What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi my friend thank you for the kind words, the answer to all your questions is YES.
You can ferment the buds without the cob wrapping just straight in the vacuum bag.
And yes you can chew them once they are cured.

The effects are slightly different but equally good. I do both cobs and what we call canary buds after the canaries the old time miners had down the mines to warn of dangerous gasses.
We call them canary buds as you can see them change color through the clear plastic bag.

We sometimes put a bunch of buds in the same bag as a bunch of cobs to act as canaries showing what is happening inside the cobs without having to open them, hence the term canary buds.

The 3rd forum is a small private forum which is the font of all the information i share here and at 420.

Although now there are plenty of people both here and at 420 that are more than capable of answering any questions and making the most beautiful artistic cured works of art these days.

Practice makes perfect and there are as I said plenty of well practiced practitioners out there now.

Making this a very fertile place for sharing knowledge and techniques.

There is no need to look further than IC or 420, both places blow my mind these days.
After all if you care enough to grow great plants you can easily care enough to cure your pot this way.

Enjoy the knowledge and spread the word my friend after all if you enjoy it so will others. Its as all knowledge should be free.

Sorry I'm a bit blissed out on some of Aces Panama x Honduras cob its the best high for me so smooth my friend so smooth.

Tangwena

Veteran
Gwauwi

Gwauwi

Speaking of works of art heres a loose packed cob by a dear friend who I am sure will make himself known if he so desires.
Aces Guatemala x Malawi

Malawi styling cob just breath taking work.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Mulanji Gold

Mulanji Gold

Here are three different cures on the same bud.
I have tried number 3 about 20 mins ago and its already too strong it will keep going up for 3 to 4 hours as I chewed a small bud its going to be fun.
The white stuff is crystal its all sparkling the camera didn't pick it up very well but it looks like diamond dust all over.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Sticky Sat

Amazing art work, as always on this awesome thread ! ;)

Congrats to all of you for your great jobs brothers !

A very nice week end to all ! :)

Tangwena

Veteran
Love drug

Love drug

Here are some pics of my Panama x Honduras cobs and buds about to be sealed up to age for 2 or 3 months.

This stuff is already chewable even freshly cured.

Normally I find fresh cured unaged buds and cobs too stoney but not this plant.
Its super euphoric and trippy straight out of the bag!

Check out the flat canary bud its glistening with resin like frosting and the smell is amazing.
I am keeping this bud for testing ha ha. Its so good I cant emphasize

how euphoric and trippy it is already.
Once aged its going to be something truly special I hope to keep this plant going as a clone and harvest more and more until I find the optimum cure for the high.
So far its 10 /10 but I am sure it can be improved with aging.

Check out the juice in the bag the cola was in. The smell of the bag could be bottled as perfume I kid you not.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
PuntoRojo x ColJam

PuntoRojo x ColJam

Some pics of the canary buds from the green and purple phenos of this cross.
The buds have a sweet menthol floral smell and after aging I am sure they will be amazing.
I haven't tried them yet because I cant stop taking the Panama x Honduras I dont want to loose this amazingly clear trippy effect EVER!

picture.php
picture.php

F

Fermented

re : 420forum cob amking "chart" ...it states that if you don't have any moisture in the sealed bag after 24 hours @ 40C then go straight to the curing stage. I've found that if your cob has not released any moisture (sweated) during this 24 hours of 40C heat then fermentation won't take place or is that just me because I seal but don't vacuum?

S

Sertaiz

that panama × honduras looks sooo good......
i have both going now so ill have to cross them first thing.

gt is looking healthy...

Tangwena

Veteran
re : 420forum cob amking "chart" ...it states that if you don't have any moisture in the sealed bag after 24 hours @ 40C then go straight to the curing stage. I've found that if your cob has not released any moisture (sweated) during this 24 hours of 40C heat then fermentation won't take place or is that just me because I seal but don't vacuum?
You are correct my friend but as long as there is some moisture it will cure if warm enough.

It just takes longer and the result is usually a golden color.
But for real fermentation to take place you need moisture plus the correct temps as you said.

Tangwena

Veteran
that panama × honduras looks sooo good......
i have both going now so ill have to cross them first thing.

gt is looking healthy...
Hi brother have you got any pics I would love to check out your diary if you have one going.

