What's new

Malawi commercial yielder

vapor

Veteran
yes i have seen 2.5 lbs under 1, 1000watt hps and i dont know how you would get more bud under 1, 1000watt hps..... pictures.please.......

dickcorn

Check pheonix thread in bog forums. 100 Oz per bulb, lots of pictures. I say it is possible, just maybe unlikely without some pictures to back it up.
PS. I pull over 2 in a 5x5 with sour60 every time. All organics.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
well lets take a recap of this. Some guy out of oregon with 4 posts tells us that he harvested nearly four pounds per light, then he doesnt bother to show back up. Im sorry but people do use this site for marketing. Go out and buy that malawi kids! Dont be so gullible.

there goes edro

Veteran
Whether he lying or not Ace Seeds def put out quality genetics! Ive been looking into African strains to run sometime in the future when I have the space! Malawi sounded like a psychoactive high that I might enjoy, so want it,but not because of this thread but because Ace and CBG are ACES with me!

oregon

I did not think my post would get so much attention

I did not think my post would get so much attention

Malawi was sprouted June first and was kept in a 5 gallon container till november. Than was transplanted into a 53 gallon container. vegged one month under lumitec light and flowered some other factors i used co2 at 1500 ppm and Malawi needs to be scrogged indoors for max yield and roots can never be restricted once you enter flowering or yield will be dramatically reduced. I also used advanced nutrients grand master line. Roots are the most important thing so along with voodoo, piranha and my favorite tarantula I also used roots excelurator and dutch master foliar sprays they are the best in foliar technology. I am harvesting my Og kush tonight I will be lucky to get a ounce and a half in a 5 gallon container and yes thats dry weight.
I have a golden tiger thats going to yield over 3 pounds under a 1000w lumitec currently on day 56 of flowering if someone tells me how to post a smart phone pic i will be happy to post some pics I do not know much about computers though. I am a plant guy so don't be mad if I dont post for 2-3 days. :peacock::peacock:https://www.icmag.com/ic/images/smilies/peacock.gif

astartes

Check pheonix thread in bog forums. 100 Oz per bulb, lots of pictures. I say it is possible, just maybe unlikely without some pictures to back it up.
PS. I pull over 2 in a 5x5 with sour60 every time. All organics.

Considering the guy's goal is 1000 GRAMS per 7'x8' area with a 1K bulb, not sure where' you're pulling out 100 ounces, other than imagination land. That would be 2840 grams. If you can't pull 2 pounds out of 56 square feet, then something is very wrong.

I completely believe a 4 pound long-flowering sativa under a 1K. Those that don't haven't played around with full sativas enough.

a.

Prest1

ACE Seeds are breeders, not seed sellers. That is the difference between them and many other companies in this business. If I could only ever grow ACE Seeds again, I doubt I would even flinch. :D

dickcorn

Read page 125 of sourbubble 2010 thread. 100 Plants clearing oz per, 6 lbs per bulb. Not sure how ya missed if ya can read.

astartes

Oh, you mean the his new grow that he isn't allowed to post pics of? The 10x10 in 1 gals with 99 plants? I can read just fine. I just choose to apply common sense when I read.

If you believe that # then you undoubtedly also believe I ride a unicorn to work everyday. Because if it's posted on an anonymous online forum, it must be true!

a.

oregon

If Hoots or tokin bowls grew one Malawi under a lumitec on superburn with co2 and proper veg time with a 53 gallon potter they would easily pull 4lb per light.. Have you guys seen these pictures? just combine the weight of their plants- I am sure there pulling similar numbers. I can posts Iphone picture but I don't know how to plus the malawi and golden tiger are so big I need to do a panoramic view to get the full plant in the picture. also I keep all my Sativas plants under there own 1k lumitec and all my lights work together if i only had one bulb in the room im sure the yield would be less.
Is there any photographers out there? my ceilings are 7ft high plus lights hang down a foot. my problem is with a single plant being over 40 square feet how can I possibly get the whole plant in one picture I dont think its possible even in a panoramic view unless i just show the tops or bottoms.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Well, hey! The point of the thread -at base- was that Malawi produces well. That's the salient piece of information. I'm not seeing folks dispute that, yet. So - that's what I'll walk away with.

Personally, I love pics AND credibility as much as the next cannasseur but it's really no sweat to me personally - one way or the other - as to whether the OP was exaggerating or not. Seems tangential. Perhaps folks can split this out or take it off thread.

oregon

I have pics and will show them if someone would tell me how to but, not one person has told me how to posts pics!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How can a plant even be so big you cant take a pic? People take shots of their outdoor monsters and you can tell its gonna weigh in huge. Just like if you take a photo of a light stuffed with 4lbs worth of colas, well all know it based on several factors. Cola size, density, tops per square foot, the trellis training, or whatever. How big of a footprint we talkin here under 1k? 5x5 or more? Either way it doesnt seem impossible to snap a photo. Donjuan matus grows giant trees in rockwool he vegges for 80+ days and gets 2.5 per light. He easily takes credible photos that make it clear hes killing it. Pictures speak a thousand words or in this case about 2000 grams hopefully. I have a hard time believing anyone can grow 4 per light without being able to figure out how to take a pic of it. Not trying to be rude just saying 2.0 per watt is a feat of horticultural success, if you can make that happen, you can find a way to take a picture and put it on a forum, its pretty simple.

Oneiros

Oregon, just go to any site like picpaste.com and upload the photos. Be sure to save the links to place within your post in a message in this thread. When you post a reply there are little icons above the space where you type.. one of these, the second from the right, is "insert image". click that and insert the link to the photo you posted on the photo hosting site of your choice. It takes a minute to figure out. You don't need a better camera or to wait for the stars to align in a special way.. it only takes a minute and the will. If you fail, we'll help you through it. I'm sure of this.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Upload images to your ic album. Remove the exif data. Plenty of exif removers out there for free.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Man did you step in it Oregon. I have no doubt that Ace has great genetics and that you are getting heavy yields. Ive been in this game for quite some time and your numbers are off chart. Heres the thing thats going on in my head that troubles me. Most of us around here on the west coast have seen PLENTY of four pound plants. they run from eight foot across and eight foot tall (small) on up, you probably have harvested some yourself from the sounds of it. Im trying to picture that much weed under a now puney looking 1kw bulb. I dont care how many plants you throw in your little 53g tub, or how long you vegged, the equation doesnt compute, sorry. Your talking to people that have been growing in the underground for a very long time on these forums. Ive heard of staggering harvests of 800-900 grams per meter sq.(thats roughly the area a 1kw bulb efficiently lights). But not sixty ounces, thats a first. Anyone thats anyone is gonna call you on this man. Now, if you were to reneg on what you said about 60 OZ A LIGHT and say something more along the lines of your plant has a 1kw above it and receives side lighting on 2 sides from 1k's in addition that would be at least remotely believable. Something like this is the only thing that is going to save you from a verbal ass spanking, which I think you are getting a taste of. Or you come up with pictures of 2 liter bottle sized buds setting like soldiers 1/16 of an inch from each other 3 feet deep 5 feet square! I appologize to be so forward , but do you realize the can you have opened? Ill certainly rep you cuz your balls are so huge! Ill be around to see how your doing with this and have a good laugh! Great thread man! Absolutely have to subscribe to this circus act!

:moon:Lumatek on superburn, sounds fancy, lol, get outa town!:laughing::woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts