What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making Hashish = Life in Prison?

O

OrganicOzarks

This is far from surprising. If you have ever spent time there then you would say "sounds about right". You guys do realize that tattooing was illegal until 2006 in Oklahoma as well. Seriously. You could go to jail for tattooing someone until November 2006.

AGBeer

Looks like it sailed through the house as well. Now it goes back to a 'lower' chamber for the 'final' vote. Hate to live in OK right now, cause its definitely NOT OK there...

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2011/apr/22/oklahoma_senate_passes_life_sent

The Oklahoma Senate Wednesday passed a bill that would mandate a sentence of up to life in prison for making hashish out of marijuana. The House has already approved the measure, but it must go back to the lower chamber for a final vote.

Making this could get you life in prison in Oklahoma if a current bill becomes law (Image via Wikimedia.org)
The measure sailed through the Senate with little debate, passing on a vote of 44-2. The House also approved the measure by a large margin, passing it on a vote of 75-18.

The bill, House Bill 1798, creates a new felony of converting marijuana into hash. A first conviction could garner a $50,000 fine and prison sentence of two years to life. Second or subsequent convictions would net doubled penalties.

Oklahoma legislative analysts said the bill would cost the state $56 per day, or more than $20,000 a year, for each day someone is imprisoned. At that rate, if Oklahoma imprisoned five hash makers for 10 years each, the bill to taxpayers would be one million dollars.

The bill was the brainchild of the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs (OBNDD), which says on its web site that its mission is "to serve the citizens of Oklahoma in the quest for a drug-free state."

According to the Tulsa World, OBNDD said there have been "few" cases of hash making in the Sooner State. But OBNDD spokesman Mark Woodward said the goal of the bill is to "send a message" that illegal drugs won't be tolerated in Oklahoma.

Neither, apparently, will common sense or a sense of proportionality.
Oklahoma City, OK
United States

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Yet next door, in Colorado - a gram of honey hash oil is concidered about the same as a gram of bud.

I say send the Oklahoma polititans to Colorado and have somebody blow smoke on them till they "straighten up" - so to speak.

GanjaPharma

look folks this hash cooking needs to stop.
just the other day I busted my own father, cooking hash in my very own house!
there were bits of ice and water EVERYWHERE! I had to get a team of HAZMAT techs to come in here and clean it up. there was almost an entire roll of paper towels used, and i found a muddy footprint in the MIDDLE OF MY KITCHEN FLOOR!

anyway, I turned my dad in to the Oakies but they said that they couldnt come get him cuz we are all the way up in washington (which they thought was in new england). but the captain was very sympathetic, he said that hash cooks were worse than guys who fuck their sisters, and then refuse to marry them.

i dont know what to do now!
I tried restraining the old man, but had to settle with incapacitating him with the full melt bubble he had been cooking. I am so upset i think i am going to attempt to kill myself with a hash overdose as soon as i am done typing this post. (ill let ya know how it turns out)

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
yeah.... manufacturing...fucktards are plugging holes...if this passes the governers desk, will water be considered a 'precursor chemical' to be regulated? ...sounds about right!

O

OrganicOzarks

The reason they are doing these things is because medical is at everyones door step. So if they take a step 30 years back then that is an extra 30 years it will take for them to get medical. That is how all of the conservative republican christians think. If they take ten steps back then that is ten steps foreward that the pot heads will have to go just to get back to square one. Let alone "actually" moving forward and getting medical. I am glad I no longer reside there.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Re: Making Hashish = Life in Prison?

Not surprised. You can get life for growing 1 plant.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why do they call it "cooking hash"..whenever i made hash i never cooked it.

Dont they use the term "cooking" when referring to meth labs also? I hope they arent trying to scare people into thinking making hash is dangerous and/or that hash itself is dangerous.

It just goes to show how ignorant the people are. It is a bunch of scared jesus sheep making laws about things they have zero knowledge of. welcome to the bible belt.

since hash is not "cooked" your lawyer could argue that you didn't brake the new law as long as you didn't make edibles.

ijim

Just thee type of ignorance that fuels the war on drugs. I doubt that any of those representatives even bothered to research a substance that they are willing to send people to prison for. It is all dope to them. They can stand up at election time and say look at my record. I am tough on drugs. And they will be the last to understand that the people are getting tired of the war on drugs. And war period.

Iraganji

look folks this hash cooking needs to stop.
just the other day I busted my own father, cooking hash in my very own house!
there were bits of ice and water EVERYWHERE! I had to get a team of HAZMAT techs to come in here and clean it up. there was almost an entire roll of paper towels used, and i found a muddy footprint in the MIDDLE OF MY KITCHEN FLOOR!

anyway, I turned my dad in to the Oakies but they said that they couldnt come get him cuz we are all the way up in washington (which they thought was in new england). but the captain was very sympathetic, he said that hash cooks were worse than guys who fuck their sisters, and then refuse to marry them.

i dont know what to do now!
I tried restraining the old man, but had to settle with incapacitating him with the full melt bubble he had been cooking. I am so upset i think i am going to attempt to kill myself with a hash overdose as soon as i am done typing this post. (ill let ya know how it turns out)

:laughing: :biglaugh:

Littleleaf

Veteran
To think I loved liveing there UNTIL They wanted to give me 25yrs just for one fucking leaf.
OH Thanks alot DAD!!! You fucking freemasion racists bigot!!!!!!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
To think I loved liveing there UNTIL They wanted to give me 25yrs just for one fucking leaf.
OH Thanks alot DAD!!! You fucking freemasion racists bigot!!!!!!

Do not blame your dad, for what millions of Voters did-- He is allowed his opinion--:tiphat:

D

decarboxylator

I can't even read this thread, the title alone made me pee my pants a little.
post edit: oh OK, fuck OK, I'm never going thru that state again. I've been saying. We need a chain of MMj states across the nation so we can move herb and hash around. knaw what I mean?

And Lazyman, they coming for your ass dawg. Oils are going to be the first to go. Get it while it's good homie. Dabbin!

Attachments

• jack hash2.jpg
    jack hash2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 10

Littleleaf

Veteran
So I can't blame him for calling the police?
So I can't blame him for telling the DA to put me in prison for LIFE?
So I can't blame him for loosing my land and radiator shop?
That was on it's way to making $100,000.oo a year profit.
So I can't blame him for loosing 6 cars,two boats,4 4atvs,all my tools,every thing I owned????

So who do I blame?
Me for growing a plant that helps me deal with pain?

Do not blame your dad, for what millions of Voters did-- He is allowed his opinion--:tiphat:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I feel for you brother, that is some seriously fucked up action.

kmk would tell you to blame the voters.

I say blame the legislators and the writers.

44-2?!?!?!

That state seems as backwards as Texas.

Any dusty state is one to stay away from... sorry Arizona ;)

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
So I can't blame him for calling the police?
So I can't blame him for telling the DA to put me in prison for LIFE?
So I can't blame him for loosing my land and radiator shop?
That was on it's way to making $100,000.oo a year profit.
So I can't blame him for loosing 6 cars,two boats,4 4atvs,all my tools,every thing I owned????
So who do I blame?
Me for growing a plant that helps me deal with pain?

No...my apologies for overstepping, if I did--
Your post made me think of my dad...and all the things that at the time, were big enough to cause a rift in our relationship--
After he died...I wish, with all my heart, that I would have looked past all that...and had spent some time with him, instead of it ending as such a "Bad" thing-- :tiphat:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I feel for you brother, that is some seriously fucked up action.

kmk would tell you to blame the voters.

I say blame the legislators and the writers.

Bro, I was talking to him from a whole other angle--
But since you brought it up...who elected those Legislators???