Major Earthquake In Japan Major Tsunamis

igrowone

Veteran
good to remind everyone here of the fear versus the reality
the reality ain't great, but the tsunami misery takes 1st prize easy

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I don't doubt it will cause problems, but I would say it's not going to be apparent until much later.

I wouldn't be the least suprised if cancer rates rise dramatically in the next decade or two.

There will be people that will insist nothing is different.

I'm always curious what gets under the public's radar due to naysayers preventing research.

I wish I had the funds to determine why autism is so rampant in today's babies... but as soon as I hypothesized some company or special interest group would shut it down.

Since the Industrial Revolution we've changed just about everything in regards to the way we treat the planet. That wasn't that long ago...

Just food for thought.

:wave:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tepco is now confirming the Reactor 1 has fully melted down.

Fukushima reactor has a hole, leading to leakage Reuters
(Reuters) - One of the reactors at Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant has a hole in its main vessel following a meltdown of fuel rods, leading to a leakage of radioactive water, its operator said on Thursday.

The disclosure by Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) is the latest indication that the disaster was worse than previously disclosed, making it more difficult to stabilize the plant.

The discovery of the leak provides new insight into the sequence of events that triggered a partial meltdown of the uranium fuel in the No. 1 reactor at Fukushima after the plant was struck by a massive earthquake and tsunami on March 11, officials said.

The battle to bring Fukushima under control has been complicated by repeated leaks of radioactive water, threatening both the Pacific Ocean and nearby groundwater.

Workers at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant have been pumping water into at least three of the six reactors on the site to bring their nuclear fuel rods to a "cold shutdown" state by January.

But after repairing a gauge in the No. 1 reactor earlier this week, TEPCO discovered that the water level in the pressure vessel that contains its uranium fuel rods had dropped about 5 meters (16 ft) below the targeted level to cover the fuel under normal operating conditions.

"There must be a large leak," Junichi Matsumoto, a general manager at the utility told a news conference.

"The fuel pellets likely melted and fell, and in the process may have damaged...the pressure vessel itself and created a hole," he added.

"TEPCO seems to be going backwards in getting the situation under control and things may well be slowly eroding with all the units having problems," said Tom Clements with Friends of the Earth, a U.S.-based environmental group.

"At this point, TEPCO still finds itself in unchartered waters and is not able to carry out any plan to get the situation under control," he said.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Stick in the fork, it's done. Call in the soviet air force with thousands of tons of dirt and boric acid. Then build a concrete tomb over the whole damn thing, it's toast.

M

Mountain

Tepco is now confirming the Reactor 1 has fully melted down.
Yeah I read basically that. It sure does complicate things. Got a friend in Japan, a native, and get general reports somewhat regularly. He has friends helping in the general disaster zone and said it's very bad.

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it's time the USA extends a gracious invitation for all the Japanese women to come and live here :tiphat:

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No send them to Australia! :smoke:

My source told me weeks ago 2 things. Definately a meltdown and definately they were producing weapons grade plutonium. He said thats the only reason they use this type of reactor.

He is a very straight laced and conservative man who has worked in the nuclear industry for years.

Entombing apparently is a non option... the materials will just leach out of the ground anyways and perhaps cause a massive build up of pressure and another (larger) explosion. Thats according to Chris Busby anyway.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I think it's time the USA extends a gracious invitation for all the Japanese women to come and live here :tiphat:

I have already started production on my new "Lead Shielded Condoms"!!:jump:

(I apologize if I offend anyone...this was intended as pure comedy--:tiphat:)

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like they aren't going to do the concrete thing on Nuclear Boy.

They are going to build tents around the reactors instead. Tents around melted nuclear reactors. That's the best we got to keep the poop contained.

Japan to Cover Damaged Nuclear Reactors with Giant Tents DJ
(Dow Jones) - Giant polyester covers will soon be placed around the damaged reactor buildings at Japan's Fukushima nuclear complex to help contain the release of radioactive substances into the atmosphere, the plant operator said Friday.

Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) will install the first cover at the No. 1 reactor, the focus of recent stabilization efforts, starting next month.

Workers will erect a steel framework and place a giant polyester tent-like cover around the reactor building. Similar covers will be placed around units No. 3 and 4. The work is expected to be completed by the end of the year.

A series of hydrogen explosions blew off the roofs and upper walls of the three reactors in the days after the March 11 earthquake and tsunami knocked out their cooling systems, triggering the overheating of the reactors.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
i follow this kat on youtube who reports whats happening in Japan, stuff there news agencies wont let out....

yesterday he was reporting that Japanese officials are going to the infected areas and killing every single animal with a shot to the face, all livestock, cats or dogs.....

imagine your a dog, haven't seen a human or got food in over a month, you see one and you rejoice! help is here! im saved!!! then BAM!!! shot in the face.....

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Wolf blow down steel reinforced-concrete house...

Japan cover house with balloon...

Balloon fill up with bad stuff...

Balloon go boom like concrete house. :booked:

benzo

i follow this kat on youtube who reports whats happening in Japan, stuff there news agencies wont let out....

yesterday he was repo

rting that Japanese officials are going to the infected areas and killing every single animal with a shot to the face, all livestock, cats or dogs.....

imagine your a dog, haven't seen a human or got food in over a month, you see one and you rejoice! help is here! im saved!!! then BAM!!! shot in the face.....

Dang.. that's crazy. I wanna watch, whats the guys YouTube name, or link?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hunters kill contaminated wild pigs in and around Chernobyl. Authorities pay a bounty, not unlike gators in Fl. Except in this case the pigs are disposed of.

M

Mountain

Nuclear Boy and his poo...I guess it really stinks now. I watched that vid and interesting point was they reported on reactor #1 first and the others may actually be in worse shape.

Interesting all the possible scenarios about comet Elenin, the x-37b military craft and HAARP, nuclear detonations. That vid brought me to another vid about HAARP clouds and I did see these once off the coast of Cali near Santa Cruz less than 2 years ago...hard to believe it was natural. My first thought was WTF? There was a few of them with some formed a bit better than others.

All that stuff aside Japan has a real mess to deal with and months away for getting a good handle on it.

Latest posts

Latest posts