What's new

Magic Mushroom Grow Kit?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Back when I did tubs, right after harvesting a flush, I would soak the mycelium block overnight with another tub weighted down on top to keep it submerged.

Give it a shot.

Your yields will improve.

:2cents:

BudToaster

Veteran
just when i thought i was done, i get pulled back in ... two more syringes (B+ and Golden Teacher) in the fridge waiting for 4 rye berry Qt spawn jars and manure (shipped!) to do a little more microscopy research ... strictly medical this time. The grow kit has just been sitting there ... waiting.

Spouse snapped 4 rotator cuff tendons in right shoulder from a fall in Dec 2020 - finally going in for surgery in two weeks.

the plan is to follow the Paul Stamets formula of psilocybin, lions mane and niacin - as daily microdose to encourage neuro-regeneration.

Last edited:

BudToaster

Veteran
Back when I did tubs, right after harvesting a flush, I would soak the mycelium block overnight with another tub weighted down on top to keep it submerged.

Give it a shot.

Your yields will improve.

:2cents:

i will try this. i think the mycelium needed more hydration after the first flush. i tried spraying liberally but it seemed insufficient.

BudToaster

Veteran
totally fucked up the second attempt ... finally dumped the jars ... ordered more jars, more syringes ... and finally! the mycelium is starting to grow. very hopeful now.

that first attempt was pure magic. better intentions. now i'm just intense. must be the pandemic and my vaccine denial. stresses me out to reject main-stream-medicine.

BudToaster

Veteran
so, the temp has finally been above 70°F more consistently. first jar of Golden Teacher was so dense it couldn't be shaken to dislodge the berrys - put it into the domed tray on 5/27 ... 1 Qt of colonized rye berries (innoculated with 6ml of syringe juice), into 3# of manure as the bulk substrate ... mycelium beginning to come out on top of the substrate.

now the second Qt jar of Golden Teacher (final 6ml from the syringe) is too dense to shake loose. plan to put it into bulk substrate on Wednesday.

the two jars of B+ are getting there, but definitely a slower grow. and they will have to wait until the GTs are done.

BudToaster

Veteran
yeah. getting into microdosing but ran out. and christmas is coming unless new improved 'rona takes me down.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
depending on where you live, you could do an outdoor garden patch, in- cognito and decorate it... who would question LBMs? (little brown mushrooms)

almost anywhere most people live, and especially where there are horse farms, you can find panaeolus cinctulus, also on sodded and fertilized residental; that would make a good candidate. find ye some horse poop and some good soil, and some composting straw, and grow some ornamentals alongside the pans.

woodlovers (psilocybe spp.) might also be a good choice, you never know. i think people even find some within the u.s. capital city. patch of cherry, birch, maple mulch in various sizes and levels of decay and you might be able to grow oysters and king stropharia right alongside the trypsters. some rhododendrons or some azaleas, nobody cares.

in more tropical areas, panaeolus cyanescens and tropicalis are about as potent as they come, and grow on decaying cow and horse poop, iirc... in grasslands (kinda like pan cincs on horse farms, i think). i also think people have much good luck growing these alkaloid pumpin' monsters indoors.

there was a guy i knew a few years back that sold these different strains through facebook of psilocybe cubensis (some strong one called A.P.E., or albino penis envy and it was a fat white chode... plus i think some other cubes) as well as this gymnopilus; it looked super pretty, but apparently it's tough to germinate. his strain was apparently decent, but the ones i found in the wild (gymnopilus junonius) tasted woof... bad... and were not very potent.

i'd stick with cubensis (penis envy are popular), pan cyans or trops, or maybe psilocybe woodlover if you're crafty and patient.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh boy, soon as I get my boat to stop listing I'll be trying to become self sufficient with these little morsels of splendiferous and interesting fun.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
so, the temp has finally been above 70°F more consistently. first jar of Golden Teacher was so dense it couldn't be shaken to dislodge the berrys - put it into the domed tray on 5/27 ... 1 Qt of colonized rye berries (innoculated with 6ml of syringe juice), into 3# of manure as the bulk substrate ... mycelium beginning to come out on top of the substrate.

now the second Qt jar of Golden Teacher (final 6ml from the syringe) is too dense to shake loose. plan to put it into bulk substrate on Wednesday.

the two jars of B+ are getting there, but definitely a slower grow. and they will have to wait until the GTs are done.

I'm right behind ya BT, same setup except the B+ on rye berries is almost ready for the manure while the Golden Teacher is much slower.

........... I've had them on the enclosed sunporch and daytime temps have been variable but nightime 40's so I can't complain.

One thing I did different this time was to inoculate the berries while in a sterile bag with a filter, similar to a bag of microwave popcorn.

When fully colonized it's easy to shake the bag or break up any clumps from the outside to distribute the grains on the inside. :tiphat:

BudToaster

Veteran
second Qt jar of Golden Teacher went into 4# manure as the bulk substrate today. just couldn't wait any longer - i sensed the mycelium was getting pissed off - wanted to do the fruiting thing ... could just be my imagination.

so 33% more substrate in tray #2. i put a piece of window screen under the substrate in tray #1, this one has no screen. i thought that might make it easier to soak the substrate between flushes ... so i'll see if it makes any difference.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Cool.i was thinking on making the exact thread.but I'm a little confused.i don't know the names of these spores.thevlastbthing I'd want is a bad trip cause I bought something I didn't know what it was.i thought Salvia was no big deal until I tried it and it scared the shit out of me.
Salvia killed me too, and not in a good way!

BudToaster

Veteran
so, after 28 days to give the mycelium some time to colonize the 3# manure substrate, i opened the air ports, hooked up the automatic mister (30 minutes every 6 hours), and i am starting to get some fruit!

i wrapped the two fully colonized B+ Qt jars with aluminum foil (for a light block) and put them in the back of the frig to wait their turn.

so far so good

BudToaster

Veteran
took three "gigantic" fruits - the stem was almost the diameter of the cap, about 2" diameter x 3" tall, and heavy, which i didn't see the first time. beautiful blue tint when i sliced them for the dryer. had to use my chef knife and cutting board to deal with them proper. but, so far, very sparse fruits.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
$2.00 kit. Just add spores.

1d1fe9a4-b755-440a-b236-2a8be7049c8e.b04fd84f145dace15177e14873b657a9.jpeg

So add spores or mycelium and keep things clean and this works to grow shrooms? Would the substrate that is used to move the colony to have to be sterile? I am in California and right now the laws are tight, but might get real loose soon. Until then, where do I get syringes and spores that will sell to me? I would prefer mycelium as that takes a lot of work out of the equation. Long ago I bought jars of sterile rice and a mycelium tube in a kit. Transferred the mycelium into the jars with a sterile pick they included. Worked great, I remember going into a closed room that had been shut down for air flow for 12? hours and also holding my breath while doing the transfer.

Latest posts

Latest posts