What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Makeshift Greenhouse Problems

Levitationofme

Yea, the foliars are good for veg. I dont see it as a quick fix. It seems people want instant results.
Look to foliar for some lightining fix to a perceived missing nutrient.
I use them when I can. I find that if I stick with it
I get a slightly bigger plant.
Personally I have been following Terpine's advice and I am having far less issues. I add water, nothing else. The soil recipes he showed me
Pretty much have all the plant needs thru to harvest. It is mind blowingly simple. I truley was the problem with my grows. I fucked with them
Too much. I didn't have the Zen to do it right.
I know enough to be dangerous.

My pots are only 2 gallon so it's not enough soil
To finish so ill hit them with some nutrients when they need it.

Now I screw around with microbes. Various tea recipies and products. With chemical nutrients you dont need microbes the same. The nutrients are RTG.
The bottled bacteria seem to work better then my Tea.

brown_thumb

My larger plants are in 5 gallon buckets so soil volume shouldn't be an issue.

The yellowing leaves are becoming a greater concern as they're spreading quickly. I fed as per my regular regimen today at 10AM but didn't feed foliarly. The only things I didn't use this time are Humax and Kelp extract. I'm hoping things improve tomorrow.

At this point, I'll do absolutely NOTHING else for a week. I'll probably not even water one drop. We might have another rain shower in a week. I don't know... maybe the roots are a bit too damp??

What I DID change recently is I'm following Emerald Harvest's recommendations as the plants grow. Yes, as I stated before, I'm using hydroponic nutrients in very well drained soil... because the seller told me it works well. Once I got the soil, watering, temps, and lighting correct the plants have been doing well. Back to the CHANGE... I rolled the nutes over to the FLOWERING nutes. So MAYBE there's a new deficiency that wasn't present during veg???

Levitationofme

The pics I see look good, but you have the eyes on them. I think that yellow leaves will not transform into healthy ones over night. No matter what you spray on them or feed them.

I did some reading and as usual results all over the place on EH nutrients. From fantastc to garbage.
They have 7 or more products in their line up now.

Plenty of people use it in soil and they seem to get the same great to lame reviews.

They have a Faq section full of unanswered questions.

What does this mean? I dont know.
I am thinking that there is inconsistency in the product. Too many good posts for it to be complete crap, but enough haters to make me think inconsistent product.

The one thing I saw was people needing to add various amounts of cal mag.

They have their sales spiel, sounds as good as any. Hell mixing up chemical nutrients at a plant is not rocket science, and the needs of cannabis
Are very well documented. It should not be so difficult to make them.

Perhaps they are just weak and you need to add some extra. No way to tell, its not like we can lab test everything.

brown_thumb

That all makes sense.

Every other feeding, I've been using CaMg+, Humax, seaweed extract and molasses in addition to the EH nutrients. I used CaMg+ and molasses this time but not Humax or seaweed. I'll add those next feeding. I've been mixing according to manufacturer instructions.

On initial inspection this morning, the plants continue to degrade. I'll trim off all the worst leaves tonight. Maybe they'll look better to morrow.

Last edited:

Levitationofme

I think I have an idea of what might be a problem.

Molasses

Unless you are feeding microbes, which break it down into simpler molecules which can be used.
It is not a great additive. If feeding microbes its
Great. My thought is you are causing issues using it. Try eliminating the molasses. Your nutrients are fully chelated and ready to ingest
When broken down by microbes all the great nutrients are released from the molasses.
So you dont really need the microbes.
Or you could use the molasses in a Tea to feed the microbes and use the tea to water and such.
I cant imagine that would be bad.

Or you could try a different carb product. Something broken down into easily used .

This is all conjecture as I probably read too much.

Last edited:

brown_thumb

Here's a pic of the yellowing leaves. They're yellowing from the bottom upwards. I've already pinched off quite a few damaged and dead leaves. The slightly brownish small spots are stains from foliar feeding.

picture.php

Last edited:

brown_thumb

I'm not really worried yet. I'm just trying to 'nip the problem in the bud', so-to-speak. I don't want the problem to worsen.

brown_thumb

Up up and away!!!

The big girls...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And the babies below. I really need to transplants these to graduate them as teenagers. Those 4 inch (100mm) pots are constricting their delicate parts.

picture.php

brown_thumb

I had to hide all my plants because a technician from my ISP was scheduled to come here and upgrade some equipment. It was damned difficult because I was feeling like crap.

Now that the upgrades are done, I need to move the plants back into their normal places. I feel crappy and don't know if I can do it. Maybe a friend can help.

Cannabis

Veteran
Dude... are you in a legal state, ...one hopes ?

I had to hide all my plants because a technician from my ISP was scheduled to come here and upgrade some equipment. It was damned difficult because I was feeling like crap.

Now that the upgrades are done, I need to move the plants back into their normal places. I feel crappy and don't know if I can do it. Maybe a friend can help.

brown_thumb

Here are today's pics. The metal roofing is there to shade the buckets (roots) from the heat of the sun. I'll trim the large fan leaves within the next few days.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

brown_thumb

I stripped all my ladies down to their underwear so now their buds are showing:biggrin: (cut off all the fan leaves). I want all their trichome-making energy going to the buds and sugar leaves.

picture.php

The young ones are nearly ready for their training bras:) (first top).

picture.php

brown_thumb

I harvested the big girls today and placed the buds in paper sacks to begin a slow drying process before curing. Some plants' trichomes were beginning to turn amber and the others were just very milky white. Humidity in the paper sacks is climbing to 80 percent. Before bed time I'll open the sacks to allow more air flow. Then I'll close the sacks in the morning. I want a slow gentle dry and cure. I bought two dozen quart-size canning jars for the cure... I think I'll need to buy more.:)

Compared to most people who grow here the harvest was quite meager but this is due to my errors. I hope to do better next time... though the younger ones this round went into early flowering. I'll try to reverse that when I transplant them tomorrow.

Despite my lousy growing abilities and ignorant drying/curing methods, I'm very excited at the possibilities in the near future. I harvested a few small buds two weeks ago when I trimmed all the larger fan leaves. I've been drying and curing them. I was a bit worried because they smelled like hay or dried lawn clippings for many days but the fragrance has been improving every day... little bit by little bit. A couple of friends and I tried them last night and we're all very please with the results so far.:D

I dabbed a bit of Elmer's Wood glue on the cut ends of the living plants to help prevent infection and excessive drying of the stems. I'm hoping these ladies will re-veg and make another crop!!:woohoo:

T

TrueReligion

Let me know how your re-veg takes! My pup killed 6 clones of lion milk and angelica unfortunately so I have to re-veg since they were already 4 weeks into flower. How long do you plan on during for? ��

brown_thumb

Let me know how your re-veg takes! My pup killed 6 clones of lion milk and angelica unfortunately so I have to re-veg since they were already 4 weeks into flower. How long do you plan on during for? ��

I'm sorry to read of your misfortune. I hope you weren't too hard on the pups.:)

I don't yet know if these will grow new leaves but if they do, I hope they grow all summer long so I can harvest sometime between September and November.

brown_thumb

I had to remove the buds from the jars and put them on plates to increase drying speed. I placed small digital hygrometers nestled within the buds to read humidity daily. Currently, the readings average 86 percent so it'll be a while before they're returned to the sacks. I'm turning the buds over every couple of days.

Due to the way in which the plants were manifolded/trimmed and because I wanted to leave some stems on the plants to allow regrowth, there was no way to hang the buds unless I used laundry clips. I decided to put them on paper plates instead.