What's new

Mail order pot laws

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
So, the real question is still 'Can bud be shipped, and if so...which service?'. I often think about live plant companies, who ship grandma her 'annuals' or my fiance's cut roses. Slip a z in that package and who would know the difference?

Not sure how much of this thread you've read - but if you're going to ship it use ONLY USPS!!!!!!!

And yes, it can be shipped - hell tons of it are likely in transit around the globe at this very moment. TONS!!!

Heh. Seriously though pack it well, be creative, and fudge the return addy

H

HappyDog

My neighbor worked for USPS and said they have so much to do, that unless you're an utter dumbass and don't take minimal precautions, you should'nt have any problems. Using an old amazon box sounds good as well.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Shiherlis ya the postal system has the cross state hydro growers database list, or CSHGD as its known. once your on the list all the local LEO has to do is get the list and go to your house and they are allowed to walk all over the place. i dont know why there are even web sites out there where you can order this "hydro" gear your talking about. if you live in the united states, maybe it would work to ship the gear to canada, that way it looks like its a canadian is growing dope, cuz most of them do. then have them repackage it, wrap it all in tin foil cuz the postal inspectors x-ray can go through it, and then ship it back to you, that might work, but you are still risking getting on the CSHGD list. better off supporting the local mom and pop hydro shop, where you can ask questions.

The above is the dumbest thing I've ever read anywhere - ever.

My favorite quotes from it:

1) once your on the list all the local LEO has to do is get the list and go to your house and they are allowed to walk all over the place.

2) if you live in the united states, maybe it would work to ship the gear to canada, that way it looks like its a canadian is growing dope, cuz most of them do. then have them repackage it, wrap it all in tin foil cuz the postal inspectors x-ray can go through it

People who use these forums to spread lies and propagate fear should have their posting privileges revoked until they can get a fu@$ing clue.

Tuggo

WHAT IS THIS silliness??

Did you really work for USPS? If so, as what?

It seems far fetched that you would be aware of their average conviction rate for an entire decade, more than far fetched even. 98% for a decade? Sounds like people need to lawyer up - since when does guilt guarantee a conviction?

I'm calling your entire post bullshit, it's just more fear-spreading opinion based propaganda you're selling as facts.

Can USPS search our mail? I can't say for sure, but I believe this answer more than yours.

You be the judge, take a read:
It really depends on the Class of Mail being used. First Class Mail including Priority Mail and Express mail are sealed against Postal Inspection. Warrants are near impossible to get. The Postal Inspectors usually monitor delivery and give the person time to open it on their own before making entry on the suspect.

Other classes are NOT sealed against Postal inspection and may be opened to check that the contents are eligible for the rate being paid. Much like the case of Media Mail.

Your use of the class of mail is your consent to the possible inspection.

If you do not want any of your mail inspected, only ever use First Class Mail. However, you have no control of what is sent to you.

I work in Business Mail Entry, Bulk Mail. Not only am I permitted to open envelopes and read through the contents, my job description requires me to. Well, except for Presorted First Class Mail. Like I said, nobody can open First Class MAil, period.

Source(s):

24 year Postal Worker
Well, I posted how long I worked for them.

Doesn't matter what I worked as.

I am aware of the conviction rate because the head of that department for my state told me not only so but why.

During orientation they pretty much said the same thing.

He also said that it doesn't matter if we(as in employees) knew because their method is pretty much foolproof. IMO he was right.

The US Postal Inspectors are not the friggin keystone cops, their right up there with the good ol'e secret service. How far fetched is it for them to open a box, slap a damaged in handling sticker on it and keep it movin? You and the lawyer would be sol before you ever left the office.

I'm not trying to spread fear, just truth bro. Think about it, people have been mailing shit for ages. Some get caught, some don't. Thats not about to change anytime soon. There is no way possible to check every piece that goes through the system. I'm just trying to let people know the importance of dotting thier I's and crossing their T's. When I said 98% that's exactly what I meant. Meaning if they are on you, you won't hear from them till they have enough evidence against you. Hence the high and constant conviction rate.

Last edited:

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Well, I posted how long I worked for them.

Doesn't matter what I worked as.

I am aware of the conviction rate because the head of that department for my state told me not only so but why.

During orientation they pretty much said the same thing.

He also said that it doesn't matter if we(as in employees) knew because their method is pretty much foolproof. IMO he was right.

The US Postal Inspectors are not the friggin keystone cops, their right up there with the good ol'e secret service. How far fetched is it for them to open a box, slap a damaged in handling sticker on it and keep it movin? You and the lawyer would be sol before you ever left the office.

