What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MadMac's haze and haze hybrid's grow & show

F2F

For the more experienced haze heads…

have a male OH (MadMac repro), he’s dropping now. Good structure and flower formation, but no resin really visible. Should I keep searching for one that shows the goods or is that pretty rare?

Peace
F2F

kokomarin

More then pretty rare nowadays, but tropical land race must have, so, what is haze, mix of tropical land races, I have very handsome pan o haze v2 from Johnny, but also noting interesting in.
You need sticky male with lot of smells inside if you looking to make something better in your genepool, no doubt about.
Playing with names for commercial reasons is game fueled with greed, fairy tales for naive humans heads.

JohnnyChicago

For the more experienced haze heads…

have a male OH (MadMac repro), he’s dropping now. Good structure and flower formation, but no resin really visible. Should I keep searching for one that shows the goods or is that pretty rare?

Peace
F2F

Haze is not about resin or look. But about haziness.
If you look at te proven best Hazes of the history. They are not the frostiest.
And most of the time the fruit of large scale selection.

Some old school indica stuff is not very frosty too. But still considered some of the best 20 to 30 years later.

Also if it was about frost we would not have waited 2020 after Nevils HzA, HzC and THH to have something new on the Haze landscape. And the 18$ a pack SamS OH seeds, would just have been selected for frost already by the pros in the legal Holland in the 90s. Or by SamS himself with his kilogram bags of OH seeds to show to the world who has the best Haze.

But unfotunately it is not so easy.

I would just listen to SamS. He is the man. And use your male.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello hello,
far away from my plants...
here just two remote pictures from my cam's...

breeding chamber... my elite clones my fav reversed OHz giving pollen now... i'll hope...
E1 Pro CH01 at Thursday, 13. October 2022 at 11:03:19 Central European Summer Time.jpeg

and here my flower chamber.... all looking good so far... blumat watering rock's
Grow CH01 at Wednesday, 12. October 2022 at 13:23:01 Central European Summer Time.jpeg

to name just a few...
ThaiStick x OHz, ThaiStick / OHz x OHz, Zamaldelica double / OHz x OHz, Caledonia / OHz x OHz, Thai/A5 x OHz, Tangie/OHz x OHz, OHz R4 ... and a few more ... all got only water last 4 weeks... my own soil mix as well... no need for feeding first 6 weeks... only root's ...

more later... no no time @ moment...
M.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hello hello,
far away from my plants...
here just two remote pictures from my cam's...

breeding chamber... my elite clones my fav reversed OHz giving pollen now... i'll hope...
View attachment 18768604

and here my flower chamber.... all looking good so far... blumat watering rock's
View attachment 18768603
to name just a few...
ThaiStick x OHz, ThaiStick / OHz x OHz, Zamaldelica double / OHz x OHz, Caledonia / OHz x OHz, Thai/A5 x OHz, Tangie/OHz x OHz, OHz R4 ... and a few more ... all got only water last 4 weeks... my own soil mix as well... no need for feeding first 6 weeks... only root's ...

more later... no no time @ moment...
M.
You’re making this look easy :cool:

F2F

Haze is not about resin or look.
I would just listen to SamS. He is the man. And use your male.
Thanks @JohnnyChicago. Have seen here folks highlighting the resinous, sticky plants. Others saying be brutal, cull many and cull early if not showing resin, etc. Always seemed a gap to me - resin does not necessarily mean quality effect.

Collected first pollen yesterday, drying for storage. Hazed seeds next year. :rasta:

Peace,
F2F

olday

Veteran
Not a haze related comment but on the poly and indica side I don’t think frosty males necessarily produce potent weed even if it’s frosty. Purple punch (don’t like it at all), Oreoz and some others have seriously frosty great looking buds but barely get you high. YMMV

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Zamaldelica Double/OHz x OHz
IMG_4013.jpeg

Caledonia/Ohz x OHz
IMG_4014.jpeg

IMG_4015.jpeg

IMG_4016.jpeg

IMG_4019.jpeg

breeding tent...

the reversed fav OHz
IMG_4021.jpeg

IMG_4022.jpeg

same plant but untouched branch
IMG_4024.jpeg

ThaiStick x Ohz ... wonder looks like THH... hmm can be true the story with the Thai in THH...
IMG_4026.jpeg

Tangie x OHz ... to late... but looks great :) and high + smell (terpene) are amazing tasty
IMG_4027.jpeg

more next..

Latest posts

Latest posts