What's new

MadMac's haze and haze hybrid's grow & show

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TakenByTheSky

There's some talented haze growing and breeding going on in this thread. Great job

harvestreaper

Veteran
beautiful madmac ,,your doors crosses inspired me to try to germ some i made myself and ive got one female going so thanks for that as i think if i waited any longer id of had no chance of anyy sprouting ,,,,,,your last pic reminds me of the haze sam posted and one or two ive seen along the way,, keep up the good work

west-eu

Gorgeous plants you have mac :tiphat: like usual

have you found any new and interesting flavor from your crosses ?

Koondense

Veteran
it is great thread, as everybody can see original haze didn't loose any vigor. actually it is more vigorous than some dutch haze hybrids... which is paradox.

I find it interesting too.
At this moment I have 1 original haze, 1 original haze x panama and 1 A5s1(which is Nl5 x HazeA) in flower and the less vigorous by far is the A5s1. Would expect a lot more vigor from this line but seems it was grown under different conditions(maybe she's a very spoiled plant).
Original haze and OHxP are similarly vigorous, maybe the cross has a bit more vigor. But on its own the OH grows pretty fast which is quite surprising.

Cheers

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
At this moment I have 1 original haze, 1 original haze x panama and 1 A5s1(which is Nl5 x HazeA) in flower and the less vigorous by far is the A5s1. Would expect a lot more vigor from this line but seems it was grown under different conditions(maybe she's a very spoiled plant).
Original haze and OHxP are similarly vigorous, maybe the cross has a bit more vigor. But on its own the OH grows pretty fast which is quite surprising.

Cheers

No surprise the S1 is less vigorous as it’s quite bottlenecked. Outcross it and you should hopefully get all the vigor back.

Koondense

Veteran
Yeah i guess that's the case but to me a selfed F1 line should still have plenty of vigor, which makes me think the A5 is not an F1 but way further of a filial.

It makes me a bit sad every time i think of the moment i chose not to grow MadMac's THH seeds this round. Patience, next time.

Cheers

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

Cheers

yes, just in this thread you can compare doors and original haze, or I can compare thh with neville´s haze this season, and thh is more vigorous simply, it is visible that very good breeding was done.. the proof is in the plants..

No surprise the S1 is less vigorous as it’s quite bottlenecked. Outcross it and you should hopefully get all the vigor back.

I dont agree that selfing would bottleneck anything, it is kind of inbreeding. most of NLhazes, SSHs or Jacks are inbred these days.. compare it with old timer haze or original haze, and you will see difference. I think soon we will see selfed Ohz, and we will see, but it is inbred so many generations, and still so much vigor, like wild thai LOL fact is that original haze smokes fantastic - Mac can confirm it easily - and it doesn't need hybridization really, only for bud size or shorter flowering time, or just for looking for new unusual forms of haze, but really, it is so good, it doesn't need any further additions..

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Well you are concentrating the positive traits as well the deleterious traits when you self. I’m growing a selfed new killer Malawi now and compare its growth to a Purple Haze x Malawi it’s like night and day. Yet if I outcross that S1, I bet I get all the vigor back. I like a lot THH in my limited experience with her and am happy with the plants in pure form. I like the OTH in pure form as well, but only if I’m growing it outdoors. The THH can be managed more effectively under lights IMO.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Well you are concentrating the positive traits as well the deleterious traits when you self. I’m growing a selfed new killer Malawi now and compare its growth to a Purple Haze x Malawi it’s like night and day. Yet if I outcross that S1, I bet I get all the vigor back. I like a lot THH in my limited experience with her and am happy with the plants in pure form. I like the OTH in pure form as well, but only if I’m growing it outdoors. The THH can be managed more effectively under lights IMO.

sure man, S1 is less vigorous, but not necessary bottlenecked, I grew A5xpanama it was nicely vigorous. so like you say it needs outcrossing. the point was that original haze doesn't need it and it is moved many generations from first gen. oth is wild.

JohnnyChicago

Cheers

I am surprised too to see much better vigor in inbred OHaze lines from Seedsman, than I saw in the originals. But Sam tried to preserve as much genes as possible he said. Those who have inbred the Haze tried to keep only the bests and all discard the weak/unvigorous ones.
May be not as much inbred as we always thought?

Don't know if I have posted this already. If yes then sorry.
MadMac's Purple 90s Haze, revegging.
(90sOHaze x THH)
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts