sweat, brown inside the bag on the plastic, smells really good - could not wait.

today i started a new cob of ace malawi late harvest, i will go on a 2.5 week trip so it will be in vacuum that time. wish me luck.

tasted eat - nja not my favorite taste, lets see the effects.

i'll be back. maybe.... :)

Tangwena

Veteran
Another pic
Nice work my friend, I like the golden color that should age nicely now.
What type of weed did you use? I cant believe how many IC members are getting this right, you guys have a love for weed that goes beyond awesome. Nicely done my friend.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Miyagi hope all is well. The effects are for some reason a lot more profound if you chew the cob. I think the THC ect is absorbed oraly through your mouth. Then through your stomach. I have not had the same effects from just eating it.
Anyway I understand that you cant wait ha ha. Next time cut a slice off the cob and dry that slice for a day. Then chew it into dust you before swallowing it. Maybe now is a good time to dry the cobs
You can open the bag cut off a piece then seal the rest up its ok.
You are very close now patience is a good thing.
Tangwena

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice work my friend, I like the golden color that should age nicely now.
What type of weed did you use? I cant believe how many IC members are getting this right, you guys have a love for weed that goes beyond awesome. Nicely done my friend.
Tangwena

Thank you, used Santa Marta Gold X ( purple indica X Strawberry Creme) have two types of Malawi to give a go next round.

This go I was just trying to see how the process went, and see f I could be successful, without mold issues and such.

Tangwena

Veteran
Awesome that should be very nice cured, the Malawi will give you a real deal African experience cured this way and will be very nice I am sure. Please post your smoke report and observations.
Tangwena