What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

M.O.B (Mother Of Berry)

sith44

Just saw a certain seed store is releasing M.O.B. seeds. Every picture they show is NOT M.O.B. Sadly, I doubt the real thing will ever be available by seed.

It's hard to believe how much bullshit surrounds a plant that is insignificant compared to whats out there today.

That being said, it's best suited for outdoor in the NE....it's not even that great of a plant. It's good, but not great, even at it's best.

ANyway, as for all of you "Mainers" who supposedly have it, why not we meet up and smoke each others and see who has "it", because I think most of you guys are full of absolute shit, or you don't know what MOB is. If you did, you would agree in this day and age, it's more of a novelty. It's a noob strain at best, highly recommended for people who don'y have access to anything better. Literally hundreds of better choices out there.

M.O.B> is Bubblegum X AK ------developed (with a lot of luck) to finish quickly. Small plant, big buds and not very ,mold resistant.

----> I believe what people think is "M.O.B." is a cross experiment made with the original M.O.B. ---> We crossed it once with Northern Lights and put that clone out, as well as a cross with Friesland in it. I suspect what most people consider "MOB" is actually a cross we did with that Friesland many moons ago.

If you live in Maine, and are Medical (like REALLY medical) I'll be happy to help any of you out (i'm legit, and know what I'm doing 100%).

highsteppa

Veteran
^^^interesting as I've grown some mob/freeze selections. I provided the male for that cross...

I agree, the mob smells and tastes good, but the buzz is boring. I crossed it with a 12 week blueberry sativa last summer.

sith44

^^^interesting as I've grown some mob/freeze selections. I provided the male for that cross...

I agree, the mob smells and tastes good, but the buzz is boring. I crossed it with a 12 week blueberry sativa last summer.

Did I grow out your FL/NL -FL/MOB 2 years ago? If so , I was one of your guiney pigs =-)

And, if you are that guy, I have the SSH you've been looking for too =-) How about that!!!!

Or, you're not this guy.

Buddle

Veteran
I was under the impression the MOB x FL were better than the original MOB..so much that the breeder is growing the MOB/FL hybrid now instead of the MOB..Kills it outdoors I guess. Those MOB x BB sativa should be decent Highsteppa.
I remember the real MOB being difficult to keep in veg but loved to be in flower..Very little to no stretch is what I remember. I hit her with some afghan Dream pollen and a friend grew a bunch of those last summer. A bit prone to mold but the AD brought up the potency.

browntrout

Veteran
Where do I get the MOB/FL???? FL and MOB are both killer OD plants the Freeze more so. But i like the flavors/smells on the Mob more.

sith44

Where do I get the MOB/FL???? FL and MOB are both killer OD plants the Freeze more so. But i like the flavors/smells on the Mob more.

Let me save you some time bro. That cross sucks balls. Big, beautiful colorful buds with almost no flavor. I was a test grower for it...and grew it three different times. You can do much, much better.

Bud Jones

Let me save you some time bro. That cross sucks balls. Big, beautiful colorful buds with almost no flavor. I was a test grower for it...and grew it three different times. You can do much, much better.
Is MOB the commersh Jerry Berry is see all over the NE?

thehighestman

Is MOB the commersh Jerry Berry is see all over the NE?

Story goes that it was inbred and stabilized from seeds found in a special batch of Jerry Berry from back in the day. The M.O.B. is a super berry smelling strain. I haven't seen any crosses done with it but have been around the clone only for a few years and if it breeds well then I might try to make a few crosses into some top shelf stabilized genetics.

thehighestman

I would think a bubba cross would be nice for a quick indica dominant strain with potency and amazing taste. The white crosses well and let's other genetics shine in the cross. I'm working on finding a good breeding down from my forum GSC cut. That would be epic...

highsteppa

Veteran

I didn't think they were bad...grew out the 2 of the 3 main keepers that the guy who made the cross picked out of a nice seed run. "Papaya" and the piney freeze dom with mob frost and mob background flavor.The piney one was great and actually sized up. A buddy grew some of the f1 last season and loved it. The cuts were done sept 15.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Story goes that it was inbred and stabilized from seeds found in a special batch of Jerry Berry from back in the day. The M.O.B. is a super berry smelling strain. I haven't seen any crosses done with it but have been around the clone only for a few years and if it breeds well then I might try to make a few crosses into some top shelf stabilized genetics.

We had buds from MOB x Big Bud going around this winter. It was OK. Didn't buy it twice.

Keesje

TH Seeds claik that they have feminized seeds from MOB.
http://www.thseeds.com/mob

If you look at some of the pics, it seems the buds are foxtail-shape.
Perhaps that is typical for this strain.

http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...5a0d8c5e4b/1455751484301/mob2.jpg?format=750w

mob5.jpg

mob4.jpg
mob2.jpg

browntrout

Veteran
" It looks different then what you are used to- some purple and crazy pink color and it’s full of terpenes."

I'd like to give it a shot, looks very dense for foxtail.

Although the bud pics do remind me of Highrises S2's.

Perhaps it is a BX or a different pheno from the original.

Keesje

M.O.B. aka NE Blue Hashplant aka The Hulk

Are you sure they are all the same?

If I look them up (not too much to find when you google) they all have different descriptions.
Most sites claim that the MOB is a 100% Indica, ready in 6 tot 8 weeks.
The NE Blue Hashplant is called a 60% Indica/40% Sativa and takes a minium of 50 days.
But indeed a lot of people tell that MOB = NE Blue Hash Plant.

About the Hulk there is not that much I can find.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Are you sure they are all the same?

If I look them up (not too much to find when you google) they all have different descriptions.
Most sites claim that the MOB is a 100% Indica, ready in 6 tot 8 weeks.
The NE Blue Hashplant is called a 60% Indica/40% Sativa and takes a minium of 50 days.
But indeed a lot of people tell that MOB = NE Blue Hash Plant.

About the Hulk there is not that much I can find.

Yeah, I'm sure. When I first received this cut in 2010 from a fellow icmagger he called it all 3 names, the Hulk being sort of a joke because of how well it was growing. He was the first and pretty much the only one I've met that refers to it as NE Blue HP. I include the tag as an homage of sorts to him. I don't know if a google search for that tag will be of much use but it wouldn't surprise me, either.

Can't speak on the 60/40 thing, who knows the exact parental make-up?, but it's a fairly typical broadleaf plant in most respects. Nice flavor, red wine/berry being most prominent to my nose with a solid body buzz, nothing overpowering or debilitating but very chill and relaxing. Finishes fast; indoors 50-55 is your window, outdoors it's first to second week of September.

Latest posts

Latest posts