What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
does anybody know what qualifications are required for a thread to become a sticky? this thread has the second most posts and the second most views of any thread in the harvesting and processing section of this site. seems this thread should have been a sticky a long time ago.
STICKY!
:headbange

Tangwena

Veteran
Malawi x Ethiopia

Malawi x Ethiopia

I opened another Malawi x Ethiopian cob
This one was dried for 2 days, sweated for 24hrs at 40c, then sealed up wet for 6 days.
Today I dried it for 1 hr until the skin was dry to the touch.
Its now back in the vacuum bag to cure/age for another month minimum.
Did I mention the aroma?
Real deal ganja man African smell of fermented fresh cobs brings back memories old school grass.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

H

HaHaHashish

Send a sticky request to a Moderator, I'm guessing the easiest and best way to do this would be to hit "Report Post" symbol (that's on the bottom LHS of every post) and write a request and a moderator will see it...maybe if a few of us do that then it will happen?

edit : I just requested it

Last edited:
H

HaHaHashish

The high is a deeper more soul satisfying high. It's more of a hash high for me. Deep, rich, satisfying and long lasting.

I agree, but also keep in mind when comparing the effects of buds with cobs that bud is not as dense nor as heavy. I can get twice as many hits from a cob joint compared to the same size bud joint (though my cobs are heavy, dense and compacted), so the comparison is not fair unless you count the inhalations then compare the highs, I have and cobs still have the high I reach for.

There's a reggae song about dabbing on Bubbleman's youtube channel., I don't know the name of the song but the chorus is "I'm dab, dab, dab, dab, dab, dab dab dabbing..." I now sing to myself "I'm cob, cob, cob, cob cobbing....". I couldn't find it, so if some one knows the song, please post a link as it's a cool song.

Happy Cobbing

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Send a sticky request to a Moderator, I'm guessing the easiest and best way to do this would be to hit "Report Post" symbol (that's on the bottom LHS of every post) and write a request and a moderator will see it...maybe if a few of us do that then it will happen?

edit : I just requested it

Sticky request received and executed. This thread has made it to 'Stickydom'....

Tangwena

Veteran
The high is a deeper more soul satisfying high. It's more of a hash high for me. Deep, rich, satisfying and long lasting.

I agree, but also keep in mind when comparing the effects of buds with cobs that bud is not as dense nor as heavy. I can get twice as many hits from a cob joint compared to the same size bud joint (though my cobs are heavy, dense and compacted), so the comparison is not fair unless you count the inhalations then compare the highs, I have and cobs still have the high I reach for.

There's a reggae song about dabbing on Bubbleman's youtube channel., I don't know the name of the song but the chorus is "I'm dab, dab, dab, dab, dab, dab dab dabbing..." I now sing to myself "I'm cob, cob, cob, cob cobbing....". I couldn't find it, so if some one knows the song, please post a link as it's a cool song.

Happy Cobbing
Cool man thanks for the sticky request.
Your preference for the cob high is what I originally started this thread for so cool people who enjoy their herb could get the most out of it.
You are spot on with your description its a slower smoke and deeper more satisfying high.

The more cobs you make the better you will get at it.
There are some magical cures to be had by varying the times and heat ect.
Thanks again to all who have contributed to this thread.
There have been some beautiful cobs shown over the years by people who have a great love for their plants. Cob on brothers.

Tangwena

Veteran
Malawi x Ethiopian cobs

Malawi x Ethiopian cobs

This is what these cobs looked like 4 days ago prior to sweating for 20hrs at 40c, then sealed still wet for 3 days.
I am drying them about 50% and then they will be re sealed to age for a month.
After that they will be starting to be ripe. After 3 months they will be prime.
Note how the canary buds I use as an indicator are almost exactly the same color as the cobs they are a good method to know how the cure is progressing.
6 days ago these were still growing.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Prepping the yield of my thunk to cob, looking for some green corn, lol.

View Image

I will trim from stem and wrap her up.

Such a good thread, and now a sticky, good job.
Thats alright to practice on but once you get it down its best to use your best buds you will get better results.
Any close ups of the buds?

