What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MadMac's haze and haze hybrid's grow & show

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello,
here some pic's from outdoors... outdoors they shine ;-)

A5/Thai x OHz ... amazing vigorous ... huge fan leaf's .. strong structure... best for outdoors in proper climate... camphor smell... burned rubber
IMG_3413.jpeg
IMG_3414.jpeg
IMG_3415.jpeg

group shot of some mother plants ... Caledonia(ACE), Zamal Double(Ace), THH and OHz
IMG_3416.jpeg

New Caledonia #23... 1 from 7 i'll selected to get hazed... result is amazing ... see later pic's ...
IMG_3417.jpeg

Zamaldelica Breeder pack ->> Zamal A 75% ... used to make the Zamal Haze ... amazing cross as well... fit so well... bx to OHz now... could be the perfect match https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/breeders-pack/zamaldelicapackcriastandard.html
IMG_3419.jpeg

and here: Caldeonia Haze ... and as we see early preflowering ... means could be a early flowering one for outdoors here in europa ... if so... made cut's already ... will do S1 in winter for outdoors next season... she has ist all... it's a cut from last flower run...
IMG_3422.jpeg

and yes she has it too... outdoors !
IMG_3442.jpeg
IMG_3443.jpeg
IMG_3445.jpeg

if she starts in 2 weeks to flower... ... all will be good :)
M.

Montuno

...como el Son...
hello,

A5/Thai x OHz ... amazing vigorous ... huge fan leaf's .. strong structure... best for outdoors in proper climate... camphor smell... burned rubber
View attachment 18745650 View attachment 18745651 View attachment 18745652

group shot of some mother plants ... Caledonia(ACE), Zamal Double(Ace), THH and OHz
View attachment 18745653

New Caledonia #23... 1 from 7 i'll selected to get hazed... result is amazing ... see later pic's ...
View attachment 18745654

Zamaldelica Breeder pack ->> Zamal A 75% ... used to make the Zamal Haze ... amazing cross as well... fit so well... bx to OHz now... could be the perfect match https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/breeders-pack/zamaldelicapackcriastandard.html
View attachment 18745655

and here: Caldeonia Haze ... and as we see early preflowering ... means could be a early flowering one for outdoors here in europa ... if so... made cut's already ... will do S1 in winter for outdoors next season... she has ist all... it's a cut from last flower run...
View attachment 18745656

View attachment 18745657 View attachment 18745658 View attachment 18745659
M.
Don't you have it in a pot?
What are you going to do when the cold weather arrives?

Best of luck and good health.

funkyhorse

Best of luck and good health.
Some ideas for what to do when the cold weather arrives
what are going to do when the cold comes.jpeg
When the deep polar cold comes is time to trim my last Mangobiche. It was a 3 mt plant in a pot.
Mangobiche cbg 2 (11).jpeg
At this size, if you keep it in a pot or in mother earth it doesnt change much, it is not something that you can move around easily and most indoors cant accept the size. So for me winter is trimming time and heating as Neanderthals did, an amazing feat in this 21st century. Here is the only way to properly dry plants because if not they can take up to one month to dry and even by then not be totally dry at wetlands
Another problem is when you bring the outdoor plant in you are bringing it in with all of the bugs and it becomes a mess indoors. Outdoors the bugs have natural predators but indoors they are protected from predators

At wetlands tropical sativas shine but indicas have a very very hard time so my environment is not indica friendly.
Jesuits( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_of_Jesus) discovered this almost 500 years ago. They brought sativas here made an economy empire out of it and kept the indica for other continents with more suitable conditions for them.

Last edited:

SUPER_HAZE

Hello Mad can I ask you some questions?
I saw that you planted Santa Marta Gold. is it from a seed bank? What do you think about it? doesn't seem like it's as good as OH...

What do you think of new caledonia? I don't know whether to buy a package....

From what I see original haze and thh are your favorites... I hope to see what the Sam seeds hide, do you know what year they are from? I hope it gave you enough seeds for a good search...

Thank you

MadMac

far beyond driven...
noo... it's just a test... and i'll like to see them shine outdoors...
need to study how they do etc... it's not for harvesting any smokeable weed...
it's for research ... see when they start to flower.... structure ... buds onset etc...
and in begin of september when some really start flowering...
i'll pollinate them with my best OHz male ;-)
it's also a test for making seeds in nature ...
power becomes sooo expensive here the next time...
indoor growing is now double cost than before...
the next years we are fucked up here for indoor growing...
so need to develop new ways to make the best seeds.
got 8 solar panels now... 400watt each...
i'm developing now a grow box for outdoors with Solar power and my grow computer system...
for sativa... we need max 11.5 h light... so basically 11 hours would do
will be a pure flower box with clima & watering... and like nearly zero cost for power later...
could make 3 harvest a year (3 month flower time)... when starting march... will be a heater also for colder times eg. march & october...
and has a battery as extra...
never thought about it but it's really needed now...
@MadMac don't answer if you don't want to, but there are a thousand ways to skin a cat and am.interested in how you keep the mother plants of all these plants that you are growing out. I know you use blumats for watering, but how big is your veg space to handle all you plants? A little off topic.
well answered many times... ;-)
i'll keep them in winter indoors @ 15h light...
make new cut's 3 x in a year... every 4 month...
do that very carefully with good soil and since 4 years no problems... non lost...
it's important to have very good soil and keep them healthy ...
than no problems will come up...
lot's of work & care... eg. watering when away... etc...
but to me most important...
can not understand a professional breeder not to keep the mothers and fathers until all is clear...
F1 is for smoke... rest is for fun... breeding etc... the real fire have only F1's ...
so that's why i'll keep all good cut's from my gear too...
and the mothers of course ...
for example ACE F1 ... Zamaldelica, Malawi and Bangi Haze etc where amazing potent...
later the F2 where great from structure & bud's but lack potency and this special high
Can you say, for the Zamal x OH, what is added to the Zamal with OH (or maybe vice versa, what is added to the OH)? Is it mostly increased bud size, resin, different or better effect? No pure haze experience for me yet. :rolleyes:
well... i'll did lately Zamaldelica breeders pack Zamal A 75% x OHz and a bx to OHz
in this special case it gives denser bigger bud's ... and a lemony outcome...
the older Zamal i'll had i'll crossed with THH two times...
here it's the opposite ... THH gives bigger bud's and shorten the flower time...
terpene are different... some piney lemony some more sweeter ... mango like

SamS said also in our interview ...
to get old vigour and power back...
use a not inbreed landrace that fit to the original terpene...
select for what you like ... and do maybe a bx ...
bx to the original was a key point in my breeding...
the effect is amazing... so are the results...
sure it all takes long long time to get to this point ...
but i'm soo happy to see now again everywhere the results...
it works very very well and Sam was right ...

very nice as always... the diamonds are a special type of trichomes usually conserved to leaf and stem organs. they produce chromene cannabinoids- cbc, cbl and most important cbt. these type of analogues of these cannabinoids are also produced in several rhododendron species in japan, korea and south china(yunnan). highest concentration is in juvenile plant so its a great selection trait.
they usually co appear with oxygenated sequiterpenes in the guanine family along with bisabol and farnese all are used to fight fungi in humid jungle environments. haze has by far the highest counts of these cannabinoids. also, there are 9 different types of cbt cannabinoids and they are produced from cbca as a precursor, not cbga which is challenging past conceptions about cbg being the only "stem cell" cannabinoid.
many thx Piff for the info!
MadMac's (O. Haze x Ultra Early Love Potion/Silver Bubble, born on 26-June):
many thx as well for posting!
looking all good so far for the circumstances :)
curious how they will finish in your enviroment...

A MadMac THH x Colombian Gold clone in the vegetable garden.
Over 6 feet and bushy.
YES
looking super healthy and she loves the outdoor space!
it's Colombian Gold 70 x THH
that THH male is also proven to be amazing...
and the C.Gold was the best from a pack... USC first release
always wanted to grow out those myself...
did this batch in 2017 ...