S

Sertaiz

ya thanks man, i might as well make a journal of this first ace grow... coming soon

Tangwena

Veteran
2nd cob from the last round of harvest is 3 days into fermenting. Nice golden hue. Thanks again Tang for the info!
You know what they say "pics or it didn't happen"

Just kidding but would love to see a pic when you think she's sexy enough my friend.
Love me a golden cob any day of the week.

Night4wings20

You know what they say "pics or it didn't happen"

Just kidding but would love to see a pic when you think she's sexy enough my friend.
Love me a golden cob any day of the week.

Haha

I'll get a pic when it's done fermenting and I put it away for curing...after a little taste test of course ;)

Tangwena

Veteran
Zamaldelica x Ethiopian by Nieko

Zamaldelica x Ethiopian by Nieko

These beauties are now being aged for a month by a good friend Nieko a member of the cob club and ganja connoisseur looking for an old school golden cure.
This stuff should be rocket fuel in a month looking forward to the chew and smoke report.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

rangergord

Looks so good! I have been lurking and reading the thread here and at 420. I grew up at the time when hash and tropical Sativa from Mexico was all that was for sale. In the early 80’s I spent time near Acapulco and encountered the real Acapulco Gold and it really blew my mind. I tripped like never before or since. It is often said that A.G. is unique genetically and grown in a special climate and that’s why it’s psychedelic. After reading your accounts Tangwena I am not so sure that’s accurate. It was golden in color because it was rolled up in paper in high humidity and temperatures. The buds were compressed around the stalks they were grown on. While the Mexicans there did not cob per se, there were no rolling papers available and everyone rolled joints the size of small cigars in corn husks! It was a bit tricky to get used to because if you grabbed the corn husk joint the wrong way it would unravel on you!

Anyway I am preparing to cob for the first time and hoping to experience some trippy stuff. I have a Sativa Domina And Afghani indict plant hanging to dry a bit. I would like to cure one longer than the other. I hope to put a light brown hashy cure on the indica and a yellow gold on the Sativa trip weed��.
So happy I stumbled on your old school curing methods that shed light on the past.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi rangergord I love stories like that about the old school pot.
I agree its only since everyone got sold on green grass being good grass that those trippy highs have gone and been replaced by stony couch lock sedation.

Good sativas need a good cure, its no coincidence that well cured compacted buds look and smell like hash.
An Aussie friend of mine produces cobs of a sativa dom called Chopper Read that once aged is just like afgani black hash.

In a blind fold test I am sure most people would choose it by the aroma alone.

I think good sativa pot cured properly is the best high of any drug especially chewed it lasts all day.
I have had such sublime trips peaking in ecstacy and going beyond what I can keep a handle on from some of Aces gear, especially the latest Panama x Honduras high.

When I used to get GOOD cobs (not all were good). The high from smoking a pin joint was so strong I only needed one or two hits to trip as you say on grass.
I would give anything to try the authentic AG you mentioned, with a golden cure it would be extreme sativa for sure and thats what I love.

Tangwena

Veteran
Chopper Read

Chopper Read

This is a bad pic but you can see the consistency its squishy like fresh hash.
The smell is like you wish hash would smell like.
Its been aged 12 months.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

rangergord

Hi rangergord I love stories like that about the old school pot.
I agree its only since everyone got sold on green grass being good grass that those trippy highs have gone and been replaced by stony couch lock sedation.

Good sativas need a good cure, its no coincidence that well cured compacted buds look and smell like hash.
An Aussie friend of mine produces cobs of a sativa dom called Chopper Read that once aged is just like afgani black hash.

In a blind fold test I am sure most people would choose it by the aroma alone.

I think good sativa pot cured properly is the best high of any drug especially chewed it lasts all day.
I have had such sublime trips peaking in ecstacy and going beyond what I can keep a handle on from some of Aces gear, especially the latest Panama x Honduras high.

When I used to get GOOD cobs (not all were good). The high from smoking a pin joint was so strong I only needed one or two hits to trip as you say on grass.
I would give anything to try the authentic AG you mentioned, with a golden cure it would be extreme sativa for sure and thats what I love.

I do not know if A.G. is still grown there. I still visit Mexico but farther north. So far I have not seen anything remotely like what I had years ago. I plan to introduce your method to someone on my next trip there.

I really like the looks of that dark hashy Sativa. I have had the pleasure of smoking Himalayan hash in India as well and I really enjoy the taste and smell of it. To have cured bud like that would be awesome!

Latest posts

Latest posts