What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Macro Photography

G

macro monkey

macro monkey

im sure when i tell u stuff it goes in 1 ear and out the other..hehehe...mate i told u the bellows rules..im getting one u wait and see..it will take my nikon d50 with 105mm macro lens to 2940mm yes 28x magnification but it cost about 200£.that means il be able to get closer shhots than them tricome shots a few post up..For now this will have to be good enough..
U need a tripod and it set on a timer or a shutter release cable this way u dont interfere with the macro shot as a little tiny movement can mess up the shot ie make it blurred..your need good lighting also i use sigma macro ring flash..on the camara u see 50mm sigma macro lens but the real close up shots are with the 105mm and crop and zoom..soon il get the bellows and il be able to get closer than that with out crop and zooming.I cant wait 10 weeks time im getting one.

DSC_0008-2.jpg

DSC_0009-6.jpg

IMGP0003.jpg

DSC_0010-6.jpg

DSC_0012-3.jpg

Last edited:

damakkus

West Coast ICer
Those are some nice shots monkey.

Thanks for your input as well. I am working on getting a new camera. Hopefully soon.

I cant wait to see your new photos when you get your equipment.

PEACE

damakkus

West Coast ICer
Hey all,

was wondering if anyone could tell me if a 6mp camera would be good enough to see the trichomes like you were sayin to open in photoshop to zoom in on the trichomes?

My wife approved of a Canon A540 at 170.00. Cant really afford an SLR right now.

Any input would be appreciated.

PEACE

James Morrison

~*MR.MOJORISIN*~
great information on this thread

Im gettin my new camera asap

here is the specs

View Details

Image Sensor Type CCD
Resolution 4.24 Megapixel
Optical Zoom 8.3x
Camera Type Standard Point and Shoot
Lens
Interchangeable Lens Without Interchangeable Lens
Optical Zoom 8.3x
35mm Zoom Lens 36 - 300 mm
Digital Zoom 4x
Focus Type Autofocus
Focus Range 16.3 in. to Infinity (w)
Macro Focus Range in. (w)
Focal Length 6 - 50 mm
Image Quality
Camera Resolution 4.24 Megapixel
Image Resolutions 640 x 480 • 2288 x 1712 • 1600 x 1200 • 1024 x 768
Video
Video Resolutions 640 x 480 (VGA) • 320 x 240 (QVGA) • 160 x 120
Video Speed 15 fps
Video Format QuickTime
Exposure Control
ISO Speeds 50 • 100 • 200 • 400
Aperture Range f2.7/f4.4 (w/t)
Shutter Speed 4 - 1/2000 sec
White Balance Auto • Manual • Daylight / Sunny (Preset) • Cloudy (Preset) • Incandescent (Preset) • Shade (Preset) • Flash (Preset)
Frames Per Second 1.5 Frames
Storage
Memory Type Built-in • SD Card
Built-in Memory Size 13.5 MB
Compression Type JPEG
Flash
Flash Type Built-In
Flash Functions Flash Off • Auto Flash • Fill-in Flash • Red-eye Reduction Flash • Slow Sync
Viewfinder / Display
Viewfinder Digital
LCD Panel With LCD Panel
LCD Panel Size 1.8 in.
LCD Screen Resolution 118,000 pixels
LCD Protected Position Without LCD Protected Position
Interfaces
Interface Type USB
Video Interface Video Out
Power Supply
Battery Type Proprietary Lithium
Battery Life 240 Images
Included Features
Self Timer 10 Sec. • 3 Sec.
Built-in Microphone With Built-in Microphone
Tripod Mount With Tripod Mount

G

the d50 is a 6 meg camera damakkus. Why not save up a bit and get the D40? good starter cam and can be had for pretty cheap same with the d50 if you pick up the body only ( probly under 4 bills)and hunt down some used glass.

I shoot with the same set as monkey up minus the flash ring.

Nice macros monkey. How much did your flash ring run?

damakkus

West Coast ICer
I gotta pick a cam that the whole family can use. I cant justify spending more than 200.00 on a cam. If I was rolling in the dough, but I am broke. I am going to have to charge this purchase. I love spending money I dont have. LOL

damakkus

West Coast ICer
Damn you have got skills PERHAPS

You do professional stuff? They have contests here and you should be in em if you are not already.

Thanks for sharing.

Nickcorp187

It just so happens my day job is fixing digital cameras. For professional quality photos very up close and personal the only way to go is a DSLR which is just a basic digital camera with removable lens. you can take off the basic 30mm or 25mm lens off and in some cases add up to a 600mm lens. That will get close enough to see someones eye color at about a half mile or so. You can use regular digital cameras in macro or super macro then edit for an almost as good quality picture at standard web size which is usually 800x600 which is large. All digitals are basically the same. Go with a 4 mega pix or higher. Also something with a 8x or higher OPTICAL zoom, not digital zoom, will work great.

house

Great composition Perhaps! I though only SLR's could attach macro lenses? I'll look into your 5400.

S.O.T.G.

Awesome pics

Awesome pics

Awesome pics man and thanx for the tips on the photos. I have been looking for some good advise on this and here I found my answers. Gonna run out to the shop this or next week and pick me up a new camera and lens to start trying some cool shit!

Gotta love it!!!

G

beautiful shot everyone....
ive come to realize i know nothing about photograpy....hehehe
i just want a lighted macro lense attachment..for my panosonic.....so ican really see the trichs......
i need to learn photoshop too.....so much to do...so little time.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ooh ooh some macros for you all.

joeshmoe

if you want to learn photoshop check out

good-tutorials.com thousands of tutorials on almost every subject for free.

Latest posts

Latest posts