I'm not trying to spread fear, just truth bro. Think about it, people have been mailing shit for ages. Some get caught, some don't. Thats not about to change anytime soon. There is no way possible to check every piece that goes through the system. I'm just trying to let people know the importance of dotting thier I's and crossing their T's. When I said 98% that's exactly what I meant. Meaning if they are on you, you won't hear from them till they have enough evidence against you. Hence the high and constant conviction rate.

Did you read what I included - about how first class/priority mail/express mail is protected against search and seizure?

So your argument is that the recipient is responsible the goods he/she is mailed? That's totally unfounded.

What state was this in? When did they employ you? What decade? You're SURE you worked for the postal service for a decade "bro?"

How far fetched is it for postal inspectors to illegally open and seize the contents of a package - then slap a damaged sticker on it? I'd say that's just a fantasy.

To support your claims you need some evidence - something other than a typed response . . .

Got any?

Shiherlis

Shiherlis ya the postal system has the cross state hydro growers database list, or CSHGD as its known. once your on the list all the local LEO has to do is get the list and go to your house and they are allowed to walk all over the place. i dont know why there are even web sites out there where you can order this "hydro" gear your talking about. if you live in the united states, maybe it would work to ship the gear to canada, that way it looks like its a canadian is growing dope, cuz most of them do. then have them repackage it, wrap it all in tin foil cuz the postal inspectors x-ray can go through it, and then ship it back to you, that might work, but you are still risking getting on the CSHGD list. better off supporting the local mom and pop hydro shop, where you can ask questions.

hahaha I knew it was bullshit when I googled "cross state hydro growers..." and it didn't fill in "database."

well thanks for looking it up at least and not being a dick about it... this is silly, do you guys not realize that there is an inherent risk with anything like this? that is the risk your trying to define, and its not possible. its simple, tons and tons (literally) of mail goes through the system every day, there are a few stories of people getting popped, and there is really good weed in states where sometimes you cant buy any, where does it come from. well out west is probably a good guess. why does it take a few days before you dealer calls you back, cuz his dealer just placed the order, and there is a week turn around time from when you send money. this is not a sustainable activity IMHO.

Tuggo

Did you read what I included - about how first class/priority mail/express mail is protected against search and seizure?

So your argument is that the recipient is responsible the goods he/she is mailed? That's totally unfounded.

What state was this in? When did they employ you? What decade? You're SURE you worked for the postal service for a decade "bro?"

How far fetched is it for postal inspectors to illegally open and seize the contents of a package - then slap a damaged sticker on it? I'd say that's just a fantasy.

To support your claims you need some evidence - something other than a typed response . . .

Got any?

Yes I read what you included, first class, priority, express is protected against search and siezure. Never said it wasn't.

Not making an argument at all, just sharing my experience so maybe someone on this site can use it.

State doesn't matter really, it was this decade. Quite sure.

Its not fantasy. If during handling your box is sufficiently damaged by machines, or human error(which does happen a lot)they will remove the contents, place them in a bag so you know you recieved all of your contents, put that bag in a new box with letter letting you know what happened, ship to address. That is procedure.

Now if a lb o good shit happens to fall out or is noticed in any way, dont worry it'll go right back in box, said sticker applied, ship to address. Again, don't worry, you won't be charged for that one. Don't worry about calling your lawyer either cuz that would be the end of any illegal search and siezure since they were just following procedure. That box won't matter anyway since it was just taped up and delivered like it was supposed to be, no harm no foul right? It's the next few boxes they'll be interested in. You know, the ones nobody should worry about.

But again, don't trip, you'll get those also with an extremely legal siezure, yours.

I'm actually in agreement with you 100%. People should'nt worry about it. Do what ya gotta do. I'm simply stressing the importance of( 1.) " Heh. Seriously though pack it well, be creative, and fudge the return addy." and (2) don't take them boys light.

TBH, I was recently let go by the PS for health reasons. Been smokin for a while, noticed it helped symptoms sometimes, figured grow my own. Only a few grows under my belt, but learned damn near everything from IC.(Thanks IC staff, members!!!) No more sometimes with that help for the symptoms cuz good beans beats buying shit off the street anyday.(Thanks Rez, Mr nice, Mosca, Grindhouse, DJ Short, Tom Hill....)I truly, truly appreciate that shit, saw my first chance to give back so I jumped.

