What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MadMac's haze and haze hybrid's grow & show

sbeanonnamellow

Hi MadMac I was wondering where the best place to find information on the THH f2's you made would be. Hope you are having an awesome day or night wherever you are!

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
get hazed

get hazed

psychedelic-psychedelia-smoking-weed-tBYmPFB2c904g
giphy.gif

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
THH Detailed View

THH Detailed View

Starting to foxtail at 9.5 weeks:

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for the seeds MM, enjoying the ride!

Mimpi Manis

You said:
...and surprise... have you'r POLLY and Z99 coming.

Very interesting thread and info. Handy stuff to file way for an enthusiast from the backwaters. Bloody great climate for sativa's tho. We'll swap a few notes/pics around May... hopefully. Lj

bigherb

Veteran
MadMac

Amazing interesting information

That post on the differences of the OHaze Stocks was great insight and details . It’s Soo Refreshing to hear about No Hay in the OHaze . Also makes me smile to know inbreeding has only given improvements and not the opposite as previously posted by others

You have given much hope for a bright Hazy future

Much respect

1luvbigherb

TheDarkStorm

Mac a question...just out of interest....im sure you have tried breeding many different combinations of haze....for example what happens wen you cross sams 90's haze with tods haze repo....or fdm haze crossed to tom hill haze....or any pure haze crossed to any pure haze all of which are highly inbred....an do you see the same results as using seedsmans haze..will I still get the same vigour an results you have pictured using the other haze lines ive mentioned. Why did you use seedsman haze.....an not the 90's haze or others..technically its supposed all be originally the same stock as others...would I be able to get the same results that you have been getting using seedsman haze if I used tods haze or fdm haze or toms haze seeing as haze is inbred many generations allready to the point of true breeding...so if I select the right plant from any of the other ohz stock will I be able to get the same results that your getting from the seedsman haze. Considering ohz haze is available again from a few different sources an you have experience with all of them an breeding with them, I thought this may be usefully information for amature haze fans/breeders to know...an if you have already tried using other ohz's what results are you seeing from them compared to the seedman haze you use Thanks....awsome thread by the way.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
MM- one quick question, in this pic, what size pots are the Ko Chang/Thai x Ohz in?? Are these also 10 liters?

Grownest 8 liter bag... not easy to keep her happy the 120 day's...
wanted to test many as possible...
that's why it was a quick and dirty grow...
4 weeks veg... than in flower untopped...
i'm sure if i'll would do it my way... like grow from cut...
let it develop... give enough root space like my usually 20 liter bag's
the outcome especially the Ko chang would be much more...
next round when i'll grow the best... smoke wise...
many thx
M.:smoker:

OZZ_

Veteran
Grownest 8 liter bag... not easy to keep her happy the 120 day's...
wanted to test many as possible...
that's why it was a quick and dirty grow...
4 weeks veg... than in flower untopped...
i'm sure if i'll would do it my way... like grow from cut...
let it develop... give enough root space like my usually 20 liter bag's
the outcome especially the Ko chang would be much more...
next round when i'll grow the best... smoke wise...
many thx

Great! Thanks for the info that’s good news. I’m trying to see how to pheno hunt these extreme NLD types in smaller spaces. I could manage 8 liter pots. And these are all in living soil then like the others? Are you using any liquid nutes at all? Or top dressing?

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Mac a question...just out of interest....im sure you have tried breeding many different combinations of haze....for example what happens wen you cross sams 90's haze with tods haze repo....or fdm haze crossed to tom hill haze....or any pure haze crossed to any pure haze all of which are highly inbred....an do you see the same results as using seedsmans haze..will I still get the same vigour an results you have pictured using the other haze lines ive mentioned. Why did you use seedsman haze.....an not the 90's haze or others..technically its supposed all be originally the same stock as others...would I be able to get the same results that you have been getting using seedsman haze if I used tods haze or fdm haze or toms haze seeing as haze is inbred many generations allready to the point of true breeding...so if I select the right plant from any of the other ohz stock will I be able to get the same results that your getting from the seedsman haze. Considering ohz haze is available again from a few different sources an you have experience with all of them an breeding with them, I thought this may be usefully information for amature haze fans/breeders to know...an if you have already tried using other ohz's what results are you seeing from them compared to the seedman haze you use Thanks....awsome thread by the way.

