What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
One more week to go and my first cob attempt will be ready.
Purple haze x Honduras, Durban and nebula x blueberry.
With Golden tiger a week behind. Looking good so far.
Been sampling the Durban this week, strong up effects with practically no crash, perfect.

Thank you tangwena for all the info on how to turn my buds into exquisite turd looking sticks.

I'm with you brother. I put my Swazi and GG4 cobs away December 1st with the promise to myself that I would be patient and not touch them until Feb 1st. I'm currently out of the country, but the minute I get back, I'm going to have a private party. lol :dance013:

DrDee

Dr Dee...Removing seeds from heavily seeded half dried bud will result in lots of resin smudging and bud mangling...so it's best not to. As your crop is seeded, if you really want to try cobbing I'd suggest doing this with just a couple of handfuls of bud instead of the whole crop and make two small cobs as having lots of seeds in cobs is no fun, especially if the cob are rolled up dense and tight. Use a pair of tweezers or small curved manicure scissors to pry out as many seeds as possible before making cobs. If you use your hands and fingers to try and remove seeds from half dry buds then they will look mangled afterwards with many of the exterior resin heads burst open, this happens much less so with tweezers.

Happy Cobbing!

Thanks much fermented...good advice which I will follow. It would be fun to try a cob rather then having to wait till my next (non-seeded) harvest.
Cheers,
JD

mack 10

Veteran
Hello
Sorry if i am wrong.

What the hell is this ?
Forgotten buds in toilette with poop 1 year atleast ?

Tell me please what is this nasty looking shiat ?

Also, what is Angel dust ?

Classic post.

To be fair , if I'd unrapped that cob,
I would of freaked out, thinking that was pm/mold.
Hopefully it is angel dust?
(Which I hope is code for THC.)

Tangwena

Veteran
Dr Dee dont worry about preserving the resin glands and keeping the beautiful buds looking like perfectly dried flowers.
That is fine for people who have been sucked in to the very new school premise that the buds have to be handled as little as possible and every little resin gland is a precious thing that needs to be handled with kid gloves.

This thread is about old school fermentation of pot. To do this the flowers WILL be mangled and broken, the resin will also likewise be smashed melted and mixed with all the other terpenes, oils and plant matter to form the finished product.
The seeds can be left in and removed before smoking or left in if chewing the cured cob.

And yes it looks like a dogs turd to those who know no other way of curing other than just drying the flower sticking it in a jar hoping for the best and then kidding themselves that somehow its been cured.
All you will have is an aged dry flower nothing else.

CBDman

what is angel dust ? Is this Cocaina ? coke ?
god damn no, i dont hope this.

PLEASE we are doing weed only right ?

and why have this ? is this cocaina ?
coco loco poco

Normal cure is ok
Why do it extra hard ?

Never blend weed with other things please.

What is this ? stop this please

WE ONLY NEED WEED

12 years ago i try cocaina, this was best ever.
Next time i got amfetamine blended shit.
First was best, next time was hell.
I was so fucking lost and scared about 20h
NEVER AGAIN.

only weed now

never ever else than this

S

Sertaiz

sorry was talking to cbdman, hehe. multiple lives sort of thing.
you were spot on. its a tight cob wrap that makes it squish and get pretty......has to be defended.
your cobs have been looking ridiculous. cant wait to cob some ace gear someday.

Tangwena

Veteran
Thank you Tang for this method.

Do i need to remove anything besides the fan leaves before I seal?
You can remove as much or as little as you choose my friend they all end up amalgamated into the compressed bud after the cure.
I personally leave all the sugar leaves on but you dont have to it works just the same on manicured bud.
Just remember you get out what you put in. Great buds make great cobs and visa versa.

damien50

You can remove as much or as little as you choose my friend they all end up amalgamated into the compressed bud after the cure.
I personally leave all the sugar leaves on but you dont have to it works just the same on manicured bud.
Just remember you get out what you put in. Great buds make great cobs and visa versa.

Thanks. My wife was complaining about trimming and I was complaining about weak bud. You solved both our issues.

Tangwena

Veteran
Another question. Can I moisten 'cured' bud and make cobs?
Some guys on 420 forum reckon it works I dont do it myself I have never got good results from doing it.
To be sure I use fresh harvested bud thats only been drying a day or two.
There are some chemical reactions happening in the fermentation process that no one quite understands yet. These dont seem to occur properly in buds that have been dried then rehydrated.

Stage

Hi Tangwena,
Your pics are mouthwatering.:tiphat:
20190131_144033.jpg
Here is Ace Panama cobbed about 3 months ago. 20190131_144133.jpg

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Tangwena,
Your pics are mouthwatering.:tiphat:
View attachment 484915
Here is Ace Panama cobbed about 3 months ago. View attachment 484916
Nice job my friend you def have the touch.
Panama really shines cured this way and those look perfectly cured.
Love the finish and color the smell must be amazing the fermented aroma from Panama is something out of this world hats off brother thanks for posting.

Tangwena

Veteran
Pure Bliss Panama x Honduras fermented buds

Pure Bliss Panama x Honduras fermented buds

I'm in heaven and its getting better by the minute.
6 weeks old P x H canary style buds.
The smell and taste are outstanding and the fact that the high is out of this world makes this the perfect plant to cure this way.
The fermented smell is mind blowing and everything else taste and effect just add to make this an outstanding combination my small clone will produce a candy bar of fermented perfection in a couple of months life cant get any better.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

F

Fermented

Some guys on 420 forum reckon it works I dont do it myself I have never got good results from doing it.
To be sure I use fresh harvested bud thats only been drying a day or two.
There are some chemical reactions happening in the fermentation process that no one quite understands yet. These dont seem to occur properly in buds that have been dried then rehydrated.

I've also tried cobbing with re-hydrated bud that had been dried enough to smoke in a joint (but needs re-lighting several times) and all I got was compacted bud ....and also tried with bud that was beginning to bottle cure and that was the same result..little or no difference in the high compared to standard cured bud. As Tangwena said, fermentation doesn't happen unless the bud is "semi-alive" and still retains some moisture and is pliable. If the bud is even a day or two before bottle curing, it's probably too late for fermentation and the positive changes that occur with cobbing won't happen.

The more I cob, the less time I spend air drying the bud beforehand. I only dry (in the humid, slow drying conditions here) for 3 or 4 days, (one week max) then roll them into cobs, the leaves are droopy but still pliable and definitely not crispy.

Around here for most months of the year t takes a minimum of 3 or more weeks to dry bud enough to be ready for bottle curing or to smoke in a joint without going out several times..and even after 20 days, it's not really dry unless a dehumidifier is used. The other advantage to cobbing is that I don't have lots of branches hanging around for weeks. waiting to dry!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts