What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

BigBlack

Hello good morning! This is update on hindu kush cobs i made last fall. I had 4 of them (pics posted then). I opened early and did not like them, so i gave most away. i kept one and opened it a few days aago.

it is fantastic after in the vac bag sealed for 5 months. it smells incredible and the effects are excellent.

thank you again for showing this method.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
DSC08631.JPG
DSC08634.JPG

DSC08635.JPG
DSC08640.JPG

forever grateful to you for teaching me this method.
just made another roll this week.
stuffed into a paper towel roll and compressed, rolling up in paper, tied tight, wrapped in plastic, and left to the miracle of time
transports one to an alternate existence.
this is one from years ago of some sour diesel.
have fun fishing brother Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran

forever grateful to you for teaching me this method.
just made another roll this week.
stuffed into a paper towel roll and compressed, rolling up in paper, tied tight, wrapped in plastic, and left to the miracle of time
transports one to an alternate existence.
this is one from years ago of some sour diesel.
have fun fishing brother Tangwena

Beautiful colors on that one in the pic I bet its smells great.
I have been using a cob lately I made from Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian wow! Its very nice pine smelling and tasting reminds me of the cobs I used to get in Malawi big time.
The high kicks ass starting when my face gets numb ha ha then just sky rockets from there.
i just wish I still smoked the smoke would taste awesome I'm sure.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hello good morning! This is update on hindu kush cobs i made last fall. I had 4 of them (pics posted then). I opened early and did not like them, so i gave most away. i kept one and opened it a few days aago.

it is fantastic after in the vac bag sealed for 5 months. it smells incredible and the effects are excellent.

I have made that mistake myself. My first GT cobs I gave away most of it because it was so stony early but 6 months later all cerebral and beautiful.
I dont make that mistake any more I dont taste them until at lear 3 or 4 months aged.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I may have missed it in the thread somewhere, but I believe I know the main reason this method is so stunningly successful.

USUALLY, flowers are dried and cured as a separate entity. Each pocket of mature (or not) cannabinoids and terpenes can be slightly different from a spot a few inches away on the same flower. The terpene and cannabinoid profile is all over the place, though consistent with the strain.

When the cannabis is sweated in a confined area, the terpenes become more evenly distributed and polymerization can take place with more material available across all the flower. It's the polymerization process helped by enzymes which create the complex flavors and aromas we enjoy. In addition, the terpenes are the structural component for cannabinoids, so the polymerization process makes the cannabinoids more complex as a result.

So much fun. :)

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity

Hi @BigBlack , HinduKush That's 100% indica, No?. I'd really like to hear a report on how you find the effects. Does it become more narcotic? Have you tried it in comparison with a Sativa cob?, if so, which do you prefer?

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Some Lieu Hann I hope I spelt that correctly cured by a good friend.

I've just been doing a bit of reading about the Lieu Hanh, Wow, it sounds amazing weed. The cobs from that would be something else, I'm looking forward to your report. Lol

This Morning for us it is some very strong Super Malawi Haze.
IMG_1133 (2).JPG

So this morning I think I have narrowed down my selected varieties for next year. It was a difficult choice to make as I only have 5 available outdoor spots and people have been extremely kind to me this year so I was spoilt for choice.

Golden Tiger

Zacateca tribute

Tom Hill Haze x Zamal

Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian

Original Haze bred by Flower Power

All except the Golden Tiger are regular seeds, so I will have many little plants going very shortly; Thankfully I have lots of friends who will happily take me excess babies. This year I'm also wanting to make seeds for my first time ever (well at least intentionally), so will be trying to keep some males going in pots and force flower them. Exciting times! Roll on the full moon!

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Hi everyone,

My question is this, I have a (Gorilla Glue X Girl Scout Cookies, Thin Mint) plant just chopped,
and she is just covered with trichs, can I cob the yield without trimming, I wonder.

I have cobbed trimmed yield and was/is awesome.

Taima-da

Hi everyone,

My question is this, I have a (Gorilla Glue X Girl Scout Cookies, Thin Mint) plant just chopped,
and she is just covered with trichs, can I cob the yield without trimming, I wonder.

I have cobbed whole branches and even full plants with the expanding roll but you'll have to cut the branches off into roughly similar lengths and usually I stick em in a bag or wrap first to stop any little abrasion holes.

Manicuring later (just prior to use) works fine but not every one appreciates rustic... Let the plant dry for a few days , the leaves being drier don't necessarily cob up (so you'll be able to pull them off easy), but the bud sure will...

A lot of moisture is held in them stems so you may even dry very slightly more than if removing them- but you could also just strip them out for a quick bulk pack

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi everyone,

As Taima da said above not everyone likes it rustic, but I'm just lazy so I leave all the trim leaves on.
Taking the time to remove them sure does give a sexier looking cob though.

Tangwena

Veteran
I've just been doing a bit of reading about the Lieu Hanh, Wow, it sounds amazing weed. The cobs from that would be something else, I'm looking forward to your report. Lol

This Morning for us it is some very strong Super Malawi Haze.
View attachment 18122522

So this morning I think I have narrowed down my selected varieties for next year. It was a difficult choice to make as I only have 5 available outdoor spots and people have been extremely kind to me this year so I was spoilt for choice.