hehe
good question...
well until now i have tested two THH boy's i'll still have...
and the Seedsman boy and one 90' OHz boy...
best results gave the 90' OHz boy's ...
also in friends garden where he used pollen from the boy...
the Seedsman boy gave similar results... also the two THH boy's...
well i'll did also OHz x NHz and NHz x OHz and THH x OHz and OHz x THH and OHz Seedsman x OHz 90 and also via versa...
OHz 90 x OHz Seedsman is amazing... and also OHz 90 x THH ...
the other are not yet tested..
the OHz boy's working better as any hybrid haze boy's as it looks like if you cross x to OHz .... did also some work for outdoors...
and used my best OHz girls and pollinate dthem with the fastest boy's if found from a friends gear who live in sweden... so need early finishing...
and surprise they finishing mid october... 50% haze...
picture.php

and with amazing yield... no PM or Mold problems...
was just a test... did also outdoor x OHz ...
4 crosses in total... 3 looking good ... 1 is amazing...
well what i'll want to say using a OHz male is best choice...
well you can also reverse the best OHz girl... but to me a great OHz male... with structure and many flowers is best and also easy to find...
also for smoke F1 is the way to go...
so yes basically it's better to use a true OHz male as any other to make good hybrids... i'll did not find any looser ...
but i'll also choose wise the once i'll use for making hybrids...
but also i'll see if you use a inbreed strain and cross it to the haze...
it gives power and vigor back again...
it need more testing to give clear advice but from what i've seen and smoked so far... everything that get touched by a haze male becomes better... and flower time is not always longer ... more the same as the mother is... Ko Chang is 16 weeks and finishes with haze blood same time... doors x ohz or doors x thh same... NHz x OHz ... 15 weeks..
all from seed ...
so back to main question.... Yes it brings back the vigor ...
think it's because they are all still different .. and when you like backcross it after all this generation as different lines...
they get back the lost vigor/potency...
as i'll see so far... but need also more testing...
but i'm impressed by what SamS said about the haze over 20 years ago... it's all true...
if you don't care about flower time and want the best smoke...
way to go...
best cut you find x OHz ...
what OHz eg. Seedsman or 90' Ohz doesn't matter but true OHz...
THH is not true OHz ... don't know Todd's Ohz ... if it's not crossed to any other than it's good too... also THH is good but OHz is better...
in my eyes so far... when i'll compare the outcome ... and high...
OHz is more pleasant while THH is more rough...
but booth are excellent ... just personal preferences ...
NHz as male is too dark... takes you down... while coming down...
so best OHz or THH...
thx

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Great! Thanks for the info that’s good news. I’m trying to see how to pheno hunt these extreme NLD types in smaller spaces. I could manage 8 liter pots. And these are all in living soil then like the others? Are you using any liquid nutes at all? Or top dressing?

i'll used Biobizz Light Mix & all there nutes for my grows...
and EC meter ... very important... not over 1.2 EC
last round i'll did with bionova....
they have P & K seperate...
works better but also more work...

OZZ_

Veteran
i'll used Biobizz Light Mix & all there nutes for my grows...
and EC meter ... very important... not over 1.2 EC
last round i'll did with bionova....
they have P & K seperate...
works better but also more work...

Perfect! That’s what I needed to know. Thanks a million for the knowledge injection :tiphat:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
What if you cross OHz male to a 10 week indica, does it still follow the mom's timeline?

Also I've heard Sam say that 70% of OHz seeds came out female. Is this still true in the modern reproductions?
Does this carry over to the hybrids at all?

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
I think no matter what, it should balance out 50/50 (genetically) but the presentation is where we get muddy.