What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
Had .5g of 3 or 4 month cured Malawi last night and had the strangest, trippiest and best time. 20 hours later and still a little blissed.
Thats awesome my friend I used to think it was just me and I was going crazy ha ha.
Now i know its just that we are blessed.

Mick

Veteran
You're not crazy mate, but if you are, then there's a few more crazies out this way, as most everyone has loved it, but most smoked it and not ate.
Last night I think I heard the rusty hinges of the doors to my heart creak open a little more :) Had some amazing experiences on cob. This stuff just takes you where you need to go.
Thanks again for putting this up.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
repuk Zam Malawi Cobs

repuk Zam Malawi Cobs

Mick, that's so great to hear :) and the kind of experience we all seek! Did you smoke or ate it?

Zamldelica Cobs

After 30 days of curing, I unsealed them today to find them still pretty moist. All humidity traveled from maize husk to the cobbed buds.

It was obvious some sort of wax from the maize husk sealed the cob, as husks where perfectly adhered to the cobs. Looked like honey and vanished quickly.

picture.php

Smell was brined vegetables at the beggining, slowly subduing to a sweet Mangoish fermented smell.

picture.php

All pics are color balanced with a grey card. Greenish tone slowly seem to dissapear or turn orangeish with drying.

picture.php

picture.php

Let's recap, until now:

- Sweat phase: 3 cycles of heating to 60C then leaving residual heat 4 hour each.

- Fermentation: 8 days at daytemp (30C max)

Leave them drying until husk dry to the touch, then revac and leave

- Curing: 30 days at daytemp (30C max).

Unseal, let dry. (Current phase, been like 3 hours and they're pretty damp still, drying slowly at room temp, 20C)

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi brother those will slow dry nicely and as they age should bring out the taste and highs.
The color looks great treat them well and they should be superb from the photos.
Mick said he chewed 0.4g in his report.
Once yours are dry try 0.5g to get a feel for the effects then adjust up or down from there.
As they age you will need less and less to get off.

Drunken Buddha

You're not crazy mate, but if you are, then there's a few more crazies out this way, as most everyone has loved it, but most smoked it and not ate.
Last night I think I heard the rusty hinges of the doors to my heart creak open a little more :) Had some amazing experiences on cob. This stuff just takes you where you need to go.

As the other Mick once said, "You can't always get what you want, but you'll get what you need."

Amazing energy in the Cob, sometimes like MMDA where you can't sit still, other times like Ecstasy where you call up an old girl friend after 10 years and spend 2 hours talking to her. You got it right on when you mentioned the Heart......cob puts the mind on hold and lets the heart step out without fear.

picture.php

Last edited:

Drunken Buddha

As they age you will need less and less to get off.

I'm spoiled by McKush's MH7 cob. The Mange Rosa cobs I made are particularly clear, peaceful, and introspective......good for working all day. The MH7, shit, the tiniest piece now, like two match-head's worth, slow chewed until gone, is all I need to spend a nice day at work. A piece the size of a pea makes a day at work impossible because I can't put my thoughts into sentences to come out of my mouth. A chunk the size of two peas is a Tang Trip.....the kind you mention where you listen to music, on your back, for 3 hours before you consider going anywhere else.

Tangwena

Veteran
As the other Mick once said, "You can't always get what you want, but you'll get what you need."

Amazing energy in the Cob, sometimes like MMDA where you can't sit still, other times like Ecstasy where you call up an old girl friend after 10 years and spend 2 hours talking to her. You got it right on when you mentioned the Heart......cob puts the mind on hold and lets the heart step out without fear.

View Image
You have such a way with words my friend I have always considered you to be like a brother i feel we understand each other.
Ha Ha I was still spaced from yesterdays dose now the GT is working its way through my veins i will be seeing Alice shortly f--k this world ha ha

Mick

Veteran
Mick, that's so great to hear :) and the kind of experience we all seek! Did you smoke or ate it?