H

HaHaHashish

looking for some green corn

brown paper from a heavy duty grocery bag works so does oven baking parchment paper. I just used corn husks for the first time and they split from opening and closing them, I prefer parchment paper, it's durable, so much so that I have reused the same paper twice. Parchment paper is what the rosin makers use as it's heat resistant and resin doesn't stick to it like other material.

Last edited:

EvergreenState

Happy Cobbing

When comparing the cob joints to regular bud joints, with the same number of hits, there was a clear difference in the effects. The cob joint effects were more soul satisfying and it was a much more soothing body experience. The regular joints had a more racey and stimulating effect. The fact that I kept smoking the cob joint after that original initial comparison, I wrote down my reactions to a regular joint from the previous day and compared them to my feelings after a similar number of hits from the cob joint, was due to the far superior smoking experience of the cob joint.
I'm not going to say that the superiority of the cob was due to an increase in thc because that is probably not the case, although it is possible that there MAY have been an increase. The superiority, in my mind, is due to all of the things the cob joint doesn't have. It doesn't have any plant material that hasn't been broken down.
That in turn eliminates many of the negative effects of harshness, irritation of the sinuses, throat or lungs. I think the elimination of those negatives creates an experience where you are only left with the positives. You can now give all of your attention and focus to the positive effects because you aren't distracted by the negatives. The excellent smoothness of the smoking experience is a new and additional positive. The high itself was deeper and more pleasurable.
The deeper, more psychedelic experience, Tangwena describes is something that I hope to experience when I can follow his instructions more accurately.

EvergreenState

In addition, I didn't want to imply that the intensity is lessened and that the high is now mostly a body high. The body high is greater and the actual intensity is increased. I said in an earlier post I believe these cobs are what is considered a concentrate these days. In Africa this was considered the norm from what I've learned in this thread.
You are going to get a higher concentration of trichomes per square mm when you compact the volume of 28 grams of buds into a couple of moderately small cob buds. So the high is deeper both in body and mind. Did I say it was smooth?:groupwave:
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Not to me ha ha good shit non the less. From the color you did a good job let them age a month or two.
I find 3 months is perfect they get way smoother and the high even clearer.
Yesterday I tried a Panama cob piece still way to young but it blew me away as only a good cob can. The taste , smell and effect will get even better in a couple of months if stored in a vacuum bag it just keeps improving.

EvergreenState

Not to me ha ha good shit non the less. From the color you did a good job let them age a month or two.
I find 3 months is perfect they get way smoother and the high even clearer.
Yesterday I tried a Panama cob piece still way to young but it blew me away as only a good cob can. The taste , smell and effect will get even better in a couple of months if stored in a vacuum bag it just keeps improving.

Thanks for the advice on the three month cure in the vac. bag.:tiphat: You make me want to grow the Panama.:biggrin:

Tangwena

Veteran
Thanks for the advice on the three month cure in the vac. bag.:tiphat: You make me want to grow the Panama.:biggrin:
Get some cobbed it will blow you away GT and Zamaldelica also are specially trippy cobbed I have had nothing stronger than these three since I left Malawi a long time ago.
I have VERY high hopes for the Malawi x Ethiopian I am maturing right now it looks and smells like the real deal to me.

EvergreenState

The regular buds are great!:greenstars: Some people might prefer that high. Sometimes I do. I think the beautiful thing about pot is that everybody can find themselves in a certain high.
I'm enjoying a Back to the Congo #1, the fast flowering 45+- day pheno as I write this and I love this effect in a different way but as much as the cob high. Or maybe it is piggy backing on the cob high and the two are simpatico. The Cabernet wine in conjunction with the great dope is working too! If it works, it works, it's all good.:canabis:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Thats alright to practice on but once you get it down its best to use your best buds you will get better results.
Any close ups of the buds?

lol.

I got it down, not my first time, but will cob
half of this and smoke the other half as buds.

Cobbed some wide leaf too, good process, thanks for the tip.

Chewing the cobbed product is a real treat!

Latest posts

Latest posts