They aint getting me cuz I aint mailing shit. Not cuz I'm scared, but thanks to all names mentioned above the best I've ever smoked is in my possession. Fuckem, I don't need em. I just hope I can help somebody that thinks maybe cuz they got some shit through that its all good. Thats what they rely on cuz when shit gets all good thats when people relax. That foolproof method is no more than good old human nature and that train aint never late. Seeing as we're in agreement on (1), and I think that (2) ismuch more important than (1), maybe the first person on IC I get the honor of giving back to is... nah.

Evidence? Ya got me there. I got nothin but experience.

10+ working, multiple family members(7 I think) that were there 10-15 yrs before I could walk. Sitting in on boring assed management meetings as a child. Relatives having fistfights, one management the other craft. All kinda shit.

But no evidence none the less, and just like you said a typed response so fuck it do U. :xmastree::smokeit: Tuggo

Tuggo

My neighbor worked for USPS and said they have so much to do, that unless you're an utter dumbass and don't take minimal precautions, you should'nt have any problems. Using an old amazon box sounds good as well.

Agree 110%. All I'm saying is don't be one of those utter dumbasses. If they knock on your door it won't be to ask questions. All cause of something that was probably preventable.

While wer're at it, what if you have done everything perfect? No smell, nothing just out in the box, perfect. They should have no reason whatsoever to go inside your box and said box should be golden. But the friggin cops are on your ass cuz o some other stupid shit that we as growers do often. :xmasnut: Blue Dot (don't ask) suggests u might be getting shit through. Now U got people u really don't want involved and u never will know.

Just saying, :xmastree::smokeit: Tuggo

pedrodepaco

I dont know about mailing shit. Drug dogs do sniff mail private and government. not all the time but some times. If it is domestic mail no custom form is needed so any name can go on the return adress. On the pick up end unless they pick you up after the product is opened how can they prove you knew what was in it. simple solution wait a week to open the package so if the feds do kick in the door all they have is an unopend package even you cant know whats inside.

pedrodepaco

Driving is much safer now days you can get across country for 300 dollars. If the car dont smell like weed you are not commiting a crime the car is legal and you dont have a warrant they have no reason to search. this wont work for a small sack but if moving a pound or over i would drive all day.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran

BS - nothing illegal about growing supplies. You're safer ordering online than you are driving equipment from your local hydro shop to your grow op.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Regarding mail.. they have private forums and websites where people "openly" sell drugs. Payments are made using cash/western union, and the package is sent USPS priority.. but I've never seen how they package weed (don't need to order it, we have good shit here).

LSD/pills/powder all come tightly sealed into ordinary objects like cheap speakers, broken printers, etc. I guess whatever the sender has on hand.

I said it before, one can have upto a zip sent where it's double sealed in food saver bags with no smell leak. 1 bag=smell leak.
USPS Priority mail and always sealed properly with extra packing tape.
The mom I know will send upto 2 o's at once.
Be smart, if you're going to do it don't send a pound at once, sure that's the only way it's profitable iy you're reselling but that's also how you're going to attract attention during the process.

Shiherlis

does anyone here have a good idea of the chances you will get in trouble by having an ounce shipped to you FedEx? My buddy on the west coast says he does it all the time... would I be foolish to give them the go-ahead to send me one? (I'm sure he seals it inside some object in clever fashion) From what I'm reading in this thread it sounds like I should tell him to use USPS. It would make sense to me that overnight shipping would be a good option if it limits the time they have to investigate your package. And does the guy on the receiving end get in as much trouble as the sender?

H

HappyDog

I would use usps priority addressed to 'current resident' and the sender should be anonymous (fake name and address).

Sign for nothing and dont ship to your gro-op.

I would use usps priority addressed to 'current resident' and the sender should be anonymous (fake name and address).

Sign for nothing and dont ship to your gro-op.

Current residence is a little sketchy on a box. Regardless the person on the receiving end of the package does not have knowledge of what the package contains. I would still stay away from a signature. Granted it I wouldnt send to another grower or someone doing some heavy illegal stuff. I like using sex offenders as the sender. After all the info is out there on public record.:biggrin: Just pick your local nasty pedo that way your stuff looks legit. Should a strange act of god rip open the box and they do come around asking questions....Who know you may have just did a public service.

Aren't there sites that sell and ship marijuana?(I could be wrong)

It must be pretty easy to ship this stuff if you can run a business doing it.

I have read that U.S. customs will only confiscate marijuana as long as its less than 28 grams. What about hash though? Is it the same 28 grams (doubt it)?

:tumbleweed:

Attachments

• thread-fail-stamp.gif
    thread-fail-stamp.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 31