Special
Zamal M'C / Punto Rojo x Tom Hill Haze

with my Nevilles Haze male
Zamal M’P x N.Haze
C.Gold x N.Haze
ColJam x N.Haze
Double Jam x N.Haze
Zamal M’C x N.Haze
Zamal M’C fast x N.Haze
O-Haze x N.Haze
SOA INI x N.Haze
Double Jam x N.Haze

with Punto Rojo male from @satva
Zamal M’C x Punto Rojo
Zamal K1 x Punto Rojo

with my Tom Hill Haze male
Zamal M’C x THH
Zamal M’P x THH
Zamal M’C normal x THH
Zamal M’C fast x THH
Punto Rojo x THH
Destroyer x THH
Z99 x THH
GT x THH
Malawi x THH
Zamldelica x THH
O-Haze x THH
Old Congo x THH
Colombian Gold 70 x THH
Nevilles Haze x THH
Polly x THH
SOA INI x THH
Kerala x THH
Senegal x THH
Manipuri x THH

sooo much more ... but so little time....
to save the Haze lines has priority to me
thx
M.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Hello Mad can I ask you some questions?
I saw that you planted Santa Marta Gold. is it from a seed bank? What do you think about it? doesn't seem like it's as good as OH...

What do you think of new caledonia? I don't know whether to buy a package....

From what I see original haze and thh are your favorites... I hope to see what the Sam seeds hide, do you know what year they are from? I hope it gave you enough seeds for a good search...

Thank you
SMG was from a friend who did a repro... org from Brasil Seed Co
it's a great strain but lack in yield... same problem as many have... inbreed depression..
it's different to OHz .... same goes to Punto Rojo or C.Gold 70 ... or SMC ...
all have this special Colombian... but not close to the OHz terpene...
the high are all good or amazing ... but still different to the euphoric high from a good haze

New Caledonia is still and thankfully a wild landrace... not much inbreed ... only selected by dubi ...
it has a special terpene profile ... sweet smell never experienced before...
i'll had some different in my lot... pollinated the 3 best... results are totally different but great :)
worth to grow ... and there is for sure a keeper in a pack...

yep Sam's OHz is special... got two different ... one older and the last effort...
there is for sure something in those line... and can't wait for next spring to check them out...
my final goal is to find the best in all Haze lines and make best x best reversed for smoking & growing pleasure
95% should than be spectacular... and all fem of course...
the last batch OHz Sam did must be around 2004/5
the older he doesn't know... 90' he said ...
but have the org Skunk & Skunk triploid too...
and those are also gem's to get safed ...

hope this help's ;-)
M.

F2F

well... i'll did lately Zamaldelica breeders pack Zamal A 75% x OHz and a bx to OHz
in this special case it gives denser bigger bud's ... and a lemony outcome...
the older Zamal i'll had i'll crossed with THH two times...
here it's the opposite ... THH gives bigger bud's and shorten the flower time...
terpene are different... some piney lemony some more sweeter ... mango like

SamS said also in our interview ...
to get old vigour and power back...
use a not inbreed landrace that fit to the original terpene...
select for what you like ... and do maybe a bx ...
bx to the original was a key point in my breeding...
the effect is amazing... so are the results...
sure it all takes long long time to get to this point ...
but i'm soo happy to see now again everywhere the results...
it works very very well and Sam was right ...
:tiphat: Thanks @MadMac ! Big lesson in the last paragraph.

Peace
F2F

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Hello MadMac, Yes, thank you so much for the chance to grow these beautiful OHaze ladies, and all the time and work(mental and physical), that it took to bring the beauty out.
I pulled the last two out this morning, lots of sparkle, they smell great, metal/gunshop/burnt powder. Started from seed in February so about 6 months. SO16 on the left, SO15 on the right.
IMG_2864.jpeg
IMG_2866.jpeg

IMG_2865.jpeg

SO15 has a couple of slightly fasciated branches.
IMG_2868.jpeg

sbeanonnamellow

Howdy everyone. I saw a pack of Mac's on that pro site and was hoping someone here could help out a little with the lineage. It's listed as Thai X Neville's Haze but doesn't have a description put up yet.

I'd love to find something with the Gypsy Nirvana Thai stick because I had a pack back in the day before I knew how to deal with it and I'm seeking a bit of pleasant nostalgia. Much love

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Howdy everyone. I saw a pack of Mac's on that pro site and was hoping someone here could help out a little with the lineage. It's listed as Thai X Neville's Haze but doesn't have a description put up yet.

I'd love to find something with the Gypsy Nirvana Thai stick because I had a pack back in the day before I knew how to deal with it and I'm seeking a bit of pleasant nostalgia. Much love
GN Thai Stick x OHz S1 is coming spring ...
the Thai used with NHz was from a friend who was there...
it's not like Thai Stick...
wait for spring and you will be happy i'm sure... ;-)
thx
M.

sbeanonnamellow

Howdy Mac, that actually sounds pretty incredible! Stoked for the spring. Would love to know more about the selections in the Thai stick from gypsy and which haze individual(s) were used for pollen as reversals. Possibly the flat ribbon stemmed fasciated one? Appreciate your work with these lines and making them available to the community. Much love

Piff_cat

i found the pics and info on the cbc trichomes. cbc, cbt, and cbl are all chromene cannabinoids which mostly appear in highly conserved organs in basal cannabis from south china, north vietnam, korea, central china. highly conserved in this case refers to the location- cbc forms on the sugar leaves and stems but is not found beyond traces in buds. the cbc levels are highest when plant is youngest and then taper off by supplying cbt as a pre cursor. the oldest drug sample found of xinijian basal cannabis showed levels of cbl, cbn but no cbd or active cbd synthase.

xinijiang has been id as basal cannabis center of diversity. mostly likely due to domestication by the ughyurs who have been linked to potent hash cultivars probly served as starting point for nld afghan, iranian cannabis etc. these lines known to have guiaol and eudsmesmol as markers for nld afghan.
cbc acts as a precursor for all 9 cbt types, mimicking the relationship between cbga and thc. cbl is an artifact in plants with high cbc. it forms in a similar way as thc to cbn, but appears to have a wider range of conditions that create the transition. cbc has the strongest relationship to sativa as any other cannabinoid.. here is a cool chart on minor cannabinoids and landrace areas

1661136328008.png

1661136405391.png

1661136456684.png

led05

Chasing The Present
hello,

View attachment 18745650 View attachment 18745651 View attachment 18745652

View attachment 18745653

View attachment 18745654

View attachment 18745655

View attachment 18745656

View attachment 18745657 View attachment 18745658 View attachment 18745659
M.
Eww lovely - how ya been brother; where you’ve been.., miss ya buddy, you build the ultimate full system controller yet, program OS..? Plants as always are looking great…

Have you run yet the older New Caledonian from the 2000’s I bulked vs newer version going @ these days? Note many differences? I believe they all came from same NC source, just decade or so apart iirc…he noted quite the differences b/w two time periods, I’d be curious your experiences if growing both yet…?

SMG was from a friend who did a repro... org from Brasil Seed Co
it's a great strain but lack in yield... same problem as many have... inbreed depression..
it's different to OHz .... same goes to Punto Rojo or C.Gold 70 ... or SMC ...
all have this special Colombian... but not close to the OHz terpene...
the high are all good or amazing ... but still different to the euphoric high from a good haze

New Caledonia is still and thankfully a wild landrace... not much inbreed ... only selected by dubi ...
it has a special terpene profile ... sweet smell never experienced before...
i'll had some different in my lot... pollinated the 3 best... results are totally different but great :)
worth to grow ... and there is for sure a keeper in a pack...

yep Sam's OHz is special... got two different ... one older and the last effort...
there is for sure something in those line... and can't wait for next spring to check them out...
my final goal is to find the best in all Haze lines and make best x best reversed for smoking & growing pleasure
95% should than be spectacular... and all fem of course...
the last batch OHz Sam did must be around 2004/5
the older he doesn't know... 90' he said ...
but have the org Skunk & Skunk triploid too...
and those are also gem's to get safed ...

hope this help's ;-)
M.
SMG - interesting, I heard a different seed origin, whom was your friend you got these from, was it me…?

You found more vigor, less inbreeding in The 90 Ohaze over the SMG, SMC, 1970 & PR, Colombian red, OThz or was it a different Ohaze? IME this wasn’t the case, opposite in fact. It’s always fun to see how things grow varied all over, never know what you’re gonna get till you pop them and finish them, then cure ‘‘em properly

Glad you’re still focused & moving forward, best of luck with things

led05

Chasing The Present
i found the pics and info on the cbc trichomes. cbc, cbt, and cbl are all chromene cannabinoids which mostly appear in highly conserved organs in basal cannabis from south china, north vietnam, korea, central china. highly conserved in this case refers to the location- cbc forms on the sugar leaves and stems but is not found beyond traces in buds. the cbc levels are highest when plant is youngest and then taper off by supplying cbt as a pre cursor. the oldest drug sample found of xinijian basal cannabis showed levels of cbl, cbn but no cbd or active cbd synthase.

xinijiang has been id as basal cannabis center of diversity. mostly likely due to domestication by the ughyurs who have been linked to potent hash cultivars probly served as starting point for nld afghan, iranian cannabis etc. these lines known to have guiaol and eudsmesmol as markers for nld afghan.
cbc acts as a precursor for all 9 cbt types, mimicking the relationship between cbga and thc. cbl is an artifact in plants with high cbc. it forms in a similar way as thc to cbn, but appears to have a wider range of conditions that create the transition. cbc has the strongest relationship to sativa as any other cannabinoid.. here is a cool chart on minor cannabinoids and landrace areas

View attachment 18747250

View attachment 18747251

View attachment 18747252
I like you, Ty 4 sharing

Last edited:

funkyhorse

I like you, Ty 4 sharing
+1
I love the passion displayed at this thread
I like Piff Cat but it doesnt mean I have to agree
I think what you people learn at those highly elevated university classrooms is very different from what happens down here in planet earth and things get distorted

I didnt find any weed in Central China in the 21st century, unless we consider Central China 2 different geographic areas
This is what I call Central China and if I wanted to smoke in those areas I had to bring my own weed as I did every time I went there: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_China

There are 3 different landrace weeds in China I know of
About the Yunnan weed, I arrived 2 years after RCC and I found exactly the same as he describes, very good reliable info and document.
The feral landrace is from Dali area, not from the whole Yunnan province

I sourced weed from Uighur dealers every year at least 3 times a year during 15 years from 2002 until 2017(well counting correctly it is 16 years...). In 2018 they have been wiped out by authorities.
I never thought I would have to grow myself in order to find decent weed...
I never saw any variety nor variability in the uighur weed, it was always same garbage. SamS reports he got decent weed out of that seed and I believe SamS is probably some of the best ever growers of weed in history and the uighurs dont really know much about growing weed but they improved during the time I sourced from them specially after they started exchanging seed with the foreign kids
Paraguayan brick weed smoked by the uighurs dealers side by side with their weed said after trying this hybridized skunkized paraguayan brick of the 21st century is clearly much better than their own weed
Uighur dealers started having decent hash around 2010 when China became popular for american students for summer camps in China. The kids brought their weed and seed and exchanged with the dealers. They started making hash with the exchanged seed and quality of uighur hash improved a little

The best chinese weed by far is Manchurian. I call manchurian the feral weed growing all over Manchuria which encompasses North Korea(certainly south korea not included), North East China provinces Liaoning, Jilin and Heilongjiang, all of the russian sorrounding areas, Sakhalin Island and Hokkaido. It is the same stuff all over, you see it in the wild like in Nepal or Dali
Manchuria
Manchuria.png

The best hash I tried made by uighurs was sourced in Manchuria and made from Manchurian weed. The buds are lightly psychoactive compared with Thai but compared with Dali or Xingjianese at least it has a high the others dont have, the others are rope

Question for whoever can answer
I tried pure indicas and they dont have any inbreeding depression
Sativas are a disaster. In the 20th century it didnt happen.
Is this happening because pure sativas are kept and bred indoors in the northern hemisphere far from their natural growing range when they are clearly tropical outdoor varieties?

Have a nice week everyone