Golden Tiger

Zacateca tribute

Tom Hill Haze x Zamal

Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian

Original Haze bred by Flower Power

All except the Golden Tiger are regular seeds, so I will have many little plants going very shortly; Thankfully I have lots of friends who will happily take me excess babies. This year I'm also wanting to make seeds for my first time ever (well at least intentionally), so will be trying to keep some males going in pots and force flower them. Exciting times! Roll on the full moon!
I am constantly left with my mouth hanging open brother your cobbing skills are superlative.
That looks very very dangerous in the best way possible ha ha.
Your grow list leaves me weak at the knee's man that is one hell of a selection.

Mallitlahuani

EB921389-FB64-43AE-AEBD-5E62A6CBFBF5.jpeg
26306F6C-E846-429D-A9BB-33D0EADE91A5.png

BCD4DE99-146A-4402-A8CD-16BC7F5BCCB8.jpeg

Here’s a mini cob I made from some early Ethiopia X Malawi by ace from last year, fist pic is how the bud looks before compressing and sweating, second pic is after vac sealing and sweating for around five and a half hours at 95 degrees Fahrenheit. Some times it went to the low hundreds. The last pic is after drying for less than an hour in a dehydrator at roughtly the same temp. It was really good I smoked it all before really letting it age except for a little piece I gave to a friend who barely smokes. He opened it one day around a month and a half later and it had changed from ripe lavender/mango to incense/lemon smell. High was really nice and long lasting, got my friends brainstorming because of this rush of ideas.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
View attachment 18123687 View attachment 18123688
View attachment 18123689

Here’s a mini cob I made from some early Ethiopia X Malawi by ace from last year, fist pic is how the bud looks before compressing and sweating, second pic is after vac sealing and sweating for around five and a half hours at 95 degrees Fahrenheit. Some times it went to the low hundreds. The last pic is after drying from less that an hour in a dehydrator at roughtly the same temp. I was really good I smoked it all before really letting it age except for a little piece I gave to a friend who barely smokes. He opened it one day around a month and a half later and it had changed from ripe lavender/mango to incense/lemon smell. High was really nice and long lasting, got my friends brainstorming because of this rush of ideas.
Looking good my friend the sweated picture is particularly beautiful.
Aging looses a lot of the stone and you get much more euphoria and clearer high. I like both for different reasons.
If you make any more please post pics again.

Mallitlahuani

79FD53D0-57E6-4F58-B9CF-6310316E157C.jpeg
22A80B4D-F988-44C8-A454-985C960ECB2D.jpeg
1DC8F10C-9EEC-4EE9-B100-FD20A712C5BA.jpeg

I don’t have any more progression photos but here are some random dank mini cobs in the first two pics. The last one is a side by side of a cob just wrapped and my attempt at a homemade Thai stick with a small bamboo skewer running through the middle and bamboo leaves which I decided to add on a whim. The bamboo skewer through the middle gave it a very bendy feel and it took much longer to dry. The flavors and high were quite different from the cob.

@Tangwena Thank you, I am ever grateful that I could refer to this thread to learn how to ferment cannabis. I will of course post pics of anything I’m cobbing.

@zaprjaques Yes that’s how I started was with a few mini 5 g ones, it wasn’t long before I realized that that wasn’t enough because i smoked it well before the jar cured stuff. It’s so much smoother

You can see a a big diffrence in color, the cobs lose all chlorophyll while the jared buds don’t lose as much in the curing process.

Attachments

• 1A81B96A-A698-46E0-95C4-5B3348D6C7B5.jpeg
    1A81B96A-A698-46E0-95C4-5B3348D6C7B5.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Mallitlahuani

Practice makes perfection my friend.
Every cure I make I understand more and more of the magic that occurs.
The style of curing I use is only one of many different styles I witnessed, each with different outcomes and tastes and effects.
Like the golden cure and the darker ones, I made a cob that I diddnt sweat just to see what would happen and it has quite a different effect and flavor

brock1

My SHD cob was made with fresh bud. Was very nice and fresh smoke. You got that freshness minty taste you get from mint chowing gum when you smoked it. Cant wait to make more from my outdoor plants this year.

20181018_184903.jpg

Tangwena

Veteran
My SHD cob was made with fresh bud. Was very nice and fresh smoke. You got that freshness minty taste you get from mint chowing gum when you smoked it. Cant wait to make more from my outdoor plants this year.

View attachment 18124112
There are so many new tastes to experience my friend.
From loud sticky mind bending cures to hard dark hash like cobs that need grinding into powder to unlock that unique perfume peculiar to that plants cobs.
I remember scoring cobs in back ally's at night breaking them in half to get that tell tale history of the plant, almost like its DNA through your olfactory glands.
You may be able to tell I chewed about 1/10th of a gram about an hour ago of the Mulanje x Mal/Ethiopian cobs I made.
I am def someone better right now ha ha.

Latest posts

Latest posts