What's new

Magical Grapefruit w/ weird top

minttu

Here's a strain called Magical Grapefruit. Don't ask me about strain lineage as I have no idea (well, probably C99 x Grapefruit but definately not sure of that). Got them as freebies.

She's been in flowering for 33 days now, under 250W HPS accompanied by a 52W CFL for few days.

And I suppose I accidentally the whole..top of my plant and it turned into a monster! That's like 15cm+/6"+ wide. Like another plant growing on top of another :D Hopefully that will grow full of bud, too.

picture.php

picture.php

It's getting tight in my 45cm x 55cm (18" x 21") closet :smile:

picture.php

Kind of an improvement from my first grow which produced like 15g/0.5oz :redface:

And the container is 10 liters/2.6 US Gallons

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
some intresting sativaness being expressed.... thought it was a slightreveg after the first week, but no. looking wierd, should be intresting.

G

sparer shape buds .but it looks to be full of them .you got lucky and very little leaf.
i am getting ready to pop some grapefruitxc99 and would love to find a monster like that.
all bud shooting every where. good luck

minttu

great skills.
Skills come to play if the conditions and the genes are good, as they seem to be :smile:

thought it was a slightreveg after the first week, but no. looking wierd, should be intresting.
The plant was maybe a bit too high on nitrogen for a while at the beginning of the flowering. I'm wondering if that made it to grow those branches on the top..

Here are some close-ups from this morning.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Some good foliage at the bottom, too, which is nice as I am planning to reveg this one to get clones :canabis:

Btw, I put another 52W CFL into the closet so there are now total of 40 000 lumens or 13 300 per sqr. foot.

minttu

Harsvest & The beginning of Part II

Harsvest & The beginning of Part II

It has been awhile since last post. Got tired of gardening after the intensive couple of months :D

Here's a nice pic what a monster it came to be. I dare to say I pushed it to the edge of its capabilities, truly, it's leaning on the wall not to fall down. :woohoo:
86 days since preflowers it spent on 12/12.

It's sad that I had to bury all the sweet bud into the ground because it would have been illegal to consume it. :noway:

As I anticipated in a previous post, I am now revegging it. Looking good after a month or so. I cut most of the roots away and left only about half a liter of root mass.

Some very nice and vigorous growth there! Intensive sunlight some 8 hours a day with most recent purchase, BioBizz Alg-A-Mig. Hopefully that will do some extra good.

This is completely new area to me, so, there are couple of questions in my mind I wish I could get some suggestions to.

The plant is going to be in veg in the sunlight for couple of months.

Should I trim the roots again after so long vegging, or change into a bigger pot? I'm also hoping to take lots of clones (if I don't get tired, hehe), so does that affect somehow to how big a crop the plant will eventually produce once it goes into flowering? I mean do the roots which support the branches which become clones become useless after taking those clones? Will those roots die and rot, hence the trimming.

Of course, it would be best to keep this one as a mother and keep flowering the clones, but it's lots of fun to experiment :dance:

minttu

Could a mod move this thread to grow diaries? Thread is kinda grow diary already, and more of so soon once I manage to throw something together..

It has been awhile since last post. Got tired of gardening after the intensive couple of months :D

Here's a nice pic what a monster it came to be. I dare to say I pushed it to the edge of its capabilities, truly, it's leaning on the wall not to fall down. :woohoo:
86 days since preflowers it spent on 12/12.

It's sad that I had to bury all the sweet bud into the ground because it would have been illegal to consume it. :noway:

As I anticipated in a previous post, I am now revegging it. Looking good after a month or so. I cut most of the roots away and left only about half a liter of root mass.

Some very nice and vigorous growth there! Intensive sunlight some 8 hours a day with most recent purchase, BioBizz Alg-A-Mig. Hopefully that will do some extra good.

This is completely new area to me, so, there are couple of questions in my mind I wish I could get some suggestions to.

The plant is going to be in veg in the sunlight for couple of months.

Should I trim the roots again after so long vegging, or change into a bigger pot? I'm also hoping to take lots of clones (if I don't get tired, hehe), so does that affect somehow to how big a crop the plant will eventually produce once it goes into flowering? I mean do the roots which support the branches which become clones become useless after taking those clones? Will those roots die and rot, hence the trimming.

Of course, it would be best to keep this one as a mother and keep flowering the clones, but it's lots of fun to experiment :dance:

You buried the fruits of your labor??!?!?1

minttu

Same plant, new story.

I did some 2-month reveg under Northern Europian sunlight and no problems at all. No pests, no nothing. Nights were sometimes as cold as 5-10C/40-50F and some stems turned a little purple and soft but not a big deal, it kept growing.

The plant really would've liked to grow like a tree but after some training it came perfect to fit my cab and SCROG. I'm really hoping I'll end up with colas as fat as with the first run, but a SCROG full of them!

As said previously, this time I have 23 liter / 6 US gallon container so more than double the root space. I'm very curious to see if this plant can produce even more than it did the first time. And it already surpassed all of my expectations the last the.

39 000 lumens there.

Oh and btw, what is Bio-Bizz's Alg-A-Mic supposed to do? Do I really feed it accordingly, up to 4ml/l?

RH is at about 30-50% I suppose that's close to perfect for flowering?

Latest posts

Latest posts