What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

H

HaHaHashish

Has anyone tried skipping the 24 hours on 40C stage and just gone straight to vac sealed at room temps? I'd imagine that the bud in the cobs would need to be a little drier to begin with...but I wonder if the high would be the same?

Last edited:
S

Sertaiz

aloha from the big island of Hawaii, i am starting some panama and golden tiger, honduras and malawi later. this is some unknown sativa cobbed and sweated for 4 days and starting to dry. first atthempt, i logged into this site for this very thread. too cool. the smell is very interesting, like a concentrated and deeper jar cure smell. mo funk.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=78471

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Sertaiz Pictures

Sertaiz Pictures

Aloha Sertaiz! :tiphat:

Took the liberty of posting your cob pictures inline:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

How did you sweat it? Definitely they're well sweated!

Have any bud pics to see original color?

Tangwena

Veteran
Has anyone tried skipping the 24 hours on 40C stage and just gone straight to vac sealed at room temps? I'd imagine that the bud in the cobs would need to be a little drier to begin with...but I wonder if the high would be the same?
Yes i have it will not ferment but depending on the ambient temps you store it at will still cure to some degree, very similar to jar cured just compressed.
Given time about 3 months you can get a nice golden cure especially if you store it around 30c
Its worth doing but if you give a short sweat say 6 to 12 hrs it will speed up the process and improve the result.

Tangwena

Veteran
aloha from the big island of Hawaii, i am starting some panama and golden tiger, honduras and malawi later. this is some unknown sativa cobbed and sweated for 4 days and starting to dry. first atthempt, i logged into this site for this very thread. too cool. the smell is very interesting, like a concentrated and deeper jar cure smell. mo funk.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=78471
Thanks to Repuk for reposting the cobs I couldn't figure out how to see them.
Put it down to old age ha ha.
Brother that is one dark "Congo Black style" cob. They can be very powerful once dried and aged a bit.
I had a Panama cob very similar and I'm still scared of it ha ha.

All the strains you are growing are my dream team man your a lucky fella.

Try some of the aromatic shorter sweats in your next batch I think you will like them a lot.

Sometimes I'm envious of members on here this is one of those times. More power to you my friend please post lots I would never get tired of looking at your posts my friend hats off brother.

Tangwena

Veteran
Cobbing this weekend with fresh Swazi and Original Glue. Woot!

It's the first time I'll be looking forward to January. :dance013:
Swazi cob haha Oh yes I still have some. Get ready to feel like you have won the lottery.

Its very clear and energetic chewed, like your heart is beating out of your chest from zest for life and everything you see.

Real African Zulu jungle juice.

H

HaHaHashish

Tangwena - cobs that are older than 12 months must be super rock hard, how do people break this up for jays?

My dense cobs become as hard and heavy as wood after only a month and closer resemble hash rather than bud. My cobs are so hard that a fingernail cannot break up the cobs, herb grinders don't work that well so they must be cut off or shaved off in tiny pieces with a pair of scissors for rolling jays or for my vape.

Last edited:
H

HaHaHashish

What is the latest, best technique for eating cobs? Just put it in my mouth and grind away on my molars for how long? Is it best to wash it down with a fat? On an empty stomach? Have you tried heating up a cob prior to eating (just like bud or hash is heated to activate the THC prior to eating)?

Last edited:
H

HaHaHashish

Sertaiz .......Deadly man.....

For non-Aussies....The saying "Deadly" (correct me if I'm wrong here) originated in Aboriginal communities in far north Queensland and the islands surrounding there. In this context It has nothing to do with being poisonous or dangerous and is used in a humorous way.
"Deadly" is often used to describe a person who is attractive, it's just a shorter version of "he's so handsome that he's deadly!" lol

and yeah, me too, Sertaiz, those cobs of yours are definitely "deadly".

Last edited:

ColaCalyx

First cobs

First cobs

Howzit @Tangwena
Been reading along for quite awhile, with lots of grins along the way:biggrin:. I am fascinated by this style of processing herb. Many thanks for sharing.
I have waitied to grow this Queen Mother as I've been waiting to try your cob cure, the salivating is over, the journey finally begins, the time is now!
Queen Mother has been hanging for 5 days now and the buds are still very pliable, in my conditions buds dry in 2 weeks, so she still has blood in her....this will work well enough for a sweat I hope. I want to try a lighter color cure for this first try, I dig the energetic effects you've described.
I trimmed up 87 grams to split between to cobs. I bought fresh corn and used the husks. Then I used butcher's twine to wrap them. I sealed them in vac bags with a little air left inside, and a canary bud along for the ride in each. I used my dehydrator on the 95f setting for 18 hours.
I have some Panama x Bangi Haze that's also been hanging 5 days that I'll be cobbing tomorrow along with some 2 day hanging Guawi. I have one Guawi still flowering outside that is quite different than her sister. It'll be an interesting cobb-off. Irie vibes to all!:dance013:

Attachments

• 20181022_180312.jpg
    20181022_180312.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20181025_161229.jpg
    20181025_161229.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20181025_161552.jpg
    20181025_161552.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 12
  • 20181025_162650.jpg
    20181025_162650.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20181025_163607.jpg
    20181025_163607.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 14

Tangwena

Veteran
Howzit @Tangwena
Been reading along for quite awhile, with lots of grins along the way:biggrin:. I am fascinated by this style of processing herb. Many thanks for sharing.
I have waitied to grow this Queen Mother as I've been waiting to try your cob cure, the salivating is over, the journey finally begins, the time is now!
Queen Mother has been hanging for 5 days now and the buds are still very pliable, in my conditions buds dry in 2 weeks, so she still has blood in her....this will work well enough for a sweat I hope. I want to try a lighter color cure for this first try, I dig the energetic effects you've described.
I trimmed up 87 grams to split between to cobs. I bought fresh corn and used the husks. Then I used butcher's twine to wrap them. I sealed them in vac bags with a little air left inside, and a canary bud along for the ride in each. I used my dehydrator on the 95f setting for 18 hours.
I have some Panama x Bangi Haze that's also been hanging 5 days that I'll be cobbing tomorrow along with some 2 day hanging Guawi. I have one Guawi still flowering outside that is quite different than her sister. It'll be an interesting cobb-off. Irie vibes to all!:dance013:
Howzit to you to my brother you have the plan down pat and the pot to pull it off as well, all good energetic types.
These sativa type plants have unreal highs cured this way.

If you have a spare cola stick the whole thing stalk and all in a bag with same treatment as a cob.
When you've finished it will blow you away. They cure more energetic than the same buds in a cob its an awesome buzz.

It gets my pulse racing just thinking about it. Please post pics if you can of the buds before wrapping and after curing ect.

It is a big help for others thinking to try this as they can get to know what to expect its a bit scary the first time.

After the first time you will just want to keep doing it and experimenting with different combinations to get even more outstanding results.
Hats off to you for being open enough to give it a go. I can feel your going to kill it my friend. You have the right sort of open mind and its going to be set free really soon in the best way imaginable.

Its very cool to share our experiences like this on line without it nothing would ever be learnt.

Tangwena

Veteran
Tangwena - cobs that are older than 12 months must be super rock hard, how do people break this up for jays?

My dense cobs become as hard and heavy as wood after only a month and closer resemble hash rather than bud. My cobs are so hard that a fingernail cannot break up the cobs, herb grinders don't work that well so they must be cut off or shaved off in tiny pieces with a pair of scissors for rolling jays or for my vape.
Hi brother you've been busy today ha ha.

I never had a problem rolling joints when I smoked ha ha.
Just like rolling up little chunks of coal with a bit of dust in to fill it out. I would twist one end as per usual then tap the joint to compact it all break off the spare paper or insert a filter of card board.
Cob burns real slow like charcoal once its lit it never goes out.
It doesn't have to be beautiful most of mine ended up about half an inch long and a quarter inch thick but I could never finish them in one sitting. 2 drags and I was off, 3 drags and I couldn't hold the joint because my fingers felt like sausages ha ha.

As far as chewing others have been experimenting with chewing with fatty foods on a full or empty stomach ect.
I am sure they all work in different ways. I just chew it whenever I feel the need.

I chew into dust for 10 mins and wash it down OR wash it out.

If I wash it down I get the full effects.

If I wash it out after chewing I get the rush up but no deep trippy long lasting high.

Good if you have to meet the folks you get there going up and slowly straighten out instead of keeping on going up and freaking them out.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

Do they soften up if you heat them like hash does?

Big Nasty

Howzit @Tangwena
Nice buds and cobs man,the goldens are like pure adrenaline for me,i feel like Eric Clapton on steroids even if i really suck as a player,it infuses rythm in my veins,better find something to do while the waves come :)
Tang,i forgot,how do you use the cob oil?sublingual?