Zamldelica Cobs

After 30 days of curing, I unsealed them today to find them still pretty moist. All humidity traveled from maize husk to the cobbed buds.

It was obvious some sort of wax from the maize husk sealed the cob, as husks where perfectly adhered to the cobs. Looked like honey and vanished quickly.

Smell was brined vegetables at the beggining, slowly subduing to a sweet Mangoish fermented smell.

View Image

View Image

All pics are color balanced with a grey card. Greenish tone slowly seem to dissapear or turn orangeish with drying.

View Image

View Image

Let's recap, until now:

- Sweat phase: 3 cycles of heating to 60C then leaving residual heat 4 hour each.

- Fermentation: 8 days at daytemp (30C max)

Leave them drying until husk dry to the touch, then revac and leave

- Curing: 30 days at daytemp (30C max).

Unseal, let dry. (Current phase, been like 3 hours and they're pretty damp still, drying slowly at room temp, 20C)

Hey Repuk, I ate a little over .5g. A month or 2 ago this amount would of got me really stoned and discombobulated, but now it's super clear and trippy, all unicorns and rainbows :biggrin:
Beautiful cob pics mate.
I've been getting some strange smells too. I gave a mate some Z99 cob and he opened the bag and took a big sniff, then made some disparaging remarks about how it didn't smell like weed but more like overripe bananas. So he rolls a joint and after 3 or 4 puffs he's gone, staring out into who knows what, with the joint still between his fingers, and he stayed like that for a long time :)

Mick

Veteran

View Image

Awesome pic.
Beautiful thoughts mate. Ayahuasca has the Little Doctors, but Cob has the Little Heart Pixies :biggrin:

Aged

I gave a mate some Z99 cob and he opened the bag and took a big sniff, then made some disparaging remarks about how it didn't smell like weed but more like overripe bananas. So he rolls a joint and after 3 or 4 puffs he's gone, staring out into who knows what, with the joint still between his fingers, and he stayed like that for a long time :)
:laughing:
That sounds amazing!

Is Z99 a zamal x c99? faster flowering with sativa effects?
I check this thread everyday I love the methods people are playing with and the effects they're describing.

Mick

Veteran
:laughing:
That sounds amazing!

Is Z99 a zamal x c99? faster flowering with sativa effects?
I check this thread everyday I love the methods people are playing with and the effects they're describing.

Z99 is a Zoid Fuel x C99. Super strong. I've only grown the one and the cobs started out really clear but then went stony. I'm hoping a good age will bring out the sativa effects. It's a hit with mates, as I started with 5 cobs and am down to 2, which I'm going to hide.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks Tangwena! Cannot wait to test them...

Hey Repuk, I ate a little over .5g. A month or 2 ago this amount would of got me really stoned and discombobulated, but now it's super clear and trippy, all unicorns and rainbows :biggrin:

:laughing: love that term (discombobulated)!

Mick said:
Beautiful cob pics mate.
I've been getting some strange smells too. I gave a mate some Z99 cob and he opened the bag and took a big sniff, then made some disparaging remarks about how it didn't smell like weed but more like overripe bananas. So he rolls a joint and after 3 or 4 puffs he's gone, staring out into who knows what, with the joint still between his fingers, and he stayed like that for a long time :)

:laughing: hahahah... then is he who went overripe! or bananas!

Scottay

Incredible to hear the plethora of different effects of the Cobs. Even different effect from the same Cobs @ different times in the cure! This thread is great friends! Keep spreading the love and the information!!! Peacceee.....

Tangwena

Veteran
Sweet Sue's post

Sweet Sue's post

I hope Sweet Sue doesn't mind but this is gold. Red diesel on display.

My method.

Prep stage:
Harvest your buds and hang dry for 1-2 days. If you were to put them in a jar with a hygrometer they’d be ready when it reads about 75% - 82%.

Roll 1 to 1-1/2 ounces into a log and wrap it in a pre-moistened, and washed corn husk.

Sweat Stage:
Vacuum seal the wrapped log in a bag and “ferment” at 104° for 24 hours or so, I use a food dehydrator others use seed starter mats and someone even puts theirs in a heated a hot tub.

After 24 hours, or until you feel they are ready, open the vacuum sealed bags and husk and dry the cob for an hour or two, until it feels dry on the outside but still moist and flexible on the inside.

Ferment stage:
Vacuum seal again and let sit at 80° for one week. The first couple weeks I rewrap it in the corn husk but after that I just put them right in the vacuum bags with no husk.

After a week at 80° open it and let dry to the touch again (an hour or two).

Reseal and leave at 80° for another week then open, dry, and reseal again. Repeat for a total of four weeks or until you feel they are ready.

After four weeks or so of opening, drying, and resealing leave them out to dry for 1-2 days. If you were to put them in a jar with a hygrometer they’ll be ready when it stabilizes at about 62%.

Cure stage:
Put the unwrapped cobs in a jar with an optional 62% Boveda pack and burp the jar semi regularly for about three months just as you would cure regular buds.

Blast off and enjoy.

I posted this so you could pick up the correction @Mr. Magoo and replace the one you posted.

The only correction I made was to the humidity levels going into the cob. I try to get closer to that 82%. I find I like those cobs best.

@DrDoob ....... mighty impressed by your grasp of the process. I let them tell me when they’re done. Just this morning I took the Devil’s Carnival cob out to dry after two months curing and decided to do the same with the Red Diesel that’s a month out of fermenting. It was the smell that made me choose today.

That cob has me f-l-y-I-n-g at the senior center. Lol! I had a 0.7 gr piece. WooHoo!

ic

picture.php
picture.php

ic

ic

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
SweetSue said:
After 24 hours, or until you feel they are ready, open the vacuum sealed bags and husk and dry the cob for an hour or two, until it feels dry on the outside but still moist and flexible on the inside.

I think this could be the key for golden cob cures. I didn't dry mine that much, hence the dark brown-green cure.

This cure should preserve the most terpene and looks wise... was looking exactly for this! :biggrin:

SweetSue said:
Ferment stage:
Vacuum seal again and let sit at 80° for one week. The first couple weeks I rewrap it in the corn husk but after that I just put them right in the vacuum bags with no husk.

After a week at 80° open it and let dry to the touch again (an hour or two).

Reseal and leave at 80° for another week then open, dry, and reseal again. Repeat for a total of four weeks or until you feel they are ready.

After four weeks or so of opening, drying, and resealing leave them out to dry for 1-2 days. If you were to put them in a jar with a hygrometer they’ll be ready when it stabilizes at about 62%.

Cure stage:
Put the unwrapped cobs in a jar with an optional 62% Boveda pack and burp the jar semi regularly for about three months just as you would cure regular buds.

Blast off and enjoy.

SweetSue's Golden Malawi Cob Recipe! :tiphat:

Simple, and detailed, double golden! ;)

I guess using dehydrator to control drying will have the added advantage of setting an humidity point?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Picture mission failed. That shit smoked so smooth. The weed it came from wasn't the best, kind of a giggly high. The cob seems to have made it "more so" like now it's really giggly high.

Tangwena

Veteran
Malawi x Ethiopian 6 months aged and Golden Tiger 6 months aged.

Malawi x Ethiopian 6 months aged and Golden Tiger 6 months aged.

For when you absolutely positively have to be some one else, somewhere else for the day.
I bring you Malawi x Ethiopian and Golden Tiger now aged for 6 months.
Some friends who smoke will get to sample these in a couple of weeks time at my remote fishing camp. I love seeing them get high they love it so much.
This MxE is mind blowingly strong fermented and aged, great for a party you are so out of it having a super positive tripping high its unreal.
I am so confident and full of energy I feel like a New Orleans pimp or a Zulu warrior who's loin cloth is struggling to keep a lid on my desire for life. Talk about feeling confident ha ha.
Check out the pics I only had 0.25g that piece on the scales is 0.33g
That is a typo P X E should be M x E ha ha..... I was going up at